The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
No, well i'm not sure yet I need to see what the universities I want to apply to offer deferred entry and if I could pull out my application if I did get accepted but changed my mind.

Where are you wanting to go to?
Original post by itsrayray:)
Where are you wanting to go to?

I'm still deciding but my main choices are Newcastle, Kings, Bristol, Exeter, Edinburgh, UCL and maybe some more of the London univeristies.

Do you have any in mind?
I'm having reaaal trouble with this bio....
Reply 2363
Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
I'm still deciding but my main choices are Newcastle, Kings, Bristol, Exeter, Edinburgh, UCL and maybe some more of the London univeristies.

Do you have any in mind?

I'm definitely not applying to any London Universities.

Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester.. for me..

What are your preferences for uni?

Campus based? Course format?
Original post by SteveCrain
I'm having reaaal trouble with this bio....

Anything in particular?
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Anything in particular?

No, which is part of the problem. Just, (lots of) model answers and questions where you're not sure what they're getting at.

Cheers for the implied help though.
No, which is part of the problem. Just, (lots of) model answers and questions where you're not sure what they're getting at.

Well more curiosity than implied help :tongue:
Reply 2367

Yes same. Stupid AQA. I know the info but now it's the case of getting inside the brains of the AQA mark schemes.

However, apparently last January for an A you only needed just over 60%. :biggrin:
Reply 2368
Has anyone decided when to do their UKCAT? Booking opens in 2 days..
Original post by liviaaa

Sometime in late August?
I'm thinking it will give me enough time to prepare without leaving it too late. :smile:

Can we apply for the bursary yet or do applications for that open on the 3rd as well?
Reply 2370
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Sometime in late August?
I'm thinking it will give me enough time to prepare without leaving it too late. :smile:

Can we apply for the bursary yet or do applications for that open on the 3rd as well?

I'm thinking early August, as I want it before Sept, but I'm abroad the last 2 weeks of August. :/

Bursaries are the 3rd of May too. :smile:
Do you have to have the full £30 EMA to be eligible for the UKCAT bursary?
Original post by liviaaa

Late August - I'm back from holiday on the 18th, going to Keele open day on the 21st (I think), so sometime between 22nd August and 1st September :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
Do you have to have the full £30 EMA to be eligible for the UKCAT bursary?

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=Bursaries

There's no mention of the full EMA to be eligible, so I'm guessing £20 or £10 should be fine :smile:
I plan to do mine in late august too, I would like to get it out the way a while before the october deadline, do you get your results before you apply? As I'm guessing some unis need a higher score than others.
Original post by kateamelia
I plan to do mine in late august too, I would like to get it out the way a while before the october deadline, do you get your results before you apply? As I'm guessing some unis need a higher score than others.

I think you get the results straight away... :smile:
Reply 2376
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I think you get the results straight away... :smile:

You do. I left the test room and the guy at the desk handed me the print out, even offered me a calculator to work out my average.
Reply 2377
It's pretty much the same format as your driving theory test, as in the set up of the centre and how you get your results, from what I've heard?
Reply 2378
Original post by liviaaa
It's pretty much the same format as your driving theory test, as in the set up of the centre and how you get your results, from what I've heard?

I haven't done my theory so can't tell you if you receive you're results the same way but when I did my UKCAT there were several people doing their driving theory in the same room as me.
Reply 2379
Original post by VaVe
I haven't done my theory so can't tell you if you receive you're results the same way but when I did my UKCAT there were several people doing their driving theory in the same room as me.

Oh okay :smile: I've done mine, and they gave you a sheet of paper folded over. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending