Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did your parents find out about you losing your virginity? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I believe my parents are aware but they're in denial about it.
    They probably found out when they caught me staying at my ex's house.

ReputationRep:
    Never told them. But after being with my ex for three years, they pretty much assumed it had happened.

ReputationRep:
    Well my first girlfriend told them. Unfortunately my parents aren't as liberal as some, not strict, but they kind of believe in no sex before marriage... I let them down on that one lol.

Anyway, we had been together for a couple of months, and I had slept over at hers twice (at the time was 16 and she was 17). First time she slept over we had been watching a film, and where heading to bed and my mum jokingly said: "You two behave yourselves!", to which my girlfriend at the time replied: "Don't worry we always use a condom."

At this point I go bright red and make a beeline for the exit to avoid a potentially awkward conversation. Luckily my parents didn't bring it up, but looking back on it I guess there are worse ways for them to find out lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well... My parents were suspicious that I would when I first got with my boyfriend, I guess they sensed it because we were so serious.
    But, my mum actually walked in :s it was bloody awful.

ReputationRep:
    So I came out and told them, only to have them tell me at the end of the ensuing conversation that they'd already heard via the other guy's parents.

They were actually very good about it, and have continued to be really supportive even when my peers haven't However, I did get the feeling they'd guessed after I spent a night over at a mate's house and then spent several weeks walking round sporting a wrap-around grin. Ah well

ReputationRep:
    My mum was driving me to visit a friend about 2 hours away and we were talking about my boyfriend. There was a long, awkward silence and then she plucked up the courage to ask "So Sara......have you been, y'know, having sex?"

I said yes, went bright red and then she started telling me that she knew "something was up" because I'd been "very happy recently" The thing is, this conversation happened about a year after I lost my virginity :p:

EDIT: Why the neg?

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a boyfriend (that the parents know about), because I'm private like that. My parents know nothing about anything like that.

My dad will definitely still assume I'm a virgin, I mean, I doubt it's something that's ever crossed his mind, but if he were to think on it, I think he'd assume I was as pure as the Virgin Mary. He's Arab after all. :teehee:

I don't know about my mum, she knows I drink, I stay out the house overnight a lot (that sounds bad, I just mean I sleep at my best friends a lot, like every week, and she lives in halls), I'm 21 etc.. I don't know what she thinks, I'm certainly not going to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Mine actually don't know yet, I don't think.

I lost my virginity really quite a while ago to someone they disliked, and so I never told them at the time because they would have killed me. I've had sex since when in relationships they approved of, but post-sex, my first urge isn't to go 'mam, guess what I just did!' :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    when your mum told them.

ReputationRep:
    My parents like to think that they're incredibly cool and liberal so are always asking about nights out/drinking/sex etc. They ask...I tell. At first I thought that it was cringeworthy but I'd prefer to be open with my parents then to be like my friends; who hide everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impossible!)
    My Mum asked, and I just told her. Then she would have told my poor Dad. I dunno about other girl's Dads, but my Dad just wants to think I'm his little princess forever and hates to know anything like that lol.
    Same here .
    My mum just kind of guessed because I have a long term bf. My dad found out when my bf stayed over for the first time ever and and my brother came downstairs and told the whole family that he found a box of johnnys in my draw :zomg:. Though, I still to this day have no idea what my brother was doing in my underwear draw :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    ... Though, I still to this day have no idea what my brother was doing in my underwear draw :indiff:
    I think you do....

i told my mum a couple of days afterwards, i didn't want to hide something like that from her. dad might have guessed but we never speak about it, i don't think he'd want to even think about me being "grown up", despite being 18 now!

ReputationRep:
    The condom split or came off or something and I told my mum I had to get the morning after pill and she took me to get it. Aw-kward.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure my parents think I'm a massively overcompensating virgin. Every time they ask me an awkward question, I give a massively exaggerated answer, usually involving drugs and anal sex.

If they're going to make me feel uncomfortable, I'll make them feel even more so.

As for my actual sex life, well I keep my business to myself. Not even my friends hear the majority of the details.

ReputationRep:
    The way my parents found out was probably the most embarrassing of all..
    I didn't come home after 12 one night (I was young and had to be in by a certain time haha)
    Mum rang me and I answered by leaning on my phone.. and it was left on...
    Her and my younger sibling heard EVERYTHING
    I came back the next morn.. with my mother asking if I wore protection....Just wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    I never told them, they probably just assumed. I've never had a conversation about sex with either of them, but I was with my ex for over 3 years so I'm sure they knew. And clearly don't care.

lol my mom's aware that I share a bed with my boyfriend and said that she's not dumb enough to think we don't feel each other up. However, she doesn't know that I've lost my virginity to him ... and if she finds out, I'm pretty sure she'll disown me so the plan now is to not let her know ... ever.

my boyfriend and I have been dating for just over 3 years, and I only recently lost it.

ReputationRep:
    My parents haven't found out because I haven't lost my virginity...Yeah :sexface:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Well... My parents were suspicious that I would when I first got with my boyfriend, I guess they sensed it because we were so serious.
    But, my mum actually walked in :s it was bloody awful.
    Oh my gosh! What happened?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.