Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend who is really paranoid of her smell and she always get worked up when someone on the bus says 'someone stinks of BO' and when with loads of people, she becomes really quiet and self conscious.when in lesson sh moves to the end of the table even with me her best friend..how should i help her:confused:?

ReputationRep:
    Everytime you hug her, tell her she smells nice?

ReputationRep:
    Well tell her to wear some deodorant if she stinks? That's if she actually does stink? Smell her?

OH and tell her to shower more often if she does. Obviously not the nicest of things to say to a friend but if you're close then hopefully she'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be Captain Obvious, but buy her deodorant?

ReputationRep:
    Done all that even got her a perfume but she is still really really paranoid?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to get femfresh.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm wouldnt that be weird..counted as a lesbian act?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tell her she smells fine and the bus always smell like that.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately everyone has an odour, and many people think their own odour is quite nasty and very strong but others will not really notice it because to them its not strong. (not very good at explaining)basically each person smells their own scent because subconsiously they know they can smell it therefor its always there and extremely over powering, its also very difficult to get out of that mind track. I know someone who even uses a can of deodorant a week just on her bits (has caused her to get very severe cases of thrush quite regularly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thru sun and rain)
    Unfortunately everyone has an odour, and many people think their own odour is quite nasty and very strong but others will not really notice it because to them its not strong. (not very good at explaining)basically each person smells their own scent because subconsiously they know they can smell it therefor its always there and extremely over powering, its also very difficult to get out of that mind track. I know someone who even uses a can of deodorant a week just on her bits (has caused her to get very severe cases of thrush quite regularly)

Owwwww! And I'm not surprised that she gets thrush- does this not make her think she shouldn't use it down there?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Owwwww! And I'm not surprised that she gets thrush- does this not make her think she shouldn't use it down there?!
    Me, her aunt and several doctors have told her not too but she still doesn't listen... oh forgot to add the recuring cystitus she gets. There is only so many times one can tell another

ReputationRep:
    I actually had this for like 3 years when I was in Years 9-11 despite bathing twice a day. Started when I heared some girl on the bus behind me say "He stinks", it became an obsessional neurosis and was actually quite serious when it was in full swing. I even cut the carpet in my room up because I was convinced that stunk, making my room stink, making my clothes stink.

It even carried over to sixthform though to a lesser extent and even now I sometimes think I stink. Despite still bathing twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknwnEntity)
    I actually had this for like 3 years when I was in Years 9-11 despite bathing twice a day. Started when I heared some girl on the bus behind me say "He stinks", it became an obsessional neurosis and was actually quite serious when it was in full swing. I even cut the carpet in my room up because I was convinced that stunk, making my room stink, making my clothes stink.

It even carried over to sixthform though to a lesser extent and even now I sometimes think I stink. Despite still bathing twice a day.
    I also had the problem but now I don't actually notice it. which is good because I was so paranoid to the extent whilst I was at school everyone sort of found out that i was paranoid and started spraying anything at me (male deodorant, air freshners, and to the extent of getting adhesive air fresheners and sticking them to my back and bag.) I wasn't a very happy bunny with it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.