Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mum did her driving test like 10 times or something before she passed. Practice makes perfect. The more you fail the more likely you'll be a better driver in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    From a distance, and I appreciate you have asked for encouragement rather than solutions , you appear to have a weakness in respect of reading the road, anticipating and reacting appropriately to what you see. In addition, you evidently have a weakness in your reversing round the corner. As the problems seem to have cropped up in each test, unless your instructor has resolved them, they may well crop up again. So, if your instructor isn't fixing the problem, then you have to change instructors.

I'm not sure you do fall to pieces, unfortunately it just sounds as though you are not quite ready. I appreciate that that is not what you need to hear right now and please bear in mind that it is diagnosis from a distance. Do your best tomorrow and maybe you will pass but if you fail, give thought to changing instructors maybe?

Best Wishes
    I understand your reasoning, but I do think I am a very capable driver and have the ability to pass. Also, It is almost definitely the problem of me falling into pieces during my test, as I don't make such mistakes in my lessons. For example, I had a driving lesson this morning, and dove well throughout, and did a reverse around corner easily. I just hope I pass tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I'll be posting how well I do in the test tomorrow for you guy's...if its good news...haha jk. I dont think I can continue with failiure so tomorrow is my day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    I'm probably the only person who read the title and thought 'suicide thread'.
    this...thought that too :ninja:
    i was all ready to rescue him :lol:

____

OP good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Also, I'll be posting how well I do in the test tomorrow for you guy's...if its good news...haha jk. I dont think I can continue with failiure so tomorrow is my day!!
    Good luck, just take your time and think carefully before you do things. If you do something you think might be misinterpreted by the examiner, explain your reasons. And maybe youll get parallel park or turn in the road as your manoeuvre. What time is your test?

ReputationRep:
    I would never commit suicide :P Im to precious haha Jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeeyena)
    Good luck, just take your time and think carefully before you do things. If you do something you think might be misinterpreted by the examiner, explain your reasons. And maybe youll get parallel park or turn in the road as your manoeuvre. What time is your test?
    My test is at 9.17am. Arghhh so scared. I hope I do get turn in the road thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would never commit suicide :P Im to precious haha Jk
    awwwh yu are though :yep:

im interested....i need to know now what happens tomoz, maybe you could quote me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    awwwh yu are though :yep:

im interested....i need to know now what happens tomoz, maybe you could quote me :lol:
    haha I deffo will

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up - but maybe change instructors?
    I had about 60 hours with my first instructor and was no where near ready for test standard. So I stopped, did my A -levels, got a new instructor in January and passed first time last week!!
    I never thought I'd be able to drive because I'm dyspraxic and stuff, but with the right teacher its ok!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't give up. You can do it mate. Just stay calm and focused and don't do your previous S/D mistakes and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    haha I deffo will
    yaay :five:

also like someone just said
    what about changing ur instructor? :/
    will make a big diff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09042850)
    Seriously, don't give up. You can do it mate. Just stay calm and focused and don't do your previous S/D mistakes and you should be fine.
    Thanks. Ill try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    yaay :five:

also like someone just said
    what about changing ur instructor? :/
    will make a big diff
    LOL If I fail I will deffo consider it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracie312)
    Don't give up - but maybe change instructors?
    I had about 60 hours with my first instructor and was no where near ready for test standard. So I stopped, did my A -levels, got a new instructor in January and passed first time last week!!
    I never thought I'd be able to drive because I'm dyspraxic and stuff, but with the right teacher its ok!
    I had a similar experience. About 30 hours with my old instructor and was nowhere near test standard. Changed instructors, booked test, (due to 8 week waiting list), 10 hours with new instructor and I was test ready within a few weeks. Passed first time on Thursday. Alot of people are scared of changing instructors when theyre nearly ready for their tests but it's one of the best things I've ever done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzly)
    hahaha
    Haha. How wierd is that, I was just looking at that and laughed to myself, but then looked at my quotes and seen you had quoted me laughing. Wierd eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    From a distance, and I appreciate you have asked for encouragement rather than solutions , you appear to have a weakness in respect of reading the road, anticipating and reacting appropriately to what you see. In addition, you evidently have a weakness in your reversing round the corner. As the problems seem to have cropped up in each test, unless your instructor has resolved them, they may well crop up again. So, if your instructor isn't fixing the problem, then you have to change instructors.

I'm not sure you do fall to pieces, unfortunately it just sounds as though you are not quite ready. I appreciate that that is not what you need to hear right now and please bear in mind that it is diagnosis from a distance. Do your best tomorrow and maybe you will pass but if you fail, give thought to changing instructors maybe?

Best Wishes
    I normally agree with your posts and I respect you as an instructor, but I think you may have misjudged this one..

ReputationRep:
    My test is at 9.17am. Arghhh so scared. I hope I do get turn in the road thanks

I failed my test twice, the first time I was within sight of the test centre .I stalled the car and panicked...my examiner had to put the car in to gear for me, cos I'd forgotten to.Second time I was doing quite well ( well I thought so) until I was asked to reverse around a corner, which is my least favourite thing.Apparently I went in to tight and reversed up on to the edge of the pavement.I didnt feel it because it was a dropped corner.I was gutted to be told I'd failed again.I must have spent around 2k or so and had over 100 lessons.........and still didnt pass!!.I gave up after the second failure, that was over 7 years ago and I've never been back to it purely because I think I'll fail again next time.Not to mention wasting even more money on it....and then forking out for insurance.

Good Luck for tomorrow.Please let us know how you get on.

EDIT: I had 2 different instructors from different driving schools and still failed!!.Maybe its me.........maybe I'm not meant to drive :P

ReputationRep:
    I have failed my driving test 3 times now (next test on Monday) and I dont think I can go on with continuous failiure. Im not used to failiure. Its the worst ever feeling, and that moment when they tell you is soul destructing.

The thing is, I have spent so much money on learning to drive, nearly 2 grand, with over 70 lessons I think (£23.50 for an hour). I just dont get why I cant pass.

And I dont seem to be improving-

1st test- 1 D, 2 S and 10 m
    2nd test- 2 S and 7 m
    3rd test- 2 S and 5 m.

Yes there is some improvement, but not enough. I have tried so hard, its just...so unfair :mad:

My next test is on Monday, and If I fail, I am seriously considering the "quit" word, which I never thought I would do.

Any advice?
    Hahahahahahahahaha you suck balls. You shouldn't be allowed on the road. There should be a limit of tests you are allowed to take and if you fail too many times you shouldn't be allowed on the road again as a hazard to everyone elses safety.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.