Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Wondering if anyone could help me with this classical piece that's been in my head for months, but I've no idea what it is or who it's by :confused:

It's hard to describe music I'm a music dunce, bear with me! Basically it's a single piano piece with no other instruments. It's slow and quite sad and consists of 3 notes played 'up the scale' over and over. I'd say they were 'medium' tone notes. It's been stuck in my head again because I heard it on an appeal video during comic relief last night!

Yes, my musical terminology is appalling and this is a long shot, but I have to find out what this piece is!

Thanks for any ideas

ReputationRep:
    If it's not Rach 2 then it's probably not worth listening to anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC armani)
    If it's not Russian then it's probably not worth listening to anyway.
    I agree.

Hehe, no I'm kidding but seriously OP can you give us anymore information on era - is it a modern piece of music? Classical, Romantic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieandperry)
    Hey,

Wondering if anyone could help me with this classical piece that's been in my head for months, but I've no idea what it is or who it's by :confused:

It's hard to describe music I'm a music dunce, bear with me! Basically it's a single piano piece with no other instruments. It's slow and quite sad and consists of 3 notes played 'up the scale' over and over. I'd say they were 'medium' tone notes. It's been stuck in my head again because I heard it on an appeal video during comic relief last night!

Yes, my musical terminology is appalling and this is a long shot, but I have to find out what this piece is!

Thanks for any ideas
    Um... it is very hard to determine the piece by the description given.

Do you know anything else about it apart from this?

ReputationRep:
    '3 notes played up the scale over and over'? The first piece that comes to my mind is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7_IZPHHb0

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Thanks for any ideas
    Sounds like The Last Resort by The Eagles to me

ReputationRep:
    It's not solo piano (bad start!) but Spiegel im Spiegel by Pärt is slow and quite sad with 3 notes played up the scale over and over.

ReputationRep:
    moonlight sonata???

ReputationRep:
    RIGHT, I know what your talking about...

Its this: To build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra

I was wondering the same thing, pretty sure this is what we were thinking of.

Please say yes.

Hey,

Thanks for any ideas

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.