The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Grrrr no it isn't :tongue: It isn't that far north :mad: Aberdeen is usually very nice, it's just the wind that can be annoying. Though I did head south to uni so maybe I am biased :tongue:

Oh yeah, you live like near the most northern place in the world :tongue:
Original post by thegodofgod
Oh yeah, you live like near the most northern place in the world :tongue:

Indeed, still nice though :biggrin:
Original post by cz100
Yea that's me :biggrin:
Lets see... anywhere in NI = Queen's for medicine, and most likely not. So many people here don't want to leave home and will apply to Queen's, the competition there is mad. And I don't want to stay at home, uni's about going somewhere new and I've been round Belfast enough. I don't really like the living area around the university very much.

True, uni's about the experience. :smile: It's just that it could be hard being really far away from your family... my form tutor went to uni in Ireland and she said she had to get two trains or a plane to see her family so she didn't go home much. :/
Indeed, still nice though :biggrin:

So I guess it tends to snow a lot around where you live :cool:
So I guess it tends to snow a lot around where you live :cool:

Oh yeah. We get trapped for about 2 weeks every year :tongue: We have to hack our way out :s-smilie: Which can be tedious. Temperature was -19c this winter :biggrin:
Reply 2205
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
That does sound like a good idea. :smile: The only thing is that it's annoyingly expensive to go somewhere for an open day. I think I will go to open days after I do my UKCAT and have a more clear idea of where I can apply.

sounds like a good plan to me, just make sure they all have open days and bear in mind it would leave you with less time to use the advice they give you for personal statements/ work experience etc.
Original post by VaVe
sounds like a good plan to me, just make sure they all have open days and bear in mind it would leave you with less time to use the advice they give you for personal statements/ work experience etc.

Oh noes, good point. Are PSs supposed to be tailored towards unis?

Hmm... I reckon I will to go to open days before the summer in that case. The only annoying thing is that I'm France at the end of June- beginning of July which seems to be when literally every open day is. :frown:
Agreed... I felt a bit dubious about choosing to apply to UEA in case Norwich is small and boring but I love the UEA course and I've heard from friends that Norwich is a great place so :dontknow: Open day awaits, I spose.

Haha, yeah, or shared accomo, that would suck! I don't mind sharing toilets but bedrooms. :afraid:

Thanks. :smile: Fingers crossed. Not gonna lie, the way revision is going atm, I'm gonna be lucky if any uni at all considers me haha. But I'll grind through. I will beat the Examiner. :evil:

I used to live in Norwich and its a beautiful city- havent been there in a while so it might have changed loads since :redface:
Are you going to the 2nd July open day? that's when i'm going..so you might see me if so :biggrin:
LOL,fair enough. I need an ensuite though! haha,can't handle sharing showers etc..im too much of a clean freak :tongue:

haha,same my revision is shocking- ive resulting in coming on TSR as a way of procrastination! lol!
Oh yeah. We get trapped for about 2 weeks every year :tongue: We have to hack our way out :s-smilie: Which can be tedious. Temperature was -19c this winter :biggrin:

Are you being serious? :O
Are you being serious? :O

Deadly. We had to walk for 2 miles in the snow to find a road good enough for our bus :tongue:
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
I used to live in Norwich and its a beautiful city- havent been there in a while so it might have changed loads since :redface:
Are you going to the 2nd July open day? that's when i'm going..so you might see me if so :biggrin:
LOL,fair enough. I need an ensuite though! haha,can't handle sharing showers etc..im too much of a clean freak :tongue:

haha,same my revision is shocking- ive resulting in coming on TSR as a way of procrastination! lol!

Ohh, I hope it hasn't. Is there plenty to do in Norwich?

If I can I will, but I'm potentially in France then. :frown: The course sounds amazing though... from what UEA goers on here have said, it's really hands on... like, this year's first years were giving flu jabs to patients within a few weeks of starting the course. :eek:

Haha, I don't blame you. I hope the people I share with at uni have the decency to clean up after themselves and stuff. :/

TSR is good procrastination though... you can learn stuff from here. :smile: At least that's what I tell myself. :ninja:
Original post by Anterior view
Lol same:smile:. I really need to but it's so hard to get up for it when your on a downer:frown:. I'd be saying to people not to apply unless they are really sure it's what they want because the application process we've just been through is horrible. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy:redface:

Now you're making me scared :eek:.
Deadly. We had to walk for 2 miles in the snow to find a road good enough for our bus :tongue:

Wow, that's crazy. How did the bus move the two miles? :p:

If I can I will, but I'm potentially in France then. :frown: The course sounds amazing though... from what UEA goers on here have said, it's really hands on... like, this year's first years were giving flu jabs to patients within a few weeks of starting the course. :eek:

Haha, I don't blame you. I hope the people I share with at uni have the decency to clean up after themselves and stuff. :/

TSR is good procrastination though... you can learn stuff from here. :smile: At least that's what I tell myself. :ninja:

yeah,the city centre isnt too scruffy- bars,clubs the usual..
ice-skating around october time was the highlight for me when I was there..haha :tongue:
I'm going to france straight after exams,its gonna be beaut. a week on relaxing in the sun avec mes amis.
wow! that sounds exciting! helping people straight away.. :smile:
hahaha! such a good excuse :wink:

2 miles? :lolwut:

Your bus? :lolwut:

I gave my mum a couple of EPO injections a year ago (under the supervision of my GP (the really old but nice one)) :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I gave my mum a couple of EPO injections a year ago (under the supervision of my GP (the really old but nice one)) :tongue:

wow! that is pretty cool :cool:
wow! that is pretty cool :cool:

I know :biggrin:

Forgot how to do it now though :colondollar:
I know :biggrin:

Forgot how to do it now though :colondollar:

I just looked up EPO (I had no clue what it was!) and found it is used to treat anaemic patients who have renal failure/kidney problems..
Is this correct?
I just looked up EPO (I had no clue what it was!) and found it is used to treat anaemic patients who have renal failure/kidney problems..
Is this correct?

Just anaemia really - my mum used to have a low haemoglobin level - which caused tiredness, skin becoming more pale etc.

Latest