Turn on thread page Beta

Periods and bits... sorry for tmi. watch

Anon for obvious reasons.

Basically 6 months ago I gave birth. However now that periods are back on track they are sort of puzzling me. They are back on a regular schedule however the first day or so is extremely heavy to the extent that I sometimes have to use 2 pads to prevent leakage and even then thats not always enough. It also feels extremely sore and tender as if someone is trying to pull my bits out and quite a heavy feeling when going to the toilet.
    After the first two days it goes on for about 1-2weeks with a very mucousy watery bloody discharge. which gets quite frustrating because it will pause for a day or so and start again.

Its quite annoying and was basically wondering if this is how its gonna be from now on or is this my body still being fussy.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that periods are weird for a while after giving birth. You should probably go see your doctor though.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it can take up to a year to get back into a regular cycle, so I wouldn't give up hope yet! Although if it doesn't feel right or you need reassurance, go see a doctor, as Dreaming said!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.