Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm pretty sure that this Rebecca Black "Friday" video is a big publicity stunt... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Think about it: EVERYBODY knows her name now, and so now she is famous she can easily get new, better material out there and make tons of money. If she releases a new, good song, everyone will go have a listen because we know who she is and will be interested in what she does. Or, if she goes into acting, we'll all be like "Oh it's that Rebecca Black, I fancy seeing what she's like as an actress"

Basically I feel like we're being treated like tools and this music video/song is deliberately awful to boost her to fame and get Rebecca Black's name out there. What do you think? Agree/Disagree?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, there's a bright side to this. If people spend their time talking about this, we may finally get rid of all the "illuminati" nonsense.

Rebbecca Black is Rickrolling the world. fact.

is it worth it?
    maybe

ReputationRep:
    who the **** is rebecca black?

ReputationRep:
    Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    Rebecca who?

ReputationRep:
    I keep seeing her name, but have no idea who she is, what she's done, etc. :dontknow:

What's she done that has boded her name to be plastered up on TSR? :confused:

Edit: Just watched the video... I have nothing more to say.

Edit #2: It seemed as if they girl on her left was attractive. Then she faced the camera. That was a BIG disappointment. It could've saved the video had I also had it muted.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a passing craze, no one will remember who she is by the end of next week...

Although whenever I hear the song I feel like this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    who the **** is rebecca black?
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Rebecca who?
    Ignorance is....

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You don't want to know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Memorable moments summed up

Spoiler:
    Show

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY???!!!!!

THEY WERE THE CHOSEN ONES!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ..Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal.
    It helps me decide what I want to eat in the morning.

Though the bus ride home is always slightly harder.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)...
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes after...wards

BEST LYRICS EVERRRR. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that making the entire world think that your artist is a talentless teenybopper joke would be the worst marketing strategy in human history.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to know

But if you wish to injure yourself mentally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Memorable moments summed up

Spoiler:
    Show

:rofl:

I thought the song was pretty funny, :bigsmile: though she has a horrible, mechanical voice. :afraid:

:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    For da lulz http://callurgirlfriend.tumblr.com/p...-blacks-friday

ReputationRep:
    E! channel said she got death threats... I'm actually surprised about that. I thought everyone would just laugh at the song...

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure what was worse, the song or the video -_-

ReputationRep:
    Or it could have just been a genuine song (that turned out to not be so great and people disliked it) but the controversy and hate and all surrounding it just boosted it into internet meme-dom and infamy, causing her to become Insta-famous

Tumblr, twitter and the internet has made her famous, we have made her famous, whether she wanted to be or not. The video was released February 27th and it blew up randomly on Friday March 11th.... seems a bit odd

ReputationRep:
    "my friend is by my right"
    girl on the left
    "woah *****...."
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Fun Fun Fun Fun

We we we we so excited we so excited...

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to know

But if you wish to injure yourself mentally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

I love that ratings have been disabled for her video there.
    Clearly acknowledged that there would be 100x the amount of dislikes than likes!

ReputationRep:
    You're suggesting that she is hoping that this song and video increase her fame, popularity and allow her to go on and produce more music or work in other areas of the entertainment industry?

Thanks for pointing that out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.