Turn on thread page Beta

I'm pretty sure that this Rebecca Black "Friday" video is a big publicity stunt... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lol I always have to laugh at things like this...

There's me thinking " Ohh **** song lol "

Then people give her death threats, I thought I was a bit of a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    :mmm: I for one know that if my mum was paying for that, she'd go mental if that's what the writers were coming up with.
    I thought she wrote the lyrics? Certainly sounds like it.

In all honesty, if she got someone to actually write decent lyrics, avoiding using the word "friday" (because she sounds terrible when she sings it) and perhaps get a vocal coach of some sort, she could actually be quite good...

...for a thirteen year old pop singer...

(Original post by diamonddust)
    They could actually use the song in Sesame Street!

Today is Friday, tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards...
    "We we we we so excited"

I don't want little children learning crap grammar. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    No need to be such a ****, jeez.
    Lol you nicked that joke off failbook.

Her parents paid 2 grand for the video I think I read. And the girl had the choice of 2 songs to sing on the day of the shoot, god knows what the other song must have sounded like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)

In all honesty, if she got someone to actually write decent lyrics, avoiding using the word "friday" (because she sounds terrible when she sings it) and perhaps get a vocal coach of some sort, she could actually be quite good...

No she wasn't the one who wrote the song. It was Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson, whoever they are.

From Wiki:

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, recalls how a classmate of Black informed her of Ark Music Factory, an L.A. record label that allowed young singers to gain experience in the industry by recording a track for a fee.[13] Kelly paid Ark Music $2,000 for a package that included a choice of two pre-written songs.[13]
    Ah so I guess the other song she could have chosen, (Thursday? Saturday?) was even worse.

ReputationRep:
    No she wasn't the one who wrote the song. It was Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson, whoever they are.

From Wiki:

Ah so I guess the other song she could have chosen, (Thursday? Saturday?) was even worse.
    What?! People actually get paid to write tripe like that?

****!

I've been planning on going to university, earning a degree and then getting a job to work endless years to get money.

Screw that, I'm writing **** songs for super-spoilt, rich daddy's girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    "We we we we so excited"

I don't want little children learning crap grammar. :puppyeyes:
    You sound like my kind of person.

Let's be friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpthroughtime)
    Think about it: EVERYBODY knows her name now, and so now she is famous she can easily get new, better material out there and make tons of money. If she releases a new, good song, everyone will go have a listen because we know who she is and will be interested in what she does. Or, if she goes into acting, we'll all be like "Oh it's that Rebecca Black, I fancy seeing what she's like as an actress"

Basically I feel like we're being treated like tools and this music video/song is deliberately awful to boost her to fame and get Rebecca Black's name out there. What do you think? Agree/Disagree?
    I think so too, and have done since the first time i saw the video. I really want it to be real, but the songwriting is just so horrible that i refuse to believe it got the green light from everyone involved. If it was made for comedic purposes (which I'm now about 70% sure of) then it was very well done, gave me a good laugh!!

What?! People actually get paid to write tripe like that?

****!

I've been planning on going to university, earning a degree and then getting a job to work endless years to get money.

Screw that, I'm writing **** songs for super-spoilt, rich daddy's girls
    I feel for the people who are actually genuinely good lyric-writers and do not have the opportunity to write songs. :sad:

You sound like my kind of person.

Let's be friends.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    She's gonna be rich over it. So I think the picture below fits quite well:

BTW, I'm not insinuating she can walk on water, but the metaphor is great.

ReputationRep:
    All the videos and songs that come from ARK music factory are beyond rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Its not even worth it, I've listened to the song, and there's nothing special, or nothing someone could possible like about the song. Boring song and basically she is just mentioning some days.. thats all I think.. hmmmm

ReputationRep:

From Wiki:

Apparently the other song was about 'love' and she chose not to sing it because it wasn't very appropriate for her age as 13 is too young to experience that kind of stuff...

ReputationRep:
    I would bludgeon her to death with her oversized ego, that is if I was able to lift it.
    Oh, and there is clearly only one seat available in that motor vehicle, it is not 'cool' to then contemplate which seat you should sit in. You have to choose between the back seat, and the back seat, if you can't make that decision, you are clearly retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Care to elaborate on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)

Apparently the other song was about 'love' and she chose not to sing it because it wasn't very appropriate for her age as 13 is too young to experience that kind of stuff...
    She looks far older than Justin Bieber, he does it often enough :lol:

But still, I wonder if they lyrics were just as bad anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Care to elaborate on this?
    typo...

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I feet like my ears were being raped when I listen to that song, it's been autotuned to death. Yesterday I heard it several times in the sixth form common area as people showed it to their friends, who found even more hilarious considering it was actually a friday.

Oh I'm pretty sure it was a publicity stunt, although I don't think she expected to get such negative attention, another thread on tsr has been made about her crying over the nasty comments made and as another user said, she's even getting death threats. While I hated the song it's harsh that people have said things about her and even wished stuff like that on her.

But I hope she doesn't bring out another. Jeez, I bet 'Monday' would be a depressing song.

(Original post by KJane)
    But I hope she doesn't bring out another. Jeez, I bet 'Monday' would be a depressing song.
    God help us all if she ruins "Manic Monday" by making a cover of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpthroughtime)
    Think about it: EVERYBODY knows her name now, and so now she is famous she can easily get new, better material out there and make tons of money. If she releases a new, good song, everyone will go have a listen because we know who she is and will be interested in what she does. Or, if she goes into acting, we'll all be like "Oh it's that Rebecca Black, I fancy seeing what she's like as an actress"

Basically I feel like we're being treated like tools and this music video/song is deliberately awful to boost her to fame and get Rebecca Black's name out there. What do you think? Agree/Disagree?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.