Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What can I use to firm up underneath my chin area that will actually work?

It's not too bad at the min, and i'm not fat (size 8) so I don't understand why i've got this bit of skin that will not just stop protruding? I am so self conscious of it, posing in pics with my face up so it doesn't shadow or sag, and tried reflective make-up away from my chin but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference.

Is wearing a scarf forever / dieting or surgery my only options?

ReputationRep:
    With the double chin, how long have you noticed you've had it for? What's your weight in kg and height?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I have the beginnings of one too. I'm not that fat and I often see women who are lots fatter and don't have one :/ I guess it's just bad luck over where our fat distributes.

ReputationRep:
    FECK! (Face-neck).
    My friend has it, she's not fat in the slightest, just has a feck.
    There are supposedly exercise you can do with your mouth and jaw to firm it up.
    But I honestly couldn't tell you what they were though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    With the double chin, how long have you noticed you've had it for? What's your weight in kg and height?
    hmm weight is 52 / 53 kg and my height is 5'5.

But i still have a double chin, or i'm getting one. I just want to know how to prevent it really, I think it's genetic because a few of my family members have fatty bits under the chin, maybe that's why i'm so paranoid!

ReputationRep:

This is you in 2 months

ReputationRep:
    I have it too like my mother. maybe its genetics.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain. There are, apparently, exercises you can do to get rid of this but i'm not sure how effective they are.

http://geniusbeauty.com/about-sport-...f-double-chin/

There's an example!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)

This is you in 2 months
    That's a ****in megachin m8

ReputationRep:
    It might not even be a big deal, post pics of your chin or chins

ReputationRep:
    Mine is hidden beneath my beard.Shaving makes me look younger but also fatter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Mine is hidden beneath my beard.Shaving makes me look younger but also fatter.
    lol, if i could grow hair to cover it then i would :beard:
    I guess not for another 50 years or so though!

There's a pic of me in my profile but it's a bit old (2 years ago) and a bit small lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.