Turn on thread page Beta

Help, need a problem solved ASAP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want to go to NZ for the summer.

I got my visa (£180) I was stupid and never made sure I went through the gov. site)

I've got an interview in April/May for a job on the ski hills. Thing is, I don't want to go out there in April/May to be told my interview wasn't successful.

At the same time, if I don't go out this summer I will end up wasting a once in a life time opportunity. (I can't apply for another WHV after this one).

Flights are £850+ atm, which is why I'm worried about not getting the job. I'm going to uni in september which is why I can't go suring the year.

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Take the risk. Maybe call them up, ask if any special arrangements can be made, but, failing that, you did say it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'd say it's worth the risk. If you get it you could maybe do some fundraising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Take the risk. Maybe call them up, ask if any special arrangements can be made, but, failing that, you did say it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'd say it's worth the risk. If you get it you could maybe do some fundraising?
    No, its a working holiday, usually fundraising is volunteering only.

I was in africa this winter volunteering and did quite a bit of fundraising as well...don't want to come across as if the people of my town are paying for failure to get in to uni 1st 2nd time around.lol

but yeah, maybe I could get a skype interview

ReputationRep:
    I would go, you might not get the job, but you could spend some time in New Zealand anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I would go, you might not get the job, but you could spend some time in New Zealand anyway.
    its just the finance that would be a problem, I don't have enough to be able to travel around with no job. Otherwise I'd propably be there already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Agreed, I can't see why a phone interview would be out of the question and this is an amazing opportunity. Depending on whether it fits in with your university course, you could ask if there would be any funding available? State it as work experience

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.