Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Engineering: Nottingham, Southampton, Warwick or Glasgow?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    Those sadly don't give a great feel for the university!

Completely different once you get there!
    Very true, its definitely best to visit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsaneFandom)
    Very true, its definitely best to visit
    And while you're at it. Don't be another one of the insecure quiet kids who doesn't ask questions. If you're there for an interview ask good goddamn hard questions to the staff and the students, even when everyone else in your group is afraid to. You're probably going to get hard questions in the interview so it's your right that both sides are transparent, you're spending the most you have ever spent in your life most likely and if it was a car, you'd sure as hell ask to see everything with a fine tooth comb.

''What's in there?''
    ''What are they doing?''
    ''How much for this accom. a week?''
    ''Why is it so small for £120/week?''
    ''What are the MAJORITY of graduates of this course doing?''

That last one, it's funny how many times a university might say ''well our graduates are in a range of different jobs such as......*impressive company name*''

That could mean one got a good placement and the rest are cashiers.

blah blah blah

Interesting what you might find.

P.S. don't ask for a quickie when visiting dorm rooms with a guide. = awkward backfired ice-breaker joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airbus.Boeing)
    My origins are originally from Pakistan too although I was born and bred in the UK. Wow your going to be paying a huge amount of fees to study here tbh I think I'll be choosing the university of bath as my first choice then Glasgow or Loughborough as my insurance. You have any ideas yet?
    oh well nice to hear that ... ah no i'm pretty confused right now, don't now what to do! I really wanna stick to mechanical engineering, so i might narrow it down to nottingham and southampton i guess. But warwick is a pretty nice uni too .... urgh the hardest part of uni application process is to decide where to go, oce you've got the offers!

ReputationRep:
    too late now (I'm so unhelpful...) but why did you apply to Glasgow and not Strathclyde?
    Glasgow's got a better overall reputation, but when it comes to engineering Strathclyde wins hands down. It's not as pretty as Glasgow though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conway!)
    too late now (I'm so unhelpful...) but why did you apply to Glasgow and not Strathclyde?
    Glasgow's got a better overall reputation, but when it comes to engineering Strathclyde wins hands down. It's not as pretty as Glasgow though :p:
    ohh Glasgow is just amazinglyyyy pretty! main reason i applied there actually :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammarnkhan)
    oh well nice to hear that ... ah no i'm pretty confused right now, don't now what to do! I really wanna stick to mechanical engineering, so i might narrow it down to nottingham and southampton i guess. But warwick is a pretty nice uni too .... urgh the hardest part of uni application process is to decide where to go, oce you've got the offers!
    Hey, I'm a French student, and got offers from bath southampton bristol and nottingham in mechanical engineering. I really don't know what to choose.. As I live in Belgium I have no idea about what the different unis are worth.. Did you choose between nottingham and southampton ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mecheng)
    Hey, I'm a French student, and got offers from bath southampton bristol and nottingham in mechanical engineering. I really don't know what to choose.. As I live in Belgium I have no idea about what the different unis are worth.. Did you choose between nottingham and southampton ?
    I'm not too sure about southampton right now, perhaps its primarily because i've applied for aeronautics and astronautics there. I mean i do have an interest in this field of engineering, but i'm afraid i'll narrow down the career possibilities for me to just Aero-relating jobs. Well what do guys think, is nottingham a good overall uni for mechanical eng? Casue i'm really thinking of inclufing nottingham in my firm and assurance list!
    The offers i've got are AAA for southampton, AAB for Warwick and ABB for nottingham. so might just go for warwick and nottingham.
    Is engineering business management at warwick a good course?? i mean i can either stick with this course or choose mechanical eng modules and change it to a pure mechanical eng course!

Please have your say and help me out!
    Cheers

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.