The Student Room Group

Late assignment hand in.. Have i totally failed or?

Where to start.. kinda angry at myself. If you dont wanna read it all skip to the red parts.

i needed somewhere to vent. maybe i shouldnt worry so much.

the last few weeks have been really tough at uni for me. It was both hard work and big assignments.
It was only hard because the course im doing is all new to me but im starting to grasp it now towards the end of the year.

Anyway 1st question; i had 4 assignments set to do in the last 4 weeks; do you think this was fair? Ive also been revising for exams and doing classwork during this period too. ive been struggling with keeping up. As far as i know my friend who does business had his assignments all spaced out and has never had 4 at any one time.

ALSO i managed to give in one of those 4 assignments last week 'on time'.
BUT i missed 2 deadlines that were this friday just passed. and nows it almost sunday.

i have the last assignment of 4 to do for this wednesday.

Im in foundation year so we dont get half terms (reading weeks) so its always continuous work.
im doing 6 units of:

maths1 - (50/50)
maths2 - (50/50)
programming - (i think ive failed this)
I.T - (confident ive passed)
Academic Studies - (confident ive passed)
Applied Numeracy - (in which i have definately passed)

Its annoying because i would have rather have assignments more spaced out.. but i just feel ive had tons of work thrown at once (dont mean to sound whiney).. i wasnt prepared even tho i tried hard.

ive not done maths/programming etc at college before so i found it difficult.. but not impossible.
my maths assignment would have prob got 80%-100% if only had handed it in on friday. it will prob be capped at 40% now.

Second question?
do you suggest i mail the teachers and ask for their verdict?
i also havent felt well recently due to being stressed out and having bad genuine sleep patterns (i dont drink or use facebook).. i have suffered badly before with depression before my time at uni. i feel i should maybe ask my teachers if i can get some sympathy for this; im good pals with most my teachers in the classes.

My failure to hand it in wasnt to do with laziness or anything, it was just that i couldnt get it all done in time.

I wish i could hand it in 2 days late but i guess i cant grr.. :frown:
if you know anything i could do lemme know. thanks for reading.

PS: also i am passionate about the course im doing and enjoying it.. just feel that im behind the other students who have done this at AS/2 already, scared i may fail it for some reason. my maths teacher said ive done well considering ive not done maths at college though.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending