Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamal_Dirie)
    Just wondering what everyone here got in their January exams?
    My grades were:
    Maths - A 82/100 UMS
    Biology - A 75/90 UMS
    Chemistry - C 80/120 UMS, retaking this in the summer
    Psychology - A 64/90 UMS
    Mine were:
    Maths 96/100 A
    Bio 74/90 A
    Chem 83/90 A

Gcses: 8A* 4as
    im going for 3as and b in bio (also doing history) cos i completely messed up my bio practical. do you think i could counter that with a really good ukcat though and if so what kind of score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizuna123)
    Mine were:
    Maths 96/100 A
    Bio 74/90 A
    Chem 83/90 A

im going for 3as and b in bio (also doing history) cos i completely messed up my bio practical. do you think i could counter that with a really good ukcat though and if so what kind of score?
    I'd guess 700+ should do the trick - apply to UKCAT heavy universities (which don't look much at your AS grades, such as Kings/Sheffield/Manchester)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    I'd guess 700+ should do the trick - apply to UKCAT heavy universities (which don't look much at your AS grades, such as Kings/Sheffield/Manchester)
    yeah my teacher was saying that we should be aiming for scores around that region. it seems like june, july and a sizeable chunk of my summer holiday are gonna be occupied with UKCAT and BMAT revision (thinking about applying to imperial)

ReputationRep:
    yeah my teacher was saying that we should be aiming for scores around that region. it seems like june, july and a sizeable chunk of my summer holiday are gonna be occupied with UKCAT and BMAT revision (thinking about applying to imperial)
    ahh - I may be applying to Kings if my UKCAT is above 735 ish (highly unlikely for me) - if not, then UCL.

Hence, I'm preparing for both the UKCAT and the BMAT :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    This is where London IMO does not fit the bill. I'm a southerner, but the culture up north is very different and I prefer it up north as opposed to London...

Each North city has its own little personality, so close so nearby to neighbouring cities. Its much cheaper too! Leeds has everything you could ask for right here- London is great but I don't think I could study in the city.

In terms of course structure, I think the Northern cities have similar course structures and can be compared to the universities in London. Examples include, Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle.

Choose where you feel best suited.
    Oh okay, see i'm the opposite so i'm gonna want to go down south, get away from life up here

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty nervous for my history exams.

I'll be writing non stop.

At least in science exams they give you reasonable time to finish, and then check your answers through.

Every minute in history will be spent writing.

ReputationRep:
    Mine were:
    Maths 96/100 A
    Bio 74/90 A
    Chem 83/90 A

I think Kings will still interview you regardless of how good your ukcat if you got good gcses... thats what the admissions tutor said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    You know life's dull, when you actually laugh at that :getmecoat:
    We can be forgiven, it's the effect of exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    I am pretty nervous for my history exams.

I'll be writing non stop.

At least in science exams they give you reasonable time to finish, and then check your answers through.

Every minute in history will be spent writing.
    :console:

I have a 2\frac{1}{2} exam, which consists of listening, reading and writing in one exam - will have time to go to sleep for an hour after that!

It's from 1.30 to 4.00 in the afternoon as well :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I think Kings will still interview you regardless of how good your ukcat if you got good gcses... thats what the admissions tutor said
    Where have you got this from? King's will only interview if UKCAT is very good or at least 9/10A*s if your UKCAT is bad. I've had first hand experience and trust me, those people who say imperial/kings/ucl, as in getting all three are either living in a dream world or are perfet individuals. Getting into medicine is INCREDIBLY hard, in fact the hardest course to get into.

ReputationRep:
    :console:

I have a 2\frac{1}{2} exam, which consists of listening, reading and writing in one exam - will have time to go to sleep for an hour after that!

It's from 1.30 to 4.00 in the afternoon as well :mad:
    Deutsch? es ist leiiiiiiiiiiiiichttt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Deutsch? es ist leiiiiiiiiiiiiichttt
    Ja, genau, aber das stimmt nicht fuer Leute, die Fremdsprachen nicht sprechen koennen.

ReputationRep:
    Booked my UKCAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Booked my UKCAT!
    SAAME!!

Booked it today..
    Good times

ReputationRep:
    Booked my UKCAT!
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    SAAME!!

Booked it today..
    Good times
    Did you get the dates you wanted?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the dates you wanted?
    Yup! It wasn't really that full at all. I've booked mid August, before I go on holiday - you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoinkytheduck)
    SAAME!!

Booked it today..
    Good times
    Haha cool

ReputationRep:
    Yup! It wasn't really that full at all. I've booked mid August, before I go on holiday - you?
    Cool - mine's on the 25th August (Thursday I think) - just after I get back from holiday and the Keele open day is on 21st August I think.

ReputationRep:
    Cool - mine's on the 25th August (Thursday I think) - just after I get back from holiday and the Keele open day is on 21st August I think.
    Sounds good! I need to get some open days booked in!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good! I need to get some open days booked in!
    Me too

Are you going to the Kings ones - they're all on weekdays

Don't think my school will let me go to any more :sad: - I'm going to be missing like 10 days of school as it is because of the German work exchange programme + 1 for the Newcastle open day :hi:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.