Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Would Happen If Somebody Completely Destroyed Oxbridge? watch

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine was extremely (and I mean extremely) disappointed that he was rejected from Cambridge and he made a really ridiculous and outrageous comment, something along the lines of "If I don't get to be Prime Minister, nobody will!" - He wanted to do PPS and had very (very!) high hopes for the future - but the comment was quite OTT.

So, it got me thinking - what would occur if the entire campuses of Oxford and Cambridge were destroyed - say in a freak terrorist attack or something?? Would we then get a Prime Minister from a different stock? (Having said that, Gordon Brown did go to Edinburgh.) What would happen to all of the future Justices, top barristers etc?? - would they all now have to come from different unis other than Oxbridge? Many things would be highly different?? How different would the Britain/the world be??
    Poll
    Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.