Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have liked this girl for about a month now and I've told her, we still seem fine and talk normally. She told me the other day she likes me as well but she only broke up with her last boyfriend about 3 months ago, she is only a little bit worried of what everyone else thinks but I think that shouldnt matter.

Should I wait for her to be ready or isnt there a chance?

ReputationRep:
    She said she likes you, go figure.

ReputationRep:
    So you have 100 problems, I assume?

ReputationRep:
    She said that she dont want to seem rushing after her last boyfriend and I understand that but it was 3 almost 4 months ago, most of my mates says theres a connection with us.

ReputationRep:
    She broke up with him 3 months ago? Ladies, I know you need your time and all that, but its not as if he was your life partner of 80 years?

Maybe shes using as an excuse, maybe shes just being cautious.

Either way, I've got no idea what goes on under the nice hair and made up face.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her? 3 months ago? and what her friends will think its wrong to move on after 3months? I think there's something she aint telling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    So you have 100 problems, I assume?
    I was gunna post "if you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son" but I guess I was beaten.

ReputationRep:
    She thinks peope will call her a **** for moving on "quickly" and I have asked her cause she is closer to me then everyone else and people have said that, I asked her what is happening between us and she said she doesnt know

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to stop worrying about what people think, I'm sure people won't actually care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rowlando15)
    I have liked this girl for about a month now and I've told her, we still seem fine and talk normally. She told me the other day she likes me as well but she only broke up with her last boyfriend about 3 months ago, she is only a little bit worried of what everyone else thinks but I think that shouldnt matter.

Should I wait for her to be ready or isnt there a chance?
    She likes you, so unless she is lying to your face, then you have a chance.

Now for me when a person has split up from an ex, and it is still fresh in the memory, some people are less willing to commit to a new relationship because they don't want to seem to others and mostly themselves that they are simply rebounding. It might be a case that she doesn't want her friends to think that, but in my experience, that is generally said because the person in question still isn't over their last relationship. I could be wrong, but I know I said that to a girl who was interested in me after I split with my girlfriend of almost 3 years. I wasn't ready for a relationship a few months after, I wasn't ready a year after. Now her last relationship might have been different, but if it was a decent relationship gone sour, she may still have feelings for the lad that she wants to forget before moving on.

My advice is to see if she is willing to go on dates or go out just with you as friends - catch a film, get a drink etc, nothing too fancy, but try and get to know her. If she likes you, and there is that connection your friends have seen, it should progress from there when she is ready.

(Original post by TomInce6666)
    She broke up with him 3 months ago? Ladies, I know you need your time and all that, but its not as if he was your life partner of 80 years?

Maybe shes using as an excuse, maybe shes just being cautious.
    Some people aren't ready for relationships that close to their last one, some people are. I know lads who jump from one girl to another, and don't give the last a seconds thought. Yet myself it took me a while to get over my ex of 3 years, and my ex of about a year. So it isn't just girls who need time, because anyone who has just come out of a relationship will cope and move on in different ways, and it will take them different amounts of time to move on. Might not be a life partner, but it is certainly not always easy to move on for some.

ReputationRep:
    Her last relationship was between one of my mates and that might be a reason, also the last realtionship ended because he wanted to stay friends but they didnt even stay friends, but she knows I like her and ive told her this and the other day we had a little argument because of me wanting to know if she liked me the same way and we didnt talk in school. When we went out we talked about it and she admited that she does like me, and we was closer than usual the whole night. Im just wondering whether to give up or just wait for her to be ready.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.