Turn on thread page Beta

It was meant to be a one night stand, why am I being like this? watch

I met this guy last week in a bar/club, we started talking, got on really well and then I asked him for a dance. While we were dancing I started grinding and ended up kissing on the dance floor.
    Anyway I ended up leaving with him, we went to his place, chilled for a bit, had a few drinks, and then we ended up having sex.
    He was really nice, in the morning he made me break fast and then I left. Now I just can’t stop thinking about him, I want to see him again, but I haven’t got his number.

I really don’t want to be a creep and go to his house lol
    He was just so perfect, my dream guy

Give it a try, go to his place some time saying you wanted to drop by to say hello ? He doesn't sound like a guy who would want to have nothing to do with you after sex. And if he certainly doesn't, then you would know anyway and just forget about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met this guy last week in a bar/club, we started talking, got on really well and then I asked him for a dance. While we were dancing I started grinding and ended up kissing on the dance floor.
    Anyway I ended up leaving with him, we went to his place, chilled for a bit, had a few drinks, and then we ended up having sex.
    He was really nice, in the morning he made me break fast and then I left. Now I just can’t stop thinking about him, I want to see him again, but I haven’t got his number.

I really don’t want to be a creep and go to his house lol
    He was just so perfect, my dream guy
    ....the breakfast he prepared for you was that good, huh? ;D ehe, i kid.

on a more serious note, is it a bar/club you frequent? have you seen him before? do you think he might return there at a later occasion? always a chance he may be there again
    but personally i do not think it is good idea to go back there just to see his face again, UNLESS you...i don't know.... left an item behind at his place,or something? have some sort of cover story there (might help with saving face if it does not lead to success)? :/

ReputationRep:
    How do you know he was your dream guy? You barely know him! You spoke to him for like, 2 hours whilst semi-off your face.

ReputationRep:
    if he made you breakfast, that means he cared enough and that he might be interested, so go see him.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go back to the bar you met, but don't go to your house, I'm sorry but it seems a bit weird.... screams desperate.

ReputationRep:
    So he was your dream guy because he made you sex wee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    ....the breakfast he prepared for you was that good, huh? ;D ehe, i kid.

on a more serious note, is it a bar/club you frequent? have you seen him before? do you think he might return there at a later occasion? always a chance he may be there again
    but personally i do not think it is good idea to go back there just to see his face again, UNLESS you...i don't know.... left an item behind at his place,or something? have some sort of cover story there (might help with saving face if it does not lead to success)? :/
    Dont do a cover story. I hate it when girls knock on my door and make a story up. just be honest why you are there. Say something like "i enjoyed being with you the other night. I dont have your number though, do you want to grab some coffee sometime". Then you can exchange numbers as well. Maybe he is spontaneous and is able to do something with you on the spot but I don't know this guy so I cant say.
    If he doesnt like you that way anyway then a cover story won't "help save your face". But don't worry, you don't lose your face when someone rejects you because no one really cares - especially guys dont.

ReputationRep:
    Er, am I the only one who thinks showing up at his house would be a terrible idea and that he will think she's a stalker?

Be glad you had a good night and move on. He's not your dream guy, you're idolising him, and you hardly know him. If he wanted it to be more than a one night thing he would have got your number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_decider)
    Dont do a cover story. I hate it when girls knock on my door and make a story up. just be honest why you are there. Say something like "i enjoyed being with you the other night. I dont have your number though, do you want to grab some coffee sometime". Then you can exchange numbers as well. Maybe he is spontaneous and is able to do something with you on the spot but I don't know this guy so I cant say.
    If he doesnt like you that way anyway then a cover story won't "help save your face". But don't worry, you don't lose your face when someone rejects you because no one really cares - especially guys dont.
    i guess i stand corrected :'D though while guys dont like it, most girls especially cannot take rejection well (you notice women overthink things all the time) as well as caring more about how they appear to others......

but it is nice to have guy's perspective for confirmation

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should only have 1 night stands when you can separate sex and emotion.

You could contact him, but just remember that he might not want anything else, it was just meant to be a ONS afterall.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. Dream guy? You dont know who the hell he is, you knew him all of one evening. He's a stranger.

Honestly it's not worth thinking about this guy. You're probably just putting him on a pedestal because you slept with him. Similar thing happened to me once and it ended embarrassingly, I just seemed really desperate after I chased him thinking we had some sort of 'connection' after just one night! If he had really liked you he would have got your number, if you see him again by accident fair enough but just remember that we're programmed to "like" people more after we've slept with them....same doesn't apply to guys though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i guess i stand corrected :'D though while guys dont like it, most girls especially cannot take rejection well (you notice women overthink things all the time) as well as caring more about how they appear to others......

but it is nice to have guy's perspective for confirmation
    Of course I cant speak for all the guys but its my view on this issue.
    I see your point, in particular the one with regard to rejections and I understand it as well.
    But it is extremely wierd when a girl I've met/slept with once, suddenly shows up at my place and makes up a story. Because then I am just thinking, what's going on here ?

For instance, when I like the girl and she shows up and tells me how it is then I am thinking and saying 'great, lets do this'. But when she comes around and makes up a story I am confused and get distant (ie might act inconsiderate etc) plus I have met only few girls who are good at making up stories when they are under pressure (of course, this can be quite cute as well).
    On the other hand, if I dont like the girl in that way and she makes up a story I really don't care and am just annoyed by her visit. However, if she is honest then at least I know whats up and I dont reject her like an idiot. Maybe I start thinking 'wait, this girl is actually pretty cool turning up here like that being all confident etc'

Again, my view. I dont have anything against unannounced housevisits. Other guys might dislike that. But knowing my guy-friend-circle, they are very relaxed in that regard. Most of the girls I know don't like it when I do surprise visits

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.