Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon2010)
    What about grad entrants?
    For some grad entry courses you dont need any alevels just a degree.
    Very true I guess. But wouldn't you say that the sheer competitiveness of graduate entry means that most successful applicants have near perfect grades? (Although we're probably arguing a moot point here since more knowledgable people have already said that A level grades don't matter post graduation)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wabbajack123)
    Very true I guess. But wouldn't you say that the sheer competitiveness of graduate entry means that most successful applicants have near perfect grades? (Although we're probably arguing a moot point here since more knowledgable people have already said that A level grades don't matter post graduation)
    No. I personally know 3 people.
    One had no alevels
    One had BBB at alevel
    and the last had CCDD at alevel
    All grad entry medic in different years.
    No perfect grades there. They all had a lot of experience though.

Some grad entry schools dont look at any GCSEs or Alevels (eg warwick, newcastle, nottingham, peninsular). They accept based on experience, degree class, entrance exam score and interview only.

But as you said in bold the alevels dont matter anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon2010)
    No. I personally know 3 people.
    One had no alevels
    One had BBB at alevel
    and the last had CCDD at alevel
    All grad entry medic in different years.
    No perfect grades there. They all had a lot of experience though.

Some grad entry schools dont look at any GCSEs or Alevels (eg warwick, newcastle, nottingham, peninsular). They accept based on experience, degree class, entrance exam score and interview only.

But as you said in bold the alevels dont matter anyway.

Wow! Congrats to them. Just shows that A levels don't decide how good a doctor you can be. I can rest easy knowing that if I fail Classics it really doesn't matter haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wabbajack123)
    Wow! Congrats to them. Just shows that A levels don't decide how good a doctor you can be. I can rest easy knowing that if I fail Classics it really doesn't matter haha
    I'm another BBBb graduate applicant, and got 3 out of 4 interviews. However, I got a 1st for my degree, so I kind of feel like that balances out the poor A-levels at unis like Liverpool where A-levels do matter for GEP. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRoar)
    I'm another BBBb graduate applicant, and got 3 out of 4 interviews. However, I got a 1st for my degree, so I kind of feel like that balances out the poor A-levels at unis like Liverpool where A-levels do matter for GEP. :dontknow:
    Awesome! You never know, I might be seeing you around Birmingham next year

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.