Turn on thread page Beta

My teeth are rooting away at 13, but I can't bare the dentist!! watch

Hi, so I guess I have always known there is big problems with my teeth, but I haven't seen a dentist in 8 years!! 4 of my adult teeth have fallen out already. I went to this health day thing today at my youth club kind of thing and I saw one of the dentist guys there and he was so shocked by my teeth. He said I need 10 teeth pulled out, 4 root canals, 6 cavities and 5 crowns and I have perodontic gum disease. He phoned up my mum and told her about all this and I have got
    An appointment in a week to start getting it fixed but I hate hate hate the dentist and I have a giant fear of them so any tips on how to overcome my nerves? Or just any comments on the whole story......

ReputationRep:
    13 year olds are now joining TSR? That is a bigger problem.

ReputationRep:
    hey at least you will be the story that the dentists tell the kids whenever they go into your local schools from now on.

children, brush your teeth or you will end up like this:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one to advise on this, but I would go if I were you. It's for the best. My family has a history of horrible teeth, mine are crooked, but I've never been to the dentist. So never had the chance to get it fixed.
    However, If i could go back and tell my parents to take me, I would. but now, I have an irrational fear, and am stil trying to work up the courage to go and get it fixed.
    Go now while your young enough to get it sorted. One of my relatives has had false teeth since they were 20 due to Gum disease. So yeah, GO
    (I can't actually tell you what to do, but you can get anaesthetic that will make it better) and take your mum, I know cliche but she will hold your hand! I'd go if my mum was here to hold my hand, they make everything better <3

ReputationRep:
    Rooting and tooting?

ReputationRep:
    If you're drinking coke & sugary stuff every day I cannot say I'm surprised. However if you don't, then I can only say I don't think anyone likes going to the dentist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n65uk)
    However if you don't, then I can only say I don't think anyone likes going to the dentist!
    what?!
    i love seeing my dentist! :'D not only do my teeth sparkle at the end of the visit, i get on great with my dentist - we even play tennis together sometimes ^^ hehe. :]

mind you, its not PERFECT relationship........ i dislike having to pay the money at the end of the visit ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    what?!
    i love seeing my dentist! :'D not only do my teeth sparkle at the end of the visit, i get on great with my dentist - we even play tennis together sometimes ^^ hehe. :]

mind you, its not PERFECT relationship........ i dislike having to pay the money at the end of the visit ;D
    Great, but you're the first person I've ever come across that does get on well (to such a degree) with their dentist!

At least it makes the visits a little better I guess!

ReputationRep:
    man up or end up like this...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...1213995177.jpg

Spoiler:
    Show
    the beard is optional

ReputationRep:
    Just go and get it over with quickly.I went from having a few bad teeth (through a mix of excessive cola intake and chipping through fights) to having to have 12 removed (as they became infected) because of my fear of the dentist.Had I went earlier it probably only would have been 4 or so.You'll be saving yourself future tooth removal and pain man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n65uk)
    Great, but you're the first person I've ever come across that does get on well (to such a degree) with their dentist!

At least it makes the visits a little better I guess!
    i'm the first ever?

....damn and blast! why i always put myself in situations where i am a freak/weirdo or outcast?! ;D hehe ;D

and of course i get on with her! they know about my mouth very intimately i like to think that this is a strong enough reason to have bond with them ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabblez)
    I'd go if my mum was here to hold my hand, they make everything better
    Your mother didn't take you to the dentist. Ever. I think it's safe to say that it's time to take responsibility for your own teeth instead of relying on her.

Go to the dentist and let them know you have a phobia. Never mind crooked, you might have a whole host of problems that you don't know about. Dentist isn't nice? No, but it's better than dentures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Your mother didn't take you to the dentist. Ever. I think it's safe to say that it's time to take responsibility for your own teeth instead of relying on her.

Go to the dentist and let them know you have a phobia. Never mind crooked, you might have a whole host of problems that you don't know about. Dentist isn't nice? No, but it's better than dentures.

Haha I will go, when I get into a dentist, proper nightmare at the mo! But nahh I was joking, but still got a phobia. But main problem is I live canny far out of the town, so it's finding somewhere that isn't packed for me. And I do just have crooked teeth, I check them regularly and there isn't any other (visible) problem. But once I get in, guess I'll know for sure (Can't afford to go private, hence the wait )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, so I guess I have always known there is big problems with my teeth, but I haven't seen a dentist in 8 years!! 4 of my adult teeth have fallen out already. I went to this health day thing today at my youth club kind of thing and I saw one of the dentist guys there and he was so shocked by my teeth. He said I need 10 teeth pulled out, 4 root canals, 6 cavities and 5 crowns and I have perodontic gum disease. He phoned up my mum and told her about all this and I have got
    An appointment in a week to start getting it fixed but I hate hate hate the dentist and I have a giant fear of them so any tips on how to overcome my nerves? Or just any comments on the whole story......
    Man up and get it done, you will be grateful when you are out on the pull older and have a set of teeth that aren't all rotten and messed up!

Some pain now, for a problem fixed is the best option in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    Calling troll at this point. Adults have 28 teeth (excluding wisdom teeth which won't have developed at 13). No way a 13 year old needs that kind of work done, even if they have never been to the dentist before and live purely on fizzy drinks. Its not possible.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's a hell of a lot wrong with your teeth. I'm more or less with Vohamanah on this, surely no 13 year old needs that kind of work done.

I lived on coke and pepsi for about 7 years (not any more though )and my teeth are in tip top condition. I'm 27 years old and there's not a thing wrong with my teeth apart from the fact that I have 1 false one but that's because I got punched in the face. Other than that, no fillings, no cavities, nil zilch nada.

So.....you must have some SERIOUSLY weak teeth if they need all that doing by the age of 13.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a dentist in 8 years!! 4 of my adult teeth have fallen out already.

He said I need 10 teeth pulled out, 4 root canals, 6 cavities and 5 crowns and I have perodontic gum disease. He phoned up my mum and told her about all this....
    :lolwut:
    You got it bad bro...

I don't like visits to the dentist...
    but losing 4 adult teeth sure as hell would make me rush to the dentist!!! :eek:
    What a nightmare!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.