Turn on thread page Beta

I want a boyfriend but have forgotten how to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    I make references to Mean Girls as frequently as possible.
    It is an amazing movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    It is an amazing movie
    Then refrain from questioning my sexuality please.

ReputationRep:
    Then refrain from questioning my sexuality please.
    Your sexuality is your own business, I'm just saying I don't know many straight guys who would admit to enjoying that movie for any other reason than the fact that Lindsay Lohan is smokin' in that film.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me you are gay. Otherwise it is just worrying that a boy made a reference to mean girls.
    Oh good, a bit of casual homophobia, lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Your sexuality is your own business, I'm just saying I don't know many straight guys who would admit to enjoying that movie for any other reason than the fact that Lindsay Lohan is smokin' in that film.
    Boo you whore.

ReputationRep:
    ...and then you end up in bed with them and you never hear from them again.

Been there, done that.
    Serious answer?

Firstly, work on your weight, judging by your username. You probably already are, but I'm covering all my bases here. Not that it's impossible to find a boyfriend without losing weight; it's just more difficult.

Then abide by the following bullet points. This is what I like to call the scattershot method.

1) Go talk to lots of guys. Preferably not in a club or party environment where everyone's trying to get laid.
    2) Assuming you're not socially deficient, after a while you should have collected a bunch of guy friends.
    3) Drop the unattractive/creepy ones.
    4) Start flirting with the rest. Immediately drop the ones that don't reciprocate.
    5) Develop the confidence and self esteem to recognize the guys that are trying to pressure you into sex. Tell them to **** off.
    6) The ones that stick around are guys that are attracted to you, and genuinely like you as a person. Make them fight each other for your love.
    7) ???
    8) Picnics, hand holding, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Oh good, a bit of casual homophobia, lovely.
    What exactly in that comment was homophobic?

ReputationRep:
    Boo you whore.
    Have you ever felt personally victimised by Regina George?

ReputationRep:
    What exactly in that comment was homophobic?

You're right, it was more sexist than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    You're right, it was more sexist than anything.
    Exactly. Sexism I can handle, but I won't stand for being called homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever felt personally victimised by Regina George?
    Haha <3

ReputationRep:
    Wear a shirt that says, I suck **** really really good.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need to learn to love yourself a little more? I mean, obviously I don't know what you look like, but from your stats it doesn't look like you're very overweight, yet you want to lose such a huge amount..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kohta)
    Serious answer?

Firstly, work on your weight, judging by your username. You probably already are, but I'm covering all my bases here. Not that it's impossible to find a boyfriend without losing weight; it's just more difficult.

Then abide by the following bullet points. This is what I like to call the scattershot method.

1) Go talk to lots of guys. Preferably not in a club or party environment where everyone's trying to get laid.
    2) Assuming you're not socially deficient, after a while you should have collected a bunch of guy friends.
    3) Drop the unattractive/creepy ones.
    4) Start flirting with the rest. Immediately drop the ones that don't reciprocate.
    5) Develop the confidence and self esteem to recognize the guys that are trying to pressure you into sex. Tell them to **** off.
    6) The ones that stick around are guys that are attracted to you, and genuinely like you as a person. Make them fight each other for your love.
    7) ???
    8) Picnics, hand holding, etc.
    that sounds so easyy :P not that it is!!
    and omg im almost the same weight as 'ineedtoloseweight' (about 9.5 stone) but im only 5 ft 4 do you think im deluded... and im actually fat?.. do u think i should take my eating habits more seriously and snap out of it? (im a mega nommer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_90)
    Wear a shirt that says, I suck **** really really good.
    This made me LOL. it's not really me though, I'm more a girl who appears to be very quiet and shy then I turn out to be freaky in bed.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Sexism I can handle, but I won't stand for being called homophobic.
    Well, it was homophobic too- stereotyping, constructing homosexual men as in a different category to gay men, with different norms and standards.

And shame on you for complacently being a sexist.

ReputationRep:
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/X-4tIs00NvM/0.jpg
    Bend and snap! Works like a ****ing charm.

ReputationRep:
    This made me LOL. it's not really me though, I'm more a girl who appears to be very quiet and shy then I turn out to be freaky in bed.
    Jokes :P You don't sound like a slutty special! I'm the same in fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassin's_creed)
    BEND & SNAP!
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/X-4tIs00NvM/0.jpg
    Works like a ****ing charm.
    My favourite movie of all time

What's with the guys and their references to chick flicks in this thread though? Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    My favourite movie of all time

What's with the guys and their references to chick flicks in this thread though? Seriously?
    Reese Witherspoon...She'd get it, that's why.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.