Yes
    68.68%
    No
    30.84%
    Unsure
    0.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    That is an epic fail of an epic fail picture.
    Have to agree.....one thing is sure....,there are many goebbels and they are on both the sides

ReputationRep:
    This military action = Obama/Cameron/Sarkozy trying to get back in the good books of the voters in their respective countries.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    This military action = Obama/Cameron/Sarkozy trying to get back in the good books of the voters in their respective countries.

/thread
    Prize for post 123! Bravo.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you get your info from?
    From sources as neutral as possible and as close to the conflict as possible. At the moment Libyan health officials have said the death toll from UN air strikes stands at 63.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Well by your own logic you can't know that they aren't the majority of the people. BTW, are you dumb? Because British forces pulled out of Iraq ages ago.... Also we aren't going to send ground troops to any of these countries, the UN didn't clear that and there is no political support for it.

China, Russia and Germany didn't take part, so what? They don't have to intervene if they don't want to, they may feel like they are undermining the credibility of the revolution, which is a perfectly valid excuse.
    Ha I meant Afghanistan, calm down. People on here get so excited.
    My point is still that they do not represent the Libyan people; everybody has seen some of the protesters supporting Gaddafi. Just because they have the Arab League's backing, which again does not represent Libyans, doesn't mean they have the right to start bombing the country and consequently killing some of the innocent civilians they went in to protect.
    I doubt that none of the countries involved will send in ground troops, it will happen eventually.

ReputationRep:

/thread
    They would do better ........starting with their economies

ReputationRep:
    Prize for post 123! Bravo.
    You are getting better at trolling with each page that goes by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGuillotine)
    Do you not see it as completely foolish to be supporting these 'rebels' when we have absolutely no idea who the hell they are, or what they represent?
    They are people asking to be able to choose their own leader through democracy after being ruled by a slightly crazy man for the last 42 years. I think that's worthy of my support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisred)
    They would do better ........starting with their economies
    Yea, but they know what they are doing when it comes to sanctioning a middle-eastern country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Ha I meant Afghanistan, calm down. People on here get so excited.
    My point is still that they do not represent the Libyan people; everybody has seen some of the protesters supporting Gaddafi. Just because they have the Arab League's backing, which again does not represent Libyans, doesn't mean they have the right to start bombing the country and consequently killing some of the innocent civilians they went in to protect.
    I doubt that none of the countries involved will send in ground troops, it will happen eventually.
    No one point of view ever represents what an entire nation of people think. The rebels represent THE MAJORITY of the populations views. The UN has expressly forbidden ground troops from being deployed, so it's not gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    They are people asking to be able to choose their own leader through democracy after being ruled by a slightly crazy man for the last 42 years. I think that's worthy of my support.
    am not very sure about that.......they are more ant gaddafi than pro democracy to be honest......somehow am not comfortable with the channels using pro democracy (that doesnt mean there are no ppl wanting democracy....yes there are).....but considering the ppl.....the culture and the ground realities.......the common binding factor has more been anti something....rather than a lucid pro something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    From sources as neutral as possible and as close to the conflict as possible. At the moment Libyan health officials have said the death toll from UN air strikes stands at 63.
    Links please.

ReputationRep:
    am not very sure about that.......they are more ant gaddafi than pro democracy to be honest......somehow am not comfortable with the channels using pro democracy (that doesnt mean there are no ppl wanting democracy....yes there are).....but considering the ppl.....the culture and the ground realities.......the common binding factor has more been anti something....rather than a lucid pro something
    Stop with the feckin ...s already.

ReputationRep:
    Links please.
    linkkkzzz pl0xxxxx!!!!!111oneoen!!

it on internet, it must be tr00

ReputationRep:
    No one point of view ever represents what an entire nation of people think. The rebels represent THE MAJORITY of the populations views. The UN has expressly forbidden ground troops from being deployed, so it's not gonna happen.
    Ha! Didn't the UN try and stop the UK and USA from going into war with Iraq?
    Look what happened there.
    The UN isn't exactly the most trustworthy organisation anyway, plenty of dodgy things they've done in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilkyC)
    You are an idiot. You think the West gives a s.hit about innocent lives. What about Yemen and Bahrain, innocent people are being killed there? Why aren't the West interfering? They're just doing it for their selfish needs you cretin. Learn to think for yourself instead of recycling the crap you hear.
    Oh wow your ad hominems give so much substance to your view :rolleyes:
    They could be doing it for the good of mankind of for the mystical space jelly, either way they will save civilian lives. How is this a bad thing? Clearly you haven't thought about this for more then a second and instead knee jerked at the words "military", "war" and "oil".

ReputationRep:
    im not too sure if gaddafi is really corrupt or not, but his attacks on his own people despise me big time. he should be stepping down, whats more that he want after 42 years of ruling?

ReputationRep:
    Links please.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12776418

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13789016.htm

http://af.reuters.com/article/commod...72J0BS20110320

ReputationRep:
    Well as far as I'm concerned Anti-Gaddafi is a good point of view. Just out of interest, what's with all the "..." in your post?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, but they know what they are doing when it comes to sanctioning a middle-eastern country.
    mayb yes......but even to impose sanctions u need money.......and they can ill afford to ignore their depleting coffers.....or mayb its precisely the reason why they are there........i can only hope its for a humanitarian cause rather than economic.....but then past history has told us otherwise

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.