Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Every university is completely different. And then there are internal differences. Some give out decisions in batches throughout the year, some get back to all interviewees separately, some wait till the end of the year before telling anyone.

There is no way of knowing, you just have to wait and see :rolleyes:
    Okay thanks

Oh dear I'm sure we'll all be so anxious during that time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Okay thanks

People usually are yes

ReputationRep:
    Every university is completely different. And then there are internal differences. Some give out decisions in batches throughout the year, some get back to all interviewees separately, some wait till the end of the year before telling anyone.

There is no way of knowing, you just have to wait and see :rolleyes:
    End of the year??? :lolwut:

People would just give up and go into depression, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    End of the year??? :lolwut:

People would just give up and go into depression, no?
    I meant that some give out all decisions in April at the very end of the process, regardless of when you were interviewed Glasgow did that to us, had to wait between November and March.

Some people on waiting lists will be waiting till results day...in August

ReputationRep:
    I meant that some give out all decisions in April at the very end of the process, regardless of when you were interviewed Glasgow did that to us, had to wait between November and March.

Some people on waiting lists will be waiting till results day...in August
    Ohh - thought you meant like August lol

Applicants would be terrified if after like 6 months of waiting they didn't get in :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ohh - thought you meant like August lol

Applicants would be terrified if after like 6 months of waiting they didn't get in :sad:
    No, not quite as bad as that But the wait really isn't pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    But the wait really isn't pleasant.
    So I've heard

How's your SSC coming along?

ReputationRep:
    So I've heard

How's your SSC coming along?
    Finished All gooooood.

Revision now.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smqj_z04i4A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Okay thanks

You probably will be, particularly when you look on tsr medicine pages for unis you applied to and you see that they've given out a batch of offers/rejections and feel like you're gonna die when your email doesn't load It was weird, I came on here, twice, saw people got rejections, got a really weird and VERY bad feeling and knew that i'd got rejection , and i was right both times - although it does slightly take away the element of surprise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    You probably will be, particularly when you look on tsr medicine pages for unis you applied to and you see that they've given out a batch of offers/rejections and feel like you're gonna die when your email doesn't load It was weird, I came on here, twice, saw people got rejections, got a really weird and VERY bad feeling and knew that i'd got rejection , and i was right both times - although it does slightly take away the element of surprise
    Is your sig a 'Monroe' quotation?

ReputationRep:
    Is your sig a 'Monroe' quotation?
    It may have been (is it a program with the guy that used to be in the yellow pages hair cut advert?)

I saw an advert ages ago with that and though 'thats awesome and potentially true' lol I meant to watch it but forgot the name of the program

ReputationRep:
    It may have been (is it a program with the guy that used to be in the yellow pages hair cut advert?)

I saw an advert ages ago with that and though 'thats awesome and potentially true' lol I meant to watch it but forgot the name of the program
    Monroe's that (Scottish) or northerner neurosurgeon with a really weird accent, who's really arrogant.

ITV on Thursdays at 9 pm I believe (or something like that)

ReputationRep:

lol same I only saw the advert.

ReputationRep:
    Monroe's that (Scottish) or northerner neurosurgeon with a really weird accent, who's really arrogant.

That would be Northern Irish. Well James Nesbit is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    ermm yes, they do

or at least, can
    Don't reply to me if you don't do some research. Do you think I haven't checked this? People from a poor family get up to 100% grants, and rich people don't need any grants. So like I said, it's the middle class who aren't poor enough to get a grant, but not rich enough to be able to afford the fees. I can't wait for your next response(!)

ReputationRep:
    That would be Northern Irish. Well James Nesbit is
    that's the one!

I can never tell the difference between Welsh / Scottish / N. Irish / Irish accents :sad:

ReputationRep:
    that's the one!

I can never tell the difference between Welsh / Scottish / N. Irish / Irish accents :sad:
    They are all quite distinct But they don't really exist. You get internal variation. An Aberdonian a Glaswegian and an Orcadian all sound very different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbo12)
    Don't reply to me if you don't do some research. Do you think I haven't checked this? People from a poor family get up to 100% grants, and rich people don't need any grants. So like I said, it's the middle class who aren't poor enough to get a grant, but not rich enough to be able to afford the fees. I can't wait for your next response(!)
    So I guess it ends there. Middle class kids can't go to med school. Shame, I really thought you had potential...

ReputationRep:

Yeah! thats the one thanks

They are all quite distinct But they don't really exist. You get internal variation. An Aberdonian a Glaswegian and an Orcadian all sound very different
    'Orcadian' thats such a cool word lol

Can I ask, do you know of any medics who got in with an A2 resit? I know they've state that they don't accept A2 resits but i'm hoping theres an anomalie somewhere

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.