Turn on thread page Beta

Stretched ear lobes/ ear stretching? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at 4g in my right ear and 6g in my left. What are your opinions on lobes which are stretched?

ReputationRep:
    It looks ridiculous and I can't possibly understand why anyone would want to do it. Always want to lock a padlock in them and run away, but I'm a massive pussy.

Why did you decide to do it OP?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know why, I think that it looks nice and I thought that I'd give it a shot two years back. I only went so far and took them out and within 6 weeks my ears were back to normal, I started again a few months back

ReputationRep:
    i absolutely love them. not such a hot look when they don't have plugs in...but i am literally in love. my friend has i think about 2 inches, AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    I had 5mm stretches for a while when I was younger, but got bored with not being able to wear pretty earrings so I retired them.

On other people, I like them - but I don't like them too big (12mm+).

ReputationRep:
    I have 1 10mm in my left ear. My right ear wont budge so I gave up stretching!

ReputationRep:
    I quite like them. My boyfriend has a 10mm in one ear, but I don't think I'd like it to get much bigger, but if he wanted to I wouldn't mind. I don't think I'd like them on myself (even though I'm modded as well) as I'd miss wearing normal earrings too much :').

OP - Are you going bigger?

ReputationRep:
    I like small-ish ear stretches (like 15mm or less) :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer my ears with them stretched then not, they just look naked

ReputationRep:
    Hate them. In my opinion they look foul and make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really see the appealing side to it, then again it's just something people do.

Like, tattoos or piercings. Strictly down to the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    Can't really see the appealing side to it, then again it's just something people do.

Like, tattoos or piercings. Strictly down to the individual.
    Pretty much this, the same way i dont understand why people want certain tattoos.

And be aware of this OP

ReputationRep:
    Personally can't understand why someone would do it. It doesn't look good and it can't be great for your ear.

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't like the look of it. Although I do think it looks better on men than it does on women.

And the thing is, once it gets past a certain point, your skin would be too far stretched and wouldn't go back to normal if you took the stretcher out, so you'd have massive holes in your ears when you're like 80...

But hey, it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    I personally don't like the look of it. Although I do think it looks better on men than it does on women.

And the thing is, once it gets past a certain point, your skin would be too far stretched and wouldn't go back to normal if you took the stretcher out, so you'd have massive holes in your ears when you're like 80...

But hey, it's up to you.
    It matters how far you go and it matters on the ears, 0-00g even sometimes up to 7/16 the ear after a period of time can shrink back to a normalish ear stud size

ReputationRep:
    I like it. Unless you go over a diameter of about a centimetre, it will stretch back - I currently have mine stretched to about 10mm at the moment, but I know that they'd go back within two to three weeks if I took the plugs out. That said, I do have unusually stretchy skin.

ReputationRep:
    Really not attractive...

...But do what you like OP.

ReputationRep:
    I really adore them. Especially when wooden plugs are worn. :love:
    However, I used to have mine stretched to 10mm. I took them out around August last year and my ears still haven't healed properly; they look like a cat's arse, so be warned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    I really adore them. Especially when wooden plugs are worn. :love:
    However, I used to have mine stretched to 10mm. I took them out around August last year and my ears still haven't healed properly; they look like a cat's arse, so be warned.
    When I'm at my ideal size, I would like to buy my self a decent pair of wooden plugs

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan, although I don't mind the smaller ones. I'll just stick to normal earrings... they're too much of a hassle as it is.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.