Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    LOL + I guess they could lie and say bad stuff if they're applying for that same post at the same hospital, so that they could get a position there instead
    ah see I was thinking of it the other way round: say if they ask your 'friend' about you and they'd say bad stuff about you so you don't get the post intentionally so they think they're being asked about you, but really its a test to see what they're like, to see if they're screw their friend over for a job... I over complicate it but meh lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, i'm pretty much the same as you all, applying for medicine this september...should be fun :')
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=31218049

i made that thread for serious looking at our current personal statement progress etc, so the more people get involved with it, the more beneficail it should be for us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    we need to know about mass transloacation??!
    No,I was just stating a concept in regards to the phloem..because I'm cool like that. :cool:

Anyway, I do OCR for bio and thankfully there is nothing on plants in the 2nd unit

ReputationRep:
    All of a sudden, I've become incredibly worried about the UKCAT, more than I was before. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    we need to know about the phloem??!
    No No lol - I was just saying that the phloem/xylem go round as a pair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    All of a sudden, I've become incredibly worried about the UKCAT, more than I was before. Oh dear.
    you a reapplicant? or before as in yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    How silly of you.

There are bigger, more important things (in the form of A levels) to worry about before that.

ReputationRep:
    you a reapplicant? or before as in yesterday?
    Lol before as in yesterday. :redface:

(Original post by navarre)
    How silly of you.

There are bigger, more important things (in the form of A levels) to worry about before that.
    I am aware of that. But I also know that I'm much more likely to do well in Alevels than UKCAT, my brain doesn't like aptitude things.

ReputationRep:
    Lol before as in yesterday. :redface:

I am aware of that. But I also know that I'm much more likely to do well in Alevels than UKCAT, my brain doesn't like aptitude things.
    Not sure whether you're cocky or just naive- A levels are never something you can be certain you'll 'do well in', especially without sitting the actual exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Not sure whether you're cocky or just naive- A levels are never something you can be certain you'll 'do well in', especially without sitting the actual exam.
    I didn't actually say that I wasn't worried about A levels though, so no, I'm neither cocky nor naive.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually say that I wasn't worried about A levels though, so no, I'm neither cocky nor naive.
    Good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh)
    No,I was just stating a concept in regards to the phloem..because I'm cool like that. :cool:

Anyway, I do OCR for bio and thankfully there is nothing on plants in the 2nd unit
    I was going to say "wait until your second year " but then I realised oh wait there isn't actually all that much, only 4ish/16 chapters ... maybe it just seemed a lot more because I hated it so much :rolleyes: (although I actually liked photosynthesis - cause I'm cool like that :cool: lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    I was going to say "wait until your second year " but then I realised oh wait there isn't actually all that much, only 4ish/16 chapters ... maybe it just seemed a lot more because I hated it so much :rolleyes: (although I actually liked photosynthesis - cause I'm cool like that :cool: lol)
    Haha! How did u do in the 2nd AS module?

It seems okay..just a lot to learn I guess..

Bio is definately my favourite subject though :cool:

ReputationRep:

Chem for me :love:

Bio is just remembering a sh*t load of facts

Chem's more application of stuff, which I like

ReputationRep:
    Chem for me :love:

Bio is just remembering a sh*t load of facts

Chem's more application of stuff, which I like

Surely medicine is all about remembering a **** load of facts? yeah,chem is okay but bio ftw :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Surely medicine is all about remembering a **** load of facts? yeah,chem is okay but bio ftw :cool:
    Human Bio's really cool... not plants though :puke: - I'd rather become a physicist that become a botanist! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Erm I think I just scrapped an A haha seems to be my trend in biology - got exactly the marks needed for an A and same in physics :cool: I really shouldn't seem proud of that lol so glad they don't really ask for the ums marks

Yeah biology is just learn learn learn At least bio is 'easy' in concepts but theres loads to learn whereas physics there wasn't that much to learn just loads of hard concepts

Maths was my fave cause it was one I did best in with minimum amount of work possible I liked the first A level unit in bio, but the second is such a drag :/ its like they took almost all the good stuff and put it in the first three modules to entice you into taking the full A level, then BAM! you get all the rubbihs stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    Human Bio's really cool... not plants though :puke: - I'd rather become a physicist that become a botanist! :lolwut:
    I agree I seriously hate plants although photosynthesis (which I thought I'd hate) wasn't too bad because its just a huge mechanism that flowed so that was nice rest of it though :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it seems that I am "fashionably" late for this forum. Also a medical applicant, so props to my you all.
    So, how's everyone going to chillax after exams?H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thescorchedman)
    Hey, it seems that I am "fashionably" late for this forum. Also a medical applicant, so props to my you all.
    So, how's everyone going to chillax after exams?H
    I'm going Germany for work experience :dance: (and chilling out as well of course :ninja:)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.