Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone... gotten any D* at BTEC Level Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freyjaeve)
    I have D*s in both my BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas (each equal to one A* at A Level)!
    Same!! My subjects are IT and Applied Science. What Universities are you applying to? And are you now doing the further National Diploma? What are you're subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeboss)
    Same!! My subjects are IT and Applied Science. What Universities are you applying to? And are you now doing the further National Diploma? What are you're subjects?
    I do Business Studies and Environmental Sustainability! Alongside my Media A Level!! I'm applying to (in order of preference) Lancaster, Gloucestershire, Sussex, Keele and UWE to do Marketing! What about you? Where have you applied and what do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikaylaa)
    Hi could you explain to me how you managed to get D*? I am currently doing my gcse's and i was wondering what i need to do in order to get D* for my btec subject.. Do i need all distinctions for every piece of work?
    Pretty much. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikaylaa)
    Hi could you explain to me how you managed to get D*? I am currently doing my gcse's and i was wondering what i need to do in order to get D* for my btec subject.. Do i need all distinctions for every piece of work?

Depending on what you want. Because if you are aiming for a triple grade D* which is the D*D*D* then yes. But if you are aiming for a D*D*D or D*DD, then no.

I've got a D*D*D and I have about 11 Distinctions out of 19 subjects. I have one pass and 7 merits. And every subject consists of points. Lets say a distinction consist of 40 points....it will then be added up and if u get all the appropriate points for a Distinction*, u will get it.

ReputationRep:
    Have u done btec business? I need help

ReputationRep:
    I got D*D*D* in my BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in health and social care and now I'm studying Psychology at university!

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of people get D*. Though it doesn't really accurately measure your performance, or knowledge of the course I find. From experience that is.

ReputationRep:
    have you done betc level 3 business unit 36

ReputationRep:
    what happens if you get OK grades in your first year (90 credit diploma) e.g MP .. and then all D's in your 2nd year (Extended Diploma)?

ReputationRep:
    and why do you get 2 grades in the 1ST YEAR and 3 grades in the 2ND YEAR?

Im really confused lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've got D*, D* during my first year of doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. My predicted grades are D*, D*, D* at the end!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.