Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominiqueblack)
    Sent you a message, hope it helps a bit!
    Please send it to me as well..
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqua05)
    Hey,
    im not exactly sure where to apply... Do they really look at our GCSE results. I have got 3A* 5As & a B
    & planning to apply to
    UCL/imperial, kings, cardiff, manchester/bristol
    Yes they do. With those you shouldn't apply to Kings or Cardiff. The others are fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles2010)
    Hello everyone! Just want to say a massive good luck!!!
    I applied for medicine for 2011 entry (Cambridge, UCL, Birmingham & Imperial), and got an offer from Cambridge and Birmingham.
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote or PM
    GOOD LUCK!
    Heyy
    Thanks for the Good Luck.. we all need it !
    What were your GCSE grades, AS & A2 grades ? If you dont mind could you please PM me your personal statement.. really need help on how to go about it.
    Thankss Bubbles :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :hello:

I'm applying too! Thought I was pretty keen already but you guys really scare me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh)
    There's no harm in enjoying good food

I do hockey and badminton seriously (club and school team) and then swimming and tennis for jokes (free time).
    swimming, i thought you would just sink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)

Hey! Yeah, I'm from NI. I've been looking around for work experience as well but it seems that they will only really accept you through Charter:

http://charter-ni.com/

Luckily my school offered us placements at various hospitals for a week through Charter so I managed to get some work experience (which is better than nothing). By the way, are you thinking about applying to Queens?
    I know, it's quite annoying since my school doesn't get that much through Charter and there's about 15 people in my year wanting to do medicine so the places get given out at random. And people who know somebody in the hospital get placements through Charter anyway.
    I don't think I'll apply to Queens, I really want to go across the water for uni. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqua05)
    Please send it to me as well..
    Thanks
    Go to page 3, post number 46 is dominiqueblack writing it out in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Economics dropping Physics for A2. Probably applying to Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I know, it's quite annoying since my school doesn't get that much through Charter and there's about 15 people in my year wanting to do medicine so the places get given out at random. And people who know somebody in the hospital get placements through Charter anyway.
    I don't think I'll apply to Queens, I really want to go across the water for uni. What about you?
    Is Ireland not across a water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Not if you're from Ireland...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordbick)
    If we assume everyone has these, then I'm screwed. :/
    Haha! This is what our school keeps trying to scare us with..

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody done the AS Bio Empa? How'd you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I have done it. It went fine, but let's not discuss too much detail here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    That's really annoying, I hope you manage to find some sort of work experience somewhere - maybe even in a hospice or in some sort of caring enviroment.
    I think I probably will apply to Queens - I quite like the idea of staying home. Having said that, if I get the opportunity to go to a university in England or Scotland I'd probably put that as my first choice, but it's so competitive!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you all want to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    By across the water I mean in England/Scotland/Wales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    That's really annoying, I hope you manage to find some sort of work experience somewhere - maybe even in a hospice or in some sort of caring enviroment.
    I think I probably will apply to Queens - I quite like the idea of staying home. Having said that, if I get the opportunity to go to a university in England or Scotland I'd probably put that as my first choice, but it's so competitive!
    Thanks I did get 1 day in radiography and a few days with my GP and just started volunteering in paediatrics. I got a bit scared of the interviews Queens are going to use, like multiple scenarios and things.

ReputationRep:
    Doing biology, chemistry, history and classical civilisation (and critical thinking).

Cannot wait until AS's are over. After I've got those under my belt, the rest of the application process should be pretty easy.

I'm going to apply to UAE and Peninsula so far, as they are PBL.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine next week.

Learn How science works terminology, learn about the coaglation of milk, and I therefore assume enzymes, and do past papers, and I reckon we'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Why do you all want to do medicine?
    Because I get to be elbow deep in someone's body, and it was either this or forging a career as the Glasgow Ripper.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.