Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you tell your friend if their boyfriend is a ********? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a good friend, who I work with. She has this boyfriend and they are outwardly crazy about each other, posting lovey dovey statuses on Facebook constantly, he picks her up from work every day, brings her flowers etc. It is actually sickening.

Said friend introduced me to my boyfriend, as they used to work together (he hasn't met her boyfriend, incidentally) and ever since we got together this guy has been going on at me that my boyfriend is untrustworthy and implying he's cheating on me. I know this is utter bull**** and trust my boyfriend implicitly. I've tried to give this guy a shot, because despite what it seems, he's a nice guy and a fun guy to know. We go out on group nights out and have a great time.

The morning after one of these nights out (when I was still single) he tried to imply that something had "happened" between us the night before, and I just said "Yeah, you wish" because it was a load of crap. Tonight he's been on at me again about my boyfriend 'cheating' on me and once again he's being totally inappropriate and saying things like: "Ok... Well im here if u need a talk/hug/**** lol". As I pointed out to him, if my friend knew he said things like that it would break her heart. He just said: "But what she dont know dont hurt". To which I replied she was better off without him.

So, obviously this guy is a twatface. But it would tear her apart if she saw that conversation. I need a TSR consensus:

Do I tell her?

tl;dr: Friend's boyfriend is a twatface and keeps trying to hit on me and generally being a ****. To tell her or not to tell her?

Edit: OK still having this argument with him and he's just implied they are getting engaged. Which opens up a whole new can of worms. I have to tell her, don't I?

ReputationRep:
    She's going to find out/realize sooner or later whether you tell her or not. If it's not you that does it, it's the next girl he hits on

ReputationRep:
    I agree ^

better to break her heart now than in a years time if they get engaged!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't.

I could tell a girl something that would make her split with her boyf, but it's none of my business to do so, imo.

ReputationRep:
    He started backtracking and said he was only joking and that she was next to him reading the whole conversation. So I sent her a message saying if it was true I can't deal with him upsetting me all the time talking about my boyfriend.

She made it perfectly clear that if I couldn't get along with her boyfriend I couldn't get along with her. I feel like she's disowned me. So there we go. That's the end.

I know he'll break her heart eventually. Maybe next week, maybe years down the line. I'll be there for her when he does, but in the meantime he's just been successful in driving away yet another of her friends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.