Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help! Entry Requirement Issues! How updated is unistats? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved offers from Royal Hollway for ABB, Goldsmoths for BBB and Oxford Brookes BCC. I will definetly put Oxford Brookes as my insurence but can not decide on my firm. I have visited Royal Holloway and loved it but I have yet to see Goldsmiths and I will not be able to visit at all.

My predicted grades are a minimum of 3 C's and looking at unistats, it seems like some got in with these grade even though the requirements are high, should i trust unistats and take my chance with Royal Holloway? Also can anyone tell me how the computer science course at Goldsmiths is like? =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm serious! I wanna know if unistats is updated! I'm shocked I even got an offer!! I'm just wondering if i should just take the chance or not!

You're predicted CCC and you're wondering if you should take 'a chance' and put either of those universities as your firm?

No.

ReputationRep:
    I've rang up Oxford Brookes and they said that i'll definetly have a place with 3 C's but i do not want to put that as my first choice since its the lowest, should i just put Goldsmiths as my firm and just forget about Royal Holloway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisad93)
    I'll definetly will be getting the C's since i'm already on it now!
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying sports studies, graphics and maths before anyone asks why i've applied for computer science in uni, it is because at the time i did not know what to do when i was applying to 6th Form and currently teaching myself programming and i was really interested in computing and wanted to learn more about it

ReputationRep:
    How confident are you of getting the requirements for Royal holloway? If you KNOW you wont get that then dont put them as your firm in the hope they'll still accept you, as if they dont you'll end up going to your insurance, be the last in line for accomodation (if you get any at all) which could affect your whole university experience and make it very stressful.

If you think you will manage Oxford Brookes requirements you should firm them and just not have an insurance. however if you think you'll get BBB firm Goldsmiths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    How confident are you of getting the requirements for Royal holloway? If you KNOW you wont get that then dont put them as your firm in the hope they'll still accept you, as if they dont you'll end up going to your insurance, be the last in line for accomodation (if you get any at all) which could affect your whole university experience and make it very stressful.

If you think you will manage Oxford Brookes requirements you should firm them and just not have an insurance. however if you think you'll get BBB firm Goldsmiths.

I don't mind not getting an accomodation as i don't live that far from Oxford Brookes thats why i'll have it as my insurence and i will be getting the grades as well, plus if i have to go from home, i will be getting a car, thats the conditions i laid out to my parents as they so do not want me to stay away from home!

Its just looking at unistats i do not want to lose the opportunity in getting in as some got in with lower grades then the entry requirements. At the moment i am going to take my time in deciding out of the two, Royal Holloway and Goldsmiths, gonna read more into the courses and see which i would prefer, also i'm trying to find out how Goldsmiths is like but i can't seem to get anything!

Thanks for the advise though, i think i'll wait near the end of the deadline and see how my grades are like near than and i might just do what you've said.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind not getting an accomodation as i don't live that far from Oxford Brookes thats why i'll have it as my insurence and i will be getting the grades as well, plus if i have to go from home, i will be getting a car, thats the conditions i laid out to my parents as they so do not want me to stay away from home!

Its just looking at unistats i do not want to lose the opportunity in getting in as some got in with lower grades then the entry requirements. At the moment i am going to take my time in deciding out of the two, Royal Holloway and Goldsmiths, gonna read more into the courses and see which i would prefer, also i'm trying to find out how Goldsmiths is like but i can't seem to get anything!

Thanks for the advise though, i think i'll wait near the end of the deadline and see how my grades are like near than and i might just do what you've said.
    Thats good you dont have accommodation to worry about in that case I completely agree as its just a case of which you prefer and where you think you'd be happier if you got the grades. Personally i thought RHUL was beautiful :love: just remember that this year is the most competitive year due to the fees increasing so its unlikely that they will let people in who miss the grades x

ReputationRep:
    Thats good you dont have accommodation to worry about in that case I completely agree as its just a case of which you prefer and where you think you'd be happier if you got the grades. Personally i thought RHUL was beautiful :love: just remember that this year is the most competitive year due to the fees increasing so its unlikely that they will let people in who miss the grades x
    Yeah i visited RHUL and loved it! I like fact the that everything is close and its not a HUGE campus that you would get lost in! lol, me and my dad almost got lost on applicants day so i think i a big uni is not my cup of tea . About the fees going up is also another issue

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i visited RHUL and loved it! I like fact the that everything is close and its not a HUGE campus that you would get lost in! lol, me and my dad almost got lost on applicants day so i think i a big uni is not my cup of tea . About the fees going up is also another issue
    Personally I couldnt cope going to university in London (not sure where Goldsmiths is in London but its pretty central isnt it?) id much rather be somewhere smaller. Fortunately ive firmed Bristol which seems like quite a managable city

ReputationRep:
    Personally I couldnt cope going to university in London (not sure where Goldsmiths is in London but its pretty central isnt it?) id much rather be somewhere smaller. Fortunately ive firmed Bristol which seems like quite a managable city
    Ah my brother's going there! Goldsmiths near Greewich if you know where that is? about 20mins away from the central of London, on a bus. But i like the busy lifestyle! If i had the choice i would want to live in the central of London and i really like the London tubes as well!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.