Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help deciding between Sussex or Lancaster for Geography...

Lancaster's offer is ABB (including General Studies) and Sussex's offer is AAB/A*BB (including General Studies as well for some reason). I already sat my A2 General this year and overall now have an A* in it, so now I only have to get 2 B's overall for either.

I haven't visited either because I just haven't had the chance and am not going to before decision time, so any help would be great!

I like the look of Lancaster, but i'm just a bit worried about the social life because of it's location. I think Sussex could be good too because it's by the beach and I know their geography department is quite good, but I don't know anything about the campus really.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex, better reputation and Brighton is much nicer than Lancaster.

Sussex, there is nothing better finishing you summer exams and heading down the beach with your friends for drinks....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybergrad)
    Sussex, there is nothing better finishing you summer exams and heading down the beach with your friends for drinks....
    can you tell me a bit about the university in general? what's the social life like etc?

Oh it has been a few years since I've graduated from there, but I remember the "pubs" they had on campus and on sunny days everybody was relaxing on the grass and little hills around the campus and it was very difficult to drag yourself into the lecture theatre. There were frequent bus services into town and some very late buses that would bring back students from the Brighton clubs. Great times, a lot of tourists in the summer and the beach was buzzing.

The teaching quality was excellent, I met people from different departments and everybody was happy with their course and had no problems finding graduate jobs.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.