Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamii05)
    AS Level grades and predicted grades. I'm not too sure if we have to give specific UMS marks for the subject or each module though Apparently you don't have too but I don't know if this is different for medicine and specific universities. Although, surely they can retrieve this information already...?
    I think UCL and Cambridge look at your marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    I thought it was just Cambridge. But UCL are fussy about resitting exams. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    I thought it was just Cambridge. But UCL are fussy about resitting exams. :dontknow:
    I'm sure UCL also look at your marks too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Oh, ok. I'm definitely not applying to Cambridge anyway and probably not UCL

(Original post by Limitless)
    Putting UMS mark could have its pros and cons. I mean if you are one mark off full UMS and that stopped you getting an A overall in the subject then it is useful but, if you managed to scrape an A overall in the subject that it does not looks as good.
    True. I guess I'm going to see what I get and decide from there :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Haha it's good in a sense as you can eliminate/apply to unis with such criteria

ReputationRep:

True. I guess I'm going to see what I get and decide from there :dontknow:
    What is your back up choice going to be? I'm thinking something like pharmacy for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    And you continue to shout, genius :rolleyes:

LOL I didn't say it was cute that I made a poster, eedyat, I said the poster itself was cute, which it was. :proud: If you think that's weird, you don't want to see my notes haha :redface:

Yeah but if they throw crazy questions at me like 'how would you measure the weight of your head' etc then I can hardly revise for them lol. Haaa, you're annoying.

Well done on being productive. But how did you sort out hospital work experience in one day? :eek: It took me several emails and rejections (:emo:) to secure mine. Really need to start volunteering again, have taken a massive break :sigh:
    And you continue to ignore?

A poster, with physics equations, does not come under the category cute. It is weird, and no, I don't wanna see your notes. You should see mine, worst notes ever, imagine the brain of a genius writing in the style of a 4 year old.

That questions easy, you'd just behead yourself and get someone to put it on a scale. DURH. Says you?

Well, I just walked in, said 'GIVE ME THE ****ING WORK EXPERIENCE' and the ***** behind the desk was scared and so she did it. I got this gangsta aura about me. Not really, it's still to be confirmed this one, I've got a contact though, I'll have to try bumming up to him. I know his son though. I've never done any sustained volunteering, I should start.

ReputationRep:
    Is it unethical to not tell class acquaintances that they are applying to places which will reject without interview?

This is a question many of you will face. What will you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Is it unethical to not tell class acquaintances that they are applying to places which will reject without interview?

Do it anonymously and un-insultingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Do it anonymously and un-insultingly.
    Call me callous, but I doubt I would tell more than 1 person they are applying to the wrong places, for fear of increasing competition. Every place counts.

ReputationRep:
    Call me callous, but I doubt I would tell more than 1 person they are applying to the wrong places, for fear of increasing competition. Every place counts.
    True. It's not callous. I'd do it for my closest friends.

ReputationRep:

I've already told one or two people that they'll get rejected straight away from where they're applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    I've already told one or two people that they'll get rejected straight away from where they're applying.
    surely a tactical maneuver to divert them from your choices

ReputationRep:
    Surely not if they are stepping under a trap door?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    What is your back up choice going to be? I'm thinking something like pharmacy for myself.
    Probably biomedical sciences. But if I don't get into medicine, I'll probably take a year out and reapply instead of going the graduate entry route. Might change my mind later on though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Surely not if they are stepping under a trap door?
    surely one steps over or onto a trap door!?

ReputationRep:
    surely one steps over or onto a trap door!?
    You get the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    You get the point
    Was the point you were making that you should tell them if they're applying to schools they'll be rejected from? I still think it is an unwise move.

ReputationRep:
    Was the point you were making that you should tell them if they're applying to schools they'll be rejected from? I still think it is an unwise move.
    what do you mean?

no-one applies to medical schools without first meeting their requirements, if so, they look at different routes

if i knew they met minimum grades, which even i may not meet, who am i to stop them?

i mean some of us maybe wanted to apply somwhere, do something, and he didn't.

it's their right to listen to their gut instinct and no-bodies right to tell them what they can't or can do after they've earned the right to be where they want to be and do what they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    =) trust me, success only comes from focusing on ourselves, improving our flaws, re-doing our mistakes

NOT from making others fall. because any person you disuade, there are HORDES of other medical applicants.

for every place there ranged 6- ?? people for a place.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.