Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Basically my hair's like that. I had previously backcombed my hair to get the glam rock thing I was supposed to be dressed up for (hence facepaint, that's not just my general makeup look) so my hair's slightly fuzzy but you get the idea.

Basically I want something new to do with my hair. I'm slightly bored. I like it long, and I also like it wavy (I don't have much choice to be honest, it doesn't hold well with straightening) so I'm thinking of just something slightly different with the style and the colouring. Not sure about a huge colour change or an all-over colour but SOMETHING... dark bits/ highlights? Also, not sure what to do in terms of fringe.

Anyway, not sure what to do. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    sweeping fringe and maybe a mahogany colour, i know you said no all over colour but my friend did it the other day and it's not heavily evident unless in the sun so shouldn't be an issue if your school/college/employer doesn't like drastic hair colours????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmi_lou)
    sweeping fringe and maybe a mahogany colour, i know you said no all over colour but my friend did it the other day and it's not heavily evident unless in the sun so shouldn't be an issue if your school/college/employer doesn't like drastic hair colours????
    Nah the only thing I can't really do when I get to a certain year is have really extreme haircolours cos I'll be visiting patients and whatnot.

Only reason I said not much colour is cos I don't often end up colouring my hair but I suppose I could try a wash out dye to see if I like it first

ReputationRep:
    Wear your hair to the side and pin lots of flowers in there, it'll look pretty. I also recommend a subtle warm colour in your hair, it'll also make your hair glossier.

ReputationRep:
    semi-permanent is definitely a good way to test a hair colour.......

Mohawk.

ReputationRep:
    if your hair doesn't straighten well i'm not sure a fringe is the best idea. i have hair similar to yours and a fringe just goes all over the place. although styled well i do think a sweeping fringe would look lovely with your hair

ReputationRep:
    i like your hair colour in this photograph. :3

ps: i hope the backcombing was a one-off occasion! =D..... backcombing is baaad for the hairs ;_;

ReputationRep:
    Bald.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    Mohawk.
    I think it would suit me.

(Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i like your hair colour in this photograph. :3

ps: i hope the backcombing was a one-off occasion! =D..... backcombing is baaad for the hairs ;_;
    Well put it this way, neither the facepaint, the corset or the backcombing are regulars in the way I look/dress. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE your hair!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.