Turn on thread page Beta

How to turn down a drink watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm 18 in a few weeks time and me and a friend (who's also 18) are renting out a place to hold a birthday bash.
    Many have thanked me for inviting them and said they'll buy me a drink. Whilst some came across in a humorous sense, some seemed serious about this.
    I'm going to get to the point and say I'm an embarassing light weight, but I want to be able to get through the night and act as a proper co-host.
    Now I'm terrible with these sorts of things so, how exactly do you turn down someone who offers you a drink?

ReputationRep:
    They don't all have to be alcoholic drinks!

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember much of my 18th, it's the only way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksmyhero)
    Okay, so I'm 18 in a few weeks time and me and a friend (who's also 18) are renting out a place to hold a birthday bash.
    Many have thanked me for inviting them and said they'll buy me a drink. Whilst some came across in a humorous sense, some seemed serious about this.
    I'm going to get to the point and say I'm an embarassing light weight, but I want to be able to get through the night and act as a proper co-host.
    Now I'm terrible with these sorts of things so, how exactly do you turn down someone who offers you a drink?
    "Sorry mate, I'm on pills, heh".

Simples.

Though I can't see why you aren't just honest and that you're not in the mood for drinking that night.

You wouldn't be the first lightweight either.

ReputationRep:
    Either say, "Ah no thanks, had enough already tonight! But thanks." Or something similar in a jokey way. If you really can't say no, then just take the drink, and hold onto it, and nurse it and if someone asks say "No thanks, just got this one."

ReputationRep:
    Just hold onto to the first drink for as long as possible. I refuse to believe that anyone is such a lightweight that they can drink one pint every hour for however long they're out for and still be off their tits.
    Such a slow intake of alcohol into your body can't get you drunk... surely?

ReputationRep:
    Just ask for a soft drink.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.