Yes
    68.68%
    No
    30.84%
    Unsure
    0.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    There have already been tens of civilian deaths. I don't care what they think they're targeting, they're killing even more innocent people.
    Where is your proof? Libyan state TV? :rofl:
    Go be naive somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the no fly zone, i do not agree with how the coalition countries are abusing it!

i dont see why they couldnt send in the SAS to assasinate him... oh right they already tried that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tut.exe)
    Sure make an excuse dumbo, but if they just wanted Libya to be "stable" they wouldve let Gaddafi do what he wanted, execute those rebels as fast as he could instead of escalating this to an international affair where the fighting could last for a year or more. facepalm on yourself.
    Please tell me how that is an excuse and your not just spouting ignorant liberal rhetoric. :facepalm:
    Also is it absurd to think they are doing it to protect civilians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Where is your proof? Libyan state TV? :rofl:
    Go be naive somewhere else.
    Go support something that will lead to the UK being targeted in retaliation somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Please tell me how that is an excuse and your not just spouting ignorant liberal rhetoric. :facepalm:
    Also is it absurd to think they are doing it to protect civilians?
    how is my comment ignorant? Present an argument to my statement then tell me ignorant if I cant argue with it. If I was liberal, I wouldve been against this intervention as it could classify as against human rights.

Tell me first, what did the british gain in fighting in the Korean war? Oil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenocide)
    It would be illegal.
    It would make us no better than him.

Simples.
    I know but it still seems mad to me. It is illegal to kill one man yet legal to kill as many is needed to get him to stand down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    I know but it still seems mad to me. It is illegal to kill one man yet legal to kill as many is needed to get him to stand down.
    Welcome to the way the world works, I guess.

If the rebels could get to him I'm sure the anti-Gadhafi coalition would be more than happy to let them kill him.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, 5 points to Gryffindor for realising we like oil!

You're quite right, we'll support whoever is willing to give us that oil. It's 'you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours', as it always has been in politics. But that doesn't make it a colonial war.
    Yes it does, it's neo-colonialism. The aim is to make Libya part of the US's economic empire.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to get very ugly for Britain. People can say the Arab League should have read the paperwork before signing it, but when it comes to public support these guys are absolutely critical or it turns into yet another imperialist invasion for the Middle East. The US is going to do all it can to stop this public fiasco, even if(very unlikely) it means pulling out of the assault and leaving the UK and France stranded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f00ddude)
    i agree with the no fly zone, i do not agree with how the coalition countries are abusing it!

i dont see why they couldnt send in the SAS to assasinate him... oh right they already tried that
    How are we "abusing" the no-fly zone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Gaddafi needs to go now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    Yes it does, it's neo-colonialism. The aim is to make Libya part of the US's economic empire.
    It could fit the bill of neo-colonialism I suppose but I think that if we do try to get our leader of choice in the hotseat in Libya it's just going to backfire anyway because the Arabs have realised their capability to retaliate and stand up for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    lol.

Of course I want Gadaffi out and the Libyan people to have far better lives. I do not believe that is why we are doing what we are, however. And motives like that can lead to more questionable methods.
    What do you believe our motive is then?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the way the world works, I guess.

If the rebels could get to him I'm sure the anti-Gadhafi coalition would be more than happy to let them kill him.
    Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    i hate it when people compare this to iraq. it's completely different. the iraq invasion was not only a war but was illegal. this is not a war, just a no-fly zone that has been imposed with the backing of the ARAB union (it's clear it's not another west invasion of an arab country) and it's legal.
    EVERYONE wants gaddafi gone cause he's a ****ing psychopath who's willing to massacre his people till the 'last man, last bullet' he said there would be no mercy. the people of libya hate him, the world hates him, i'm surprised he hasn't commited suicide like Hitler.

oh and i'm for the no-fly zone, if the UN did impose it i think Gaddafi may have won and then killed the entire east of the country for rebelling.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    The UK government are terrorists. Simple as.
    May I ask how:rolleyes:

So its wrong to intervene to stop a man using tanks to shell his own people and planes to bomb his own people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoaaK)
    i hate it when people compare this to iraq. it's completely different. the iraq invasion was not only a war but was illegal. this is not a war, just a no-fly zone that has been imposed with the backing of the ARAB union (it's clear it's not another west invasion of an arab country) and it's legal.
    EVERYONE wants gaddafi gone cause he's a ****ing psychopath who's willing to massacre his people till the 'last man, last bullet' he said there would be no mercy. the people of libya hate him, the world hates him, i'm surprised he hasn't commited suicide like Hitler.

oh and i'm for the no-fly zone, if the UN did impose it i think Gaddafi may have won and then killed the entire east of the country for rebelling.
    So if we only attack them from the air and launch missiles from sea it's not war? What sort of screwed up double speak is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

So its wrong to intervene to stop a man using tanks to shell his own people and planes to bomb his own people.
    From whom did Gaddafi purchase said weapons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

Going in guns blazing into matters that don't concern us at all, using terror to get what it wants. (Read: Oil, and glory for CamOron.)

And yes, it is wrong since there will be inevitable retaliation attacks on us and our citizens.

ReputationRep:
    This is western imperialism at its best. Our soldiers are not heroes because there is nothing heroic about war. Its disastrous, kills and starves many people. Yet the people that send these soldiers to war hide in bunkers and behind a black door in 10 downing street.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.