Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All!

I have gotten myself into a problem at university and was looking for some advice really.

In my first semester i had coursework due in around December 4Th. What was different about this is that they required me to submit my coursework online using a dropbox. When the deadline came i put my work in the dropbox and didnt think anything more of it. After christmas the lecturer then emailed out all the results but i have a 0 next to my name

I emailed him to ask why and he said that he didnt receive anything from me. I told him i submitted it the day before the deadline online, that it must be some mistake. He doubled checked but still didnt recieve anything. He told me i should of also recieved an email telling me i had submitted the work but when i checked i never had that either.

Now he says their is nothing he can do and that i should contact my level tutor which i have but nothing has been done as this was so long ago.

This is my final year and now i wont be able to graduate with my friends AND i will have to redo this courswork and i will only got 40%.

I honestly dont know what happened when i submitted the coursework. i am assuming it failed and i thought it had gone through and just closed off the screen.

What can i do? i am so so upset about this it's just not fair. My parents keep talking about my graduation telling me they are excited to attend and i have not told them yet. they will be heartbroken

ReputationRep:
    Is this even in the correct section?

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to submit it to something like turn it in? Are you new to that software?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Did you have to submit it to something like turn it in? Are you new to that software?
    it was just a online drop box on blackboard, i am new to submitting coursework online like this.

ReputationRep:
    when i finish the remainder of my courseworks i am going to send strongly worded emails to higher people then my level tutor.

See what happends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuffler)
    when i finish the remainder of my courseworks i am going to send strongly worded emails to higher people then my level tutor.

See what happends.
    Is there any chance you could see from your account the assignment you submitted with the date?

ReputationRep:
    just to update this. they did nothing about this and i had to take a referal coursework and it has been capped to 40% which is so unfair.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.