Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Well no but I used to at home

Where's the cue ball going? :eek:
    Haha, hang on!!! :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    You actually had a squash club near you? I thought you lived in the middle of nowhere! :eek:

John Virgo
    Well my nearest town where I went to school (23 miles away) has a club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOD13)
    Haha, hang on!!! :eek::eek:
    Trump got what was coming, he better not turn into the snooker version of Andy Murray: Talented yet completely incapable of winning anything.

ReputationRep:
    Trump got what was coming, he better not turn into the snooker version of Andy Murray: Talented yet completely incapable of winning anything.
    He did win the China one earlier this year

Tbh - he deserved to win, he was playing so good

John Higgins just luckily had a few chances, e.g. when Judd either mi**** something or the cue ball went into a pocket

John was very lucky :king1:

EDIT: LOL - I wanted to say "mis hit" (one word) and they thought it was "sh*t"

ReputationRep:
    He did win the China one earlier this year

Tbh - he deserved to win, he was playing so good

John Higgins just luckily had a few chances, e.g. when Judd either mi**** something or the cue ball went into a pocket

John was very lucky :king1:
    Yes and Andy Murray has also won lots of non-majors. If you don't win the UK, Grand Prix, Masters or the word then you are a nobody in snooker terms

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he will win one day. Higgins won more frames....maybe not quite spectacularly...but he won them none the less

ReputationRep:
    Yes and Andy Murray has also won lots of non-majors. If you don't win the UK, Grand Prix, Masters or the word then you are a nobody in snooker terms

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he will win one day. Higgins won more frames....maybe not quite spectacularly...but he won them none the less
    Hmm - never knew you followed snooker

You're in my good books then :top:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm - never knew you followed snooker

You're in my good books then :top:
    There are an awful lot of things you don't know about me....I hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsrayray:))
    Oh cool
    I'm thinking about Barts, Peninsula, Cardiff, Newcastle, Kings, Bristol and possibly cambridge.
    Yeah, we have quite a few in common, Peninsula (Exeter), Kings, Nexcastle and Bristol

Cool cambridge, does that depend if your teacher predicts you an A* then or your just not sure about the course?

ReputationRep:
    There are an awful lot of things you don't know about me....I hope
    Nah - I know everything - been stalking you for years :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    No, really, I have!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Honest!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah, not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I'm definitely not applying to any London Universities.

Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester.. for me..

What are your preferences for uni?

Campus based? Course format?
    Wow, how come no Lodon universities? Most of my choices are just whether I would enjoy living at the university as well as studying there. But I do think about course structure that's why i'm really not sure about UCL They said on their site basically that for you to pass the whole year you need to pass all of the exams and you can only fail a year I think once, I can't remember exactly what I read but it did scare me.

ReputationRep:
    Nah - I know everything - been stalking you for years :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy Chuckie)
    Wow, how come no Lodon universities? Most of my choices are just whether I would enjoy living at the university as well as studying there. But I do think about course structure that's why i'm really not sure about UCL They said on their site basically that for you to pass the whole year you need to pass all of the exams and you can only fail a year I think once, I can't remember exactly what I read but it did scare me.
    Yeah, that's true apparently - if you fail one test, you have to resit the whole lot, and if you fail once again during the whole course, you get kicked out :eek: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's true apparently - if you fail one test, you have to resit the whole lot, and if you fail once again during the whole course, you get kicked out :eek: :cry:
    Tad harsh. You get 2 resit opportunities here.

ReputationRep:
    Tad harsh. You get 2 resit opportunities here.
    That's still a bit harsh, no?

Or am I being too much of a softy here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Anyone here want to do pathology? :ninjagirl:
    most people I talk to want to do paediatrics or surgery stuff, and I seem to be the weird one
    I quite fancy pathology - histo or heamatology.
    When I worked in an immunology lab, the immunologist spent more time with patients than in the lab - about 80% I'd say, she ran lots of clinics and had good relationships with her patients as they had long lasting conditions, and she got to deal with every stage of the diagnosis/ treatment which I thought seemed like something I'd enjoy (ie/ she met with them, decided on the tests they needed, sometimes ran the tests - {although very very occasionally to be fair} and then decided on treatment)

So yeah we'll be weird together

ReputationRep:
    That's still a bit harsh, no?
    No, not really. I think everyone deserves a second chance, I mean sometimes life gets on top of you and you need the right to resit but if you fail an exam 3 times then maybe the course isn't for you

There are some people in my year who have failed every single exam so far They have to resit the January ones whilst trying to revise for these May ones, 8 exams rather than 4 does not sound fun

ReputationRep:
    guys, is there any time I should be booking my UKCAT if I want to take it in July/August?

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. I think everyone deserves a second chance, I mean sometimes life gets on top of you and you need the right to resit but if you fail an exam 3 times then maybe the course isn't for you

There are some people in my year who have failed every single exam so far They have to resit the January ones whilst trying to revise for these May ones, 8 exams rather than 4 does not sound fun
    Ouch!

So if they fail these ones as well, they get kicked out?

Or if they miss by a very narrow margin (like 1%) - would they be given another chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demesto)
    guys, is there any time I should be booking my UKCAT if I want to take it in July/August?
    Booking opens from today.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch!

So if they fail these ones as well, they get kicked out?

Or if they miss by a very narrow margin (like 1%) - would they be given another chance?
    You get kicked out. I mean it is unfortunate, but failing the same exam 3 times The uni have given them every chance.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.