The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oHellno
LOL why? I don't talk about it that much, do I? :puppyeyes:

Yes you do, look at the last wall post you made at me.

On the subject of UKCAT, from what I've heard, all you need is that 600 questions book. It's just past papers. Having a high IQ helps and a generally affinity for IQ tests/competence tests/this kind of bull**** helps, but that book is supposed to be incredible...
Anyone got a map of medical schools in the UK?
Reply 3242
Original post by AishaTara
what sort of GCSES grades do you all have? if you dont mind me asking :smile: x

8A* 2A (2 A's in English's so pff :rolleyes:) Hbu? :smile:
Original post by Straight up G

Yes you do, look at the last wall post you made at me.

On the subject of UKCAT, from what I've heard, all you need is that 600 questions book. It's just past papers. Having a high IQ helps and a generally affinity for IQ tests/competence tests/this kind of bull**** helps, but that book is supposed to be incredible...

Shush. :shh:

600Q book has done nothing for me so far. I'm dumb :dunce:

Anyone got a map of medical schools in the UK?

Make one yourself.
Reply 3244
Original post by oHellno
LOL why? I don't talk about it that much, do I? :puppyeyes:

Edit: Haha, had a dumb moment. I get it! :redface:

:laugh: that was worthy of some rep
Original post by Nator
Good stuff! :biggrin: :five: Well thinking 1 more BMAT uni so either UCL/Imperial, and 1 outside London (maybe Nottingham or somewhere), and maybe Kings? Haven't decided yet :redface: And fair enough, so the UKCAT has no influence on unis which don't use it? Even as a reference or something, as in will they not see your score? :smile:

I haven't seen if there is anywhere on the UCAS for specifically for putting them down so I don't know. I'm also thinking of Aberdeen but will save the last space until after UKCAT when I'll decided to apply to another UKCAT uni or not. Have you got a back up choice?
Reply 3245
what sort of GCSES grades do you all have? if you dont mind me asking :smile: x

10.5 A* and 1 A (A was in LLW, of all things :unimpressed:. And one A* might not count since it was Chinese)
Original post by oHellno

Ain't gonna argue.

And basically, I'd try reading it, not much else works really.

I haven't got it yet, but I will in a bit, so I'll give my verdict later. But it does have like 150 5* reviews and an average of like 4.99/5 on Amazon, so there can't be much wrong with it.
Original post by oHellno

Make one yourself.

I have actually, it's just inside a folder in the loft right now, I cba to make it again because I don't wanna leave the chair.

DONT ****ING TELL ME IM LAZY

Ain't gonna argue.

And basically, I'd try reading it, not much else works really.

I haven't got it yet, but I will in a bit, so I'll give my verdict later. But it does have like 150 5* reviews and an average of like 4.99/5 on Amazon, so there can't be much wrong with it.

Oh, I've missed you.

Haha, it probably is really good, but I haven't looked at it regularly enough to appreciate it. And I've mainly looked at the QR and AR, both of which are completely insane.
Original post by Nator
8A* 2A (2 A's in English's so pff :rolleyes:) Hbu? :smile:

wow, very well done! I'm currently doing my GCSES, but am stalking this thread just for tips, because I'm hoping to make sure I get all my info to start prep early, with applying.
Congrats again and best of luck!
I have actually, it's just inside a folder in the loft right now, I cba to make it again because I don't wanna leave the chair.

DONT ****ING TELL ME IM LAZY

Haa, so you'll go through the effort of making a map but you won't leave your chair :teehee:

I wasn't sad enough to do that, so can't help. :h:
Reply 3251
Original post by cz100
I haven't seen if there is anywhere on the UCAS for specifically for putting them down so I don't know. I'm also thinking of Aberdeen but will save the last space until after UKCAT when I'll decided to apply to another UKCAT uni or not. Have you got a back up choice?

Oh alright then :smile: And kool, and for back up thinking of maybe BioMed at Warwick; I believe they do post-grad med with it so you can go into medicine through it :biggrin: Hbu?
Original post by cz100
10.5 A* and 1 A (A was in LLW, of all things :unimpressed:. And one A* might not count since it was Chinese)

wow, very well done! oh well 1 A, rest is still amazing! I'm currently doing my GCSES, but am stalking this thread just for tips, because I'm hoping to make sure I get all my info to start prep early, with applying.
Reply 3253
wow, very well done! I'm currently doing my GCSES, but am stalking this thread just for tips, because I'm hoping to make sure I get all my info to start prep early, with applying.

Thanks a lot! :biggrin: Oh right I see! Best of luck with GCSE's! They will be fine no matter I'm sure :smile: Thanks and same to you! Be sure to let me know what you get in August :wink:
Reply 3254
Original post by cz100

Fine set of GCSE's you got there dude, lets stick together and sort this Cambridge ting! :cool:
Reply 3255
Original post by Nator
Oh alright then :smile: And kool, and for back up thinking of maybe BioMed at Warwick; I believe they do post-grad med with it so you can go into medicine through it :biggrin: Hbu?

Probably biomed but don't know where yet. I wouldn't mind something like history as well but that's out of the question, can you imagine history admission tutors sitting reading a medicine PS?
wow, very well done! oh well 1 A, rest is still amazing! I'm currently doing my GCSES, but am stalking this thread just for tips, because I'm hoping to make sure I get all my info to start prep early, with applying.

Thanks. All the best with your GCSEs too.
An average of 90 grand debt for medicine undergraduates from next year :/
Original post by oHellno
Oh, I've missed you.

Haha, it probably is really good, but I haven't looked at it regularly enough to appreciate it. And I've mainly looked at the QR and AR, both of which are completely insane.

I know you have darling, you miss me every day. Make me a sandwich?

Yeah, I don't know what the 4 sections or the profile bit at the end actually involve, but I'm just gonna rely on the book. Doesn't seem that hard like the BMAT though, which is irritating. I found the questions on the BMAT pretty easy but then only got like half of them right, which was really annoying, because I thought it was a pisstake but all the questions were really deceptive. And FML for the essay section, so glad UKCAT doesn't need that.

Original post by oHellno
Haa, so you'll go through the effort of making a map but you won't leave your chair :teehee:

I wasn't sad enough to do that, so can't help. :h:

Making a map was easy, I did it in an economics lesson. All you have to do is draw England and then draw all the universities you can think of. How's that difficult? Getting off the chair however, now that is a bit annoying. I like the chair.

I don't care, I've drawn another one now. Suck on it biaaaaaaaaatch

Anyone know how much Oxford and Cambridge use the BMAT in comparison to each other? I know Oxford prefers GCSE grades, and Cambridge AS UMS marks, in comparison, but anyone know how much they use BMAT? I'm sure it's on TSR but I cbs to look for it and would prefer it someone just gave it to me on a platter.... Also, how much do they care about work experience?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by A level Az
An average of 90 grand debt for medicine undergraduates from next year :/

9 x 5 = 45?

Living expenses are not 9k a year at uni.

Maybe that figure might be reasonable if you were to do the 6 year course at London University, but it would still be pushing it.
Reply 3259
@cz100: Lol it would be funny, but wouldn't risk it, spells instant rejection to me so wouldn't risk it, only apply with something related to your PS :smile:

P.S. Sorry I couldn't quote; didn't let me :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending