The Student Room Group

Can't get my ex-teachers out of my head!

Please keep anon.

When I was at school, there was two particular male teachers I had feelings for, it wasn't like a typical school girl crush - they wern't exactly young and good looking, but nethertheless in a weird king of way I did fancy them, but it was always more than that...we were in quite a small school, so teachers and students were quite familiar and knew each other very well. I loved thier personalities and got on really well with them (most of the time - sometimes seemed like a love/hate relationship with one of them). I also thought they were excellent at their job.

I think I must have a thing for an authoritatian figure as I kind of like one of my lecturers, but not in the same way as my ex teachers. Anyway, my problem is that I'm now aged 20 at uni and haven't seen these particular male teachers in two years since I left sixth form, however, I still can't get them out of my head and its been two years! I have a boyfriend who I have been with for two and a half years who I love to pieces, yet at the same time I can't get my ex teachers out of my head, still after all this time!

Has anyone else had a similar experiences? I know loads of people get infatuated by their teachers, but surely I still shouldn't be having these feelings this far on?
Reply 1
it is not weird to admire a person. the problem occurs when you have sexual feelings thinking of them. there are always people you will never forget because they have left traces on your heart or your soul. but this is a good point if they are good person and you connect good memories to them.
Original post by Cynthi007

Original post by Cynthi007
it is not weird to admire a person. the problem occurs when you have sexual feelings thinking of them. there are always people you will never forget because they have left traces on your heart or your soul. but this is a good point if they are good person and you connect good memories to them.

Hmm, never thought of it like that... :smile:

OP: I've always assumed that infatuations such as yours goes away. (Thanks for unfortunately proving me wrong).

Imo, well, you just got to get over it really. I mean, what can you do? :dontknow:
I'm still moping over the loss of two uni tutors, nine months on. Slightly different situation though since we went through a lot together and they did drag me kicking and screaming to Finals and haul me over the finish line. I guess that makes for quite close relationships which might be hard to lose :dontknow:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm still moping over the loss of two uni tutors, nine months on. Slightly different situation though since we went through a lot together and they did drag me kicking and screaming to Finals and haul me over the finish line. I guess that makes for quite close relationships which might be hard to lose :dontknow:

Aww, the pastoral system there sounds really supporting. I presume at other universities, it wouldn't really be the same...
Reply 5
Original post by im so academic
Hmm, never thought of it like that... :smile:

OP: I've always assumed that infatuations such as yours goes away. (Thanks for unfortunately proving me wrong).

Imo, well, you just got to get over it really. I mean, what can you do? :dontknow:

thank you. :smile:

what to do? letting them know that they are amazing persons. why not? nothing wrong with it. maybe it is possible to get a kind of friendship or meetings on a regular basis. One of my teachers is still one of my friends. After more than 8 years now. It is good for the teachers to give them a positive feedback, like what you have learnt from them and tell them abou your future plans. they would be proud and happy. teaching is so much more than education.

and leaving traces makes people so special and different from others.
Original post by im so academic
Aww, the pastoral system there sounds really supporting. I presume at other universities, it wouldn't really be the same...

It can vary. I saw the pastoral system at its very worst and its very best (these two tutors). I think you'd be hard-pressed to find systems at other unis which would allow for the very close and personal care I received. The collegiate system made it all possible really :yes:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending