Turn on thread page Beta

I'm pretty sure that this Rebecca Black "Friday" video is a big publicity stunt... watch

ReputationRep:
    isn't anything that anyone remotely famous or talented does, done in order to increase their fame?

ReputationRep:
    It was rich parents paying a production company an extortionate amount of money to make a flashy music video and sub-par pop song for their 'darling little princess' who has an absolutely terrible voice.

And it just happened to get famous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    who the **** is rebecca black?
    i have the exact same question heard her name a few times but never seen her

oh my god listened to it she is awful

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't she sold like 200k singles of her song Friday already independently? Even if this was a one hit wonder, she sure did make a hell lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    They could actually use the song in Sesame Street!

Today is Friday, tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    This made me laugh for a very, very long time. Sir, I salute you.
    You mean Sir Lady , I salute you. Although I don't blame you because it's not obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    You mean Sir Lady , I salute you. Although I don't blame you because it's not obvious.
    Oooh, sorry, appologies! I just assumed you were a guy, haha.

ReputationRep:
    "Gotta have my bowl, gotta have my cereal"

She's just standing there!

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

what the ****...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You don't want to know

But if you wish to injure yourself mentally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Memorable moments summed up

These 2 take the prize...

EDIT: ok I could only handle the first 10 seconds of the song... but i'm going to listen to all of it now... brb

**** - Could not do it... It's just too horrible

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, I could have eaten a can of spagetti alphabet, and make a song out of the letters i pooped out and it would be better than that crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    loooooooool!!! This had me cracking soo hard it hurts!

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to say I've never actually seen that video, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes the new rick-roll -__-

ReputationRep:
    She's been trending for nearly two weeks on twitter (thats how i came across her name) and now TSR caught the infection too... I guess I'll have to listen to the song before I can comment which I've been reluctant in doing even now as I write this, but the lyrics already put me off never mind the pretty awful feedback people are giving.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's genuine, her parents paid for the whole experience for her. I just still can't work out how those lyrics were approved...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtoloseweight)
    tbf, i could have eaten a can of spagetti alphabet, and make a song out of the letters i pooped out and it would be better than that crap.
    LMAOskies!! That analogy was sOoOoOoO FUNNY!!11 LOL pls tell me mroe!!! xxx

:|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    LMAOskies!! That analogy was sOoOoOoO FUNNY!!11 LOL pls tell me mroe!!! xxx

:|
    No need to be such a ****, jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I think it's genuine, her parents paid for the whole experience for her. I just still can't work out how those lyrics were approved...
    The production company get paid to make her music video - I don't think they give a **** if it's good or not, so long as they get paid...

(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    No need to be such a ****, jeez.
    Lighten up, I'm only joshing around.

ReputationRep:
    The production company get paid to make her music video - I don't think they give a **** if it's good or not, so long as they get paid...

:mmm: I for one know that if my mum was paying for that, she'd go mental if that's what the writers were coming up with.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, just assumed you were being a self righteous prick who likes to make others feel stupid, like most people on here...

Sorry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2013
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.