Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did your parents find out about you losing your virginity? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea if mine know. They should do, given the amount of time we spend in my room with the door locked...

His parents found the used condoms in the bin, like a fool he put them in with the main rubbish. They don't care though, had a chat with my boyfriend asking if I was on the pill etc. They enjoy making jokes about it, his brother even bought him handcuffs for christmas

ReputationRep:
    My mother/father/sister found a condom wrapper in my room and conveniently placed it on my bedside table. They know but we never speak about it xD

His parents on the other hand ... well they've found a used condom before he has had a chance to bin it :/ and theyve knocked on the wall because of the noise. Mortifying experience....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scadoosh)
    ... and theyve knocked on the wall because of the noise. Mortifying experience....
    Shouldn't be so noisy then should you?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I'm sharing this but...his sister walked in on us (Not the first time we had sex, about 4 months after)

She knocked and walked in at the same (why do people do that?!), but quickly left the room when she saw us.

She must have told his mum because, the next time I stayed round, his mum asked us which forms of contraception we were using and told us that we can always come to her for advice

My mum found out a while later when she asked me outright. I'm assuming she's told my dad, but I'm not sure...

ReputationRep:
    Some things parents don't need to find out in order to know it. I'm sure parents would automatically assume after a certain age that my son/daughter is not a virgin any more.

ReputationRep:
    Wel my mum knew when I was 17ish i think. No idea how she knew. I think she just figured it out since id been in a relationship for a while etc.

ReputationRep:
    They don't know :ninja:

At least I don't think they know. But what if I told them I know that they know when it turns out they don't really know and then they'll know and I'll know they know and they'll know I know they know and...:sigh: It's just a cycle :sad:

ReputationRep:
    They found the tape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I think Mum guessed when I told her about my boyfriend. She told Dad.
    What did your Dad say/do?

ReputationRep:
    My parents thought I'd lost it before I actually did. My lovely godmother came round specially to tell them a rumour that went round about me, because she was "scared I'd get pregnant." I didn't correct them about it, just got away with a talk about looking after my reputation... So a year later my mum was cool with everything and I went on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I accidentally charged the prostitute to my dads credit card :facepalm:
    man, if only I could give you rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunky x)
    I got angry and yelled it across the house during an argument.

Thankfully, I'm quite open with my father [whom I live with] so it wasn't that big a deal.

As for my Mother, who is again an incredibly liberal sort, she thought I was having sex long before I was and when I finally got a 'proper' boyfriend she was like 'You must be having sex now!' so I said yes. You cannot even comprehend the volume of weirdness concerning my mother and sex. She once walked in to the bathroom whilst I was in the bath, sat down on the toilet [the lid was down] and said 'So, I need to talk to you about masturbation.' I was like 'Erm, Mum, naked, in the bath.'
    Ahaha, my mum does this too!
    I've started locking the bathroom door to keep her out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mum asked so I told her, had a nice chat about it! Told her I was ready, all well an good ect.

And then my dad found the empty condom packet in my room... D:

I'm ashamed slightly to admit it, but I expect they've heard us.

Even if that wasn't the case, they would know. We don't spend ages in my room doing nothing :p: There aren't times when they can't come in because we're trying on clothes together :p:

ReputationRep:
    My parents only thought I lost my virginity with my last ex, when actually I'd lost it about 3 years before, aha, He was a 'bad boy', and so the "conversations" (i.e. arguments) about it were angry and/or emotional.

I'm pretty sure my current boyfriend's parents know, although they haven't mentioned it to either of us. His mum always knocks on the door and asks why it's locked - the rule is, we have to keep the door unlocked if we're in his room - just as we're getting down to the fun bits D:<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    What did your Dad say/do?

Nothing, Mum is a very calming influence on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Nothing, Mum is a very calming influence on him.
    Lol, my Dad would just bring it up at irrelevant moments and/or go into a sulk, knowing he can do nothing about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    Lol, my Dad would just bring it up at irrelevant moments and/or go into a sulk, knowing he can do nothing about it
    Admittedly my Dad didn't like him at first (he isn't same religion or race) but now he approves and we are getting married in August.

Not really sure, guess my mum just figured we weren't just ''watching films'' and after she knocked it took a minute before I said ''come in?''! And I don't doubt she probably found condom packets under the bed. She makes jokes about it now and I assume she will of told dad.

ReputationRep:
    Living with my uncle abroad who phoned and told my mum i hadnt come home that night. First thing on my next phonecall home 'please tell me you were safe, and i dont mean walking in the bushes and getting bitten by snakes'
    i think my father figured out when my current boyfriend came to mine at xmas. despite different bedrooms we'd always go to bed in mine then he'd go to his about 1am and end up back in mine in the morning. The constant going up and down stairs must have driven him mad...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.