Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    I'm probably the only person who read the title and thought 'suicide thread'.
    I thought so too. Probably because it's one in the morning. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Probably shouldn't be on the road tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    wow! There was me thinking TSR had turned a corner. Then the insults start to roll in...

ReputationRep:
    What were your serious and dangerous faults for? It's important for you to understand whether you're making these faults because of nerves or because your instructor isn't teaching you vital skills, both of which are dealt with very differently. Can you remember what they were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig 1888)
    :unimpressed: People have too many dirty minds these days lol !

Yea that's right, if YOU have tried for 100 times and you still can't succeed and you desperately needs it, so what would you do??? just give up?? yea that's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    I have failed my driving test 3 times now (next test on Monday) and I dont think I can go on with continuous failiure. Im not used to failiure. Its the worst ever feeling, and that moment when they tell you is soul destructing.

The thing is, I have spent so much money on learning to drive, nearly 2 grand, with over 70 lessons I think (£23.50 for an hour). I just dont get why I cant pass.

And I dont seem to be improving-

1st test- 1 D, 2 S and 10 m
    2nd test- 2 S and 7 m
    3rd test- 2 S and 5 m.

Yes there is some improvement, but not enough. I have tried so hard, its just...so unfair :mad:

My next test is on Monday, and If I fail, I am seriously considering the "quit" word, which I never thought I would do.

Any advice?
    Yes, dont give up.

Remember that a serious fault is usually just a minor that has got out of control. If you don't commit the minor, you won't commit the serious. The number of minors you have committed each time has reduced, now down to 5. Therefore your driving has improved. What did you get your 2 serious for last time? Are they out of control minors?

I wish you the very best on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I have failed my driving test 3 times now (next test on Monday) and I dont think I can go on with continuous failiure. Im not used to failiure. Its the worst ever feeling, and that moment when they tell you is soul destructing.

The thing is, I have spent so much money on learning to drive, nearly 2 grand, with over 70 lessons I think (£23.50 for an hour). I just dont get why I cant pass.

And I dont seem to be improving-

1st test- 1 D, 2 S and 10 m
    2nd test- 2 S and 7 m
    3rd test- 2 S and 5 m.

Yes there is some improvement, but not enough. I have tried so hard, its just...so unfair :mad:

My next test is on Monday, and If I fail, I am seriously considering the "quit" word, which I never thought I would do.

Any advice?

dont quit i failed my 3rd one on friday was gutted i was doing amazing until it came to the manoeuvre so thats what i failed on got my 4th soon fingers crossed! and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you think £2000 is expensive on lessons just wait until you see the cost of insurance. good luck and I hope you pass tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan3va)
    its a little unfair to blame the instructor based on one perosn, no offence OP but that is like saying that torres not scoring a goal means that the chelsea striking coach ist Quatsch. or Prince harry who went to Eton and got two a-levels then saying that those teachers are poor

every person is different, and you never know what will happen on a test
    A good instructor wouldn't let him go to test though.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Dan3va)
    its a little unfair to blame the instructor based on one perosn, no offence OP but that is like saying that torres not scoring a goal means that the chelsea striking coach ist Quatsch. or Prince harry who went to Eton and got two a-levels then saying that those teachers are poor

every person is different, and you never know what will happen on a test
    my instructor had 70% + pass first time. so yeah, I reckon the instructor makes a difference.

and no he wasn't the kinda guy who kept you in lessons.

He charged £15/hr (if you bought 10lessons in a go) and it took me 30hrs to pass.

I'm not a very good driver and I don't really like being behind the wheel so I put it down to him

[+ I think my examiner thought nerves made me drive bad..I always drive bad]

ReputationRep:
    I took 8 tests to pass keep going dude just dont think about the money! haha! i finally passed by changing the area as id got myself in an 'im bound to fail rut' keep goinggggggggg

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher failed the test 5 times before she passed on her 6th! Don't give up, it'll be more of a waste if you let all that time and money go to waste as you won't be able to pick it up as easily in the future.

Is it nerves that are getting to you? My instructor said it's perfectly fine and legal if you take one of those pills that relaxes you, he recommended 'bach rescue rememdy.' I went and got a different brand that said on the bottle its perfectly fine to take before exams, periods of stress and driving tests. It takes the edge off.

Maybe it's the times too? Go for a booking where they'll be less traffic. But don't give up.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

On my first test I got a dangerous for pedestrian crossings, and a serious for clearance and observation.

On my 2nd test I got a serious for road markings and reverse around corner.

On my 3rd test I got a serious for speed and observation on reverse around corner.

I just fall to pieces in my test. I mean I even think my instructer is ripping me off. But in a way, I keep failing for different things most of the time, so it cant be my instructer. Oh i dont know!

ReputationRep:
    look, if it makes you feel any better my aunt had to do the test 4 times, she passed the the test in the 4th go, she didnt give up! so you still have hope!!! DONT GIVE UP!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for them words of wisdom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    I took 8 tests to pass keep going dude just dont think about the money! haha! i finally passed by changing the area as id got myself in an 'im bound to fail rut' keep goinggggggggg
    I would probably do that, but you would have to get used to the area etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    If you think £2000 is expensive on lessons just wait until you see the cost of insurance. good luck and I hope you pass tomorrow

Haha yep, dreading insurance. But I dont think that will be for a while with the way im going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    Yes, dont give up.

Remember that a serious fault is usually just a minor that has got out of control. If you don't commit the minor, you won't commit the serious. The number of minors you have committed each time has reduced, now down to 5. Therefore your driving has improved. What did you get your 2 serious for last time? Are they out of control minors?

I wish you the very best on Monday.
    You can see above my what I got on each test. And thanks I think my driving has improved slightly, but not enough!

ReputationRep:
    I would probably do that, but you would have to get used to the area etc...
    i had 4 hours of lessons in the new area and then an hour before the test and passed, AND i even had mild sunstroke 2 days before and couldnt sit on the seat properly cos i was burnt everywhere pretty much! just keep going youll get it

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

On my first test I got a dangerous for pedestrian crossings, and a serious for clearance and observation.

On my 2nd test I got a serious for road markings and reverse around corner.

On my 3rd test I got a serious for speed and observation on reverse around corner.

I just fall to pieces in my test. I mean I even think my instructer is ripping me off. But in a way, I keep failing for different things most of the time, so it cant be my instructer. Oh i dont know!
    You can see above my what I got on each test. And thanks I think my driving has improved slightly, but not enough!
    From a distance, and I appreciate you have asked for encouragement rather than solutions , you appear to have a weakness in respect of reading the road, anticipating and reacting appropriately to what you see. In addition, you evidently have a weakness in your reversing round the corner. As the problems seem to have cropped up in each test, unless your instructor has resolved them, they may well crop up again. So, if your instructor isn't fixing the problem, then you have to change instructors.

I'm not sure you do fall to pieces, unfortunately it just sounds as though you are not quite ready. I appreciate that that is not what you need to hear right now and please bear in mind that it is diagnosis from a distance. Do your best tomorrow and maybe you will pass but if you fail, give thought to changing instructors maybe?

Best Wishes

Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.