Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can find out if I'm an international student or not?
    :confused: Surely you should have an idea...do you live/have citizenship here?

For a definitive answer, contact the individual universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    90 days from now is in August surely? :confused: Or do you want to book it for the end of August? If so then yeah, it's fine to wait a while before booking.
    thanx ye sorry i meant like middle of august so just a couple of days wait until 90 days, but i think il just book it now . i just signed up

do you know how much time we get to answer one question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    thanx ye sorry i meant like middle of august so just a couple of days wait until 90 days, but i think il just book it now . i just signed up

do you know how much time we get to answer one question?
    it varies from section to section, some you barely get half a minute, some you get around a minute. Check the UKCAT site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    for the ukat if i register now do i have to do it within 90 days. i dont want to do it untill august so is it okay to wait until june to register?
    Dude, I've already booked mine for 25th August - you can book it for any day (provided it's within the UKCAT restriction)

The sooner you book it, the greater the chance of you having the day/time/centre you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Dude, I've already booked mine for 25th August - you can book it for any day (provided it's within the UKCAT restriction)

The sooner you book it, the greater the chance of you having the day/time/centre you want.
    Ok thankyou i'm going to book it tomorrow. need to wait for the email with my password

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    Ok thankyou i'm going to book it tomorrow. need to wait for the email ?
    I had a problem with signing up (only because I was so keen to book the test that I tried to create an account at like 1am on the 3rd of May - so the thing didn't work)

I then called them up after getting home from school today and did it over the phone

So in the end, I didn't actually get an email at all, but you should, given that the system's all fine and dandy now .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    :confused: Surely you should have an idea...do you live/have citizenship here?

For a definitive answer, contact the individual universities
    Not a citizen of here or anywhere in the EU :p:

Oh, so does it vary between each university? (The requirements for being a home student, that is)

ReputationRep:
    I already book mine on morning of 3rd May, but am I supposed to have got a username and password over email as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I already book mine on morning of 3rd May, but am I supposed to have got a username and password over email as well?
    Yeah, you get emailed a default password (which you have to change) - but you get to choose your user name though.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh! Just 3 months left now before we actually apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cute_wish)
    Ahh! Just 3 months left now before we actually apply
    Over 5 months, no?

15th October 2011

ReputationRep:
    There will be no jobs by the time we finish medical school!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbo12)
    There will be no jobs by the time we finish medical school!!
    Highly unlikely. There are lots of jobs, just not nice shiny training places.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going Germany for work experience :dance: (and chilling out as well of course :ninja:)
    That's pretty amazing man.
    I'm off to India, to do some work experience there.
    But mostly, I'm going to be chilling so hard, it'll be like I'm frozen. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going America to do work experience (hopefully) :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going America to do work experience (hopefully) :p:
    That sounds amazingg ! I think I might be going holiday there this summer.. though no idea how I would organise work experience there though. How did you arrange yours if you don't mind me asking ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    That sounds amazingg ! I think I might be going holiday there this summer.. though no idea how I would organise work experience there though. How did you arrange yours if you don't mind me asking ?
    Well, I used to live in NYC, so that kinda helped :p: But apart from that, I just typed in in my case, ''NYC Hospitals'' and just checked up on the volunteering section with e-mails. Most don't reply back, so you have to call. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I used to live in NYC, so that kinda helped :p: But apart from that, I just typed in in my case, ''NYC Hospitals'' and just checked up on the volunteering section with e-mails. Most don't reply back, so you have to call. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, hospitals can be bloody annoying :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, hospitals can be bloody annoying :sad:
    They can? They bloody ARE annoying I'm struggling so much to get a placement over here. I've applied for one in the summer, but no guarantees.

ReputationRep:
    They can? They bloody ARE annoying I'm struggling so much to get a placement over here. I've applied for one in the summer, but no guarantees.
    The only reason I got a placement last year was because my mum knew someone who knew someone who worked there :indiff:

It's not about what you know, it's about who you know :sad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.