The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh, this thread is making me lol.

Was just looking through the 600 UKCAT Questions book, there is a high chance of me flopping it :frown:
Reply 3201
Original post by oHellno

Was just looking through the 600 UKCAT Questions book, there is a high chance of me flopping it :frown:

i knew that before looking at the book

tbh, i look at all these faces and i think

i made every wrong choice a sixth former could make

i messed away all my time

and frankly, i can't stand the face i see in the mirror

as you get old in life, things get taken from you, but that's part of life

you only learn that, when you start losing oppurtnities

you learn that lifes a game of inches

life, just like medicine is a game of inches

i mean the margin for error is SO SMALL

half a second to early too late, you don't quite make it
Original post by oHellno

same, it looks so hit and miss with half (okay all) of the questions :| i can do most of them... but i think i might just die under the time limits in the real thing :laugh:
Original post by medicizbak

i knew that before looking at the book

tbh, i look at all these faces and i think

i made every wrong choice a sixth former could make

i messed away all my time

and frankly, i can't stand the face i see in the mirror

as you get old in life, things get taken from you, but that's part of life

you only learn that, when you start losing oppurtnities

you learn that lifes a game of inches

life, just like medicine is a game of inches

i mean the margin for error is SO SMALL

half a second to early too late, you don't quite make it

Don't you dare ruin that film quote.
Reply 3204
Original post by gozatron
Don't you dare ruin that film quote.

THE INCHES WE NEED, ARE EVERY WHERE AROUND US

they're in every ward, every minute every second!

=) sorry, need some motivation atm tbh
Reply 3205
Original post by manic_fuzz
same, it looks so hit and miss with half (okay all) of the questions :| i can do most of them... but i think i might just die under the time limits in the real thing :laugh:

i can do hardly ANY of them

I get so happy when I see the pattern in the AR section! Except sometimes I think I've got it, and it's completely different to what it says in the answers :lol: If I do the QR section in the book properly, I do it correctly, but it takes forever. I don't know how I'm gonna improve by August :erm:

I was only talking about the UKCAT. Go to bed.
Original post by oHellno
I get so happy when I see the pattern in the AR section! Except sometimes I think I've got it, and it's completely different to what it says in the answers :lol: If I do the QR section in the book properly, I do it correctly, but it takes forever. I don't know how I'm gonna improve by August :erm:.

aaah! sometimes i get it (after quite a long time!) and sometimes i just stare at the random shapes thinking... what. the....
i haven't even tried the QR yet... i don't quite think i want to looking at it now :colondollar:
i did some of the VR but i have to force myself not to read every single word... :laugh:

and i'm doing my exam partway through July! D: though i'm sure we'll get better... eventually :tongue:
Reply 3208
aaah! sometimes i get it (after quite a long time!) and sometimes i just stare at the random shapes thinking... what. the....
i haven't even tried the QR yet... i don't quite think i want to looking at it now :colondollar:
i did some of the VR but i have to force myself not to read every single word... :laugh:

and i'm doing my exam partway through July! D: though i'm sure we'll get better... eventually :tongue:

may i ask

=/ shall i do mine in july, or august?

may i ask

=/ shall i do mine in july, or august?

just do it when it suits you...

and euumm.... that's... nice :|
Anybody considering taking UKCAT preperation courses. They seem overpriced but I suppose they would help as I am completely awful. I am talking about Kaplan 2 day courses.
I have a thread about this.
Reply 3211
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Anybody considering taking UKCAT preperation courses. They seem overpriced but I suppose they would help as I am completely awful. I am talking about Kaplan 2 day courses.
I have a thread about this.

not for £260 no
Reply 3212
Finished AS exams today and want to start preparation for the UKCAT, where is the best place to start? Any books? :biggrin:
Reply 3213
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator
Finished AS exams today and want to start preparation for the UKCAT, where is the best place to start? Any books? :biggrin:

600 ukcat questions book. its quite good :smile:
Reply 3214
Original post by Nator

You... :rant:

Sorry, I'm just jealous.
And the 600Q book is good, just don't do what I did and attempt working the first couple of quantitative exercises on paper and then wonder why it takes so long and the answers are still wrong. :tongue:
Original post by Chat-G

Doesnt half depress you though..

Thought I'd have a go at a few questions today and couldnt do anything (or if I did I was incredibly slow) :colondollar:
Reply 3216
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Doesnt half depress you though..

Thought I'd have a go at a few questions today and couldnt do anything (or if I did I was incredibly slow) :colondollar:

I find AR a test of imagination, or maybe madness, one of the two.
Reply 3217
Original post by Chat-G

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 3218
Original post by cz100
You... :rant:

Sorry, I'm just jealous.
And the 600Q book is good, just don't do what I did and attempt working the first couple of quantitative exercises on paper and then wonder why it takes so long and the answers are still wrong. :tongue:

Guessing your still doing your exams, unlucky man :tongue:
So does the 600Q book have like explanations and stuff which you read through, and then do practice questions or what? How would you advise someone to read it? :smile:
Reply 3219
Original post by Nator
Guessing your still doing your exams, unlucky man :tongue:
So does the 600Q book have like explanations and stuff which you read through, and then do practice questions or what? How would you advise someone to read it? :smile:

It first introduces you to the section and gives some tips on how to answer them and follows if with quite a number of exercises. There are then answers after the exercises with explanations so it's very good. I think there's full papers at the back as well but I haven't had the chance to read that far yet :colondollar: Still got 9 exams to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending