Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Wow, you doing BMAT as well? I'm too pussy to do it, haha. UKCAT is enough!
    Sure Got to take the challenge to be the best! Haha just never doubt yourself You need to have self-belief And UKCAT seems harder? Or is just me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    31 August. I wanted it as late as possible before the cost went up, so, unfortunately, it's on my birthday. At least it's my 17th and not 18th, or that would really suck.
    Wow, you're amongst the youngest in the country. Which makes your grades and profile even more incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamii05)
    :shock: I didn't think of that...
    I'm doing BMAT as well as UKCAT :dance: I want to go to Imperial if I get the grades
    My friend told me to put down Imperial, because it has an overwhelmingly larger proportion of males to females :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Wow, you're amongst the youngest in the country. Which makes your grades and profile even more incredible.
    What I was going to say. I am jealous

(Original post by cz100)
    My friend told me to put down Imperial, because it has an overwhelmingly larger proportion of males to females :teehee:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    31 August. I wanted it as late as possible before the cost went up, so, unfortunately, it's on my birthday. At least it's my 17th and not 18th, or that would really suck.
    Ahhh just turning 17 damn your young! Well should be a good present, you will kill it Be sure to let me know how you do!

ReputationRep:
    It's only by a couple of months and I still (just about) turn the right age before each term starts so no big deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Ahhh just turning 17 damn your young! Well should be a good present, you will kill it Be sure to let me know how you do!
    Sucks when everyone else is driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamii05)
    :shock: I didn't think of that...
    I'm doing BMAT as well as UKCAT :dance: I want to go to Imperial if I get the grades
    I like the name "Imperial", it's very appealing to the ear for some reason :lol:

(Original post by Nator)
    Sure Got to take the challenge to be the best! Haha just never doubt yourself You need to have self-belief And UKCAT seems harder? Or is just me? :confused:
    Mate, any form of test that requires a brain is hard to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Sucks when everyone else is driving.
    Maybe you can get a car as a reward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    From my experience that never leads to something good.

ReputationRep:
    I like the name "Imperial", it's very appealing to the ear for some reason :lol:

Mate, any form of test that requires a brain is hard to me!
    Haha yeah Imperial sounds like some kind of elite
    And ahhh don't worry you'll be fine How did your AS exams go?

ReputationRep:
    EXACTLY. ****ING EXACTLY THAT. PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN DO THIS, DO THAT ETC BUT IT NEVER MATERIALISES. Until today that is haha

Impressed or disgusted at your pedantic neatness? And once you have, I will scan in a page of my creations as well.

Yeah, I thought about something to do with volume at first, but how are you supposed to work out the density of your head :confused:. I think for those questions they're looking for signs of logical thinking and appreciation of alternative methods rather than actual answers really.

Actually, I bet you were really nice, like bumming up and tidying up etc etc. Kids are generally okay, maybe they all just hated you ? I'm starting my carehome tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. Saw a really hot nurse though. Trouble is with loads of little things, they'll say why didn't you continue etc and I'll say because I couldn't be ****ing arsed, and they won't like that haha.
    It's so annoying. My dad was all yeah I know like 3 people, one of them should be able to sort something out, and they didn't, none of them. If they had been useful, I would have had awesome placements at awesome hospitals :emo: Ah well, I'm sure the one I sorted out will be just as interesting

Why would you be disgusted? They were so easy to revise from when it came close to exams haha, your creations, it literally makes me think scrawled up writing.

Yeah I have no idea. True, they wanna see how well you can try and reason with retarded questions. If I do decide to apply, I will need to work on that :tongue:

LOL, no I wasn't. It's a **** school, the kids are actually not like the innocent types that you'd imagine at all. There were all these 6 year olds just shouting 'boobies' and casually discussing them, I was a little shocked. :lol:
    That might make it more interesting? The nurses were all really lovely where I went, but that was it. And yeah I know, but there's no way I could ever do all of the things I did for a long time. I've got like 2 that I've been doing for a while. They're just gonna have to accept that.

Negged, stop being *****y
    You can't talk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Surely you mean the opposite??? :confused:

EDIT: Please forgive me if you are a girl! (or homo o.o)

ReputationRep:
    A guy from our school last year applied for it because according to him 'it sounded like a name out of Star Wars'. He got in though.
    (Original post by Nator)
    Maybe you can get a car as a reward?
    Maybe, my mum can't wait until I can drop my little brother off to nursery school, but might not be able to afford insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    Surely you mean the opposite??? :confused:

EDIT: Please forgive me if you are a girl!
    :laugh: no worries, did I sound like a boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    :laugh: no worries, did I sound like a boy?
    Umm nooo of course not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    From my experience that never leads to something good.
    Most of the time. If I do apply there it would be for other reasons of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    I guessed 1.5 :/ So that's a maximum 6 marks lost. Plus apparently I messed up the last question (even though I knew how to do it :mad: ). The even worse thing is I didn't use the triangle method, I used another so I may not even get working marks. My other error was putting N= 13, when it was 14. Eurghh so that's maximum 12 marks lost. Eurghhhhh.
    Well you'd still get method marks for using the radius in the next part, so it's not too bad. And if you got the correct answer for the last question but used a suitable method it's okay. I checked my answer with the triangle method, but for my main working I integrated both the lines. They usually have a few methods in the mark scheme, so it's okay.

And the 13/14 thing was sly, a lot of people did that, was very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    She loves me but I keep rejecting her. She doesn't like that I keep rejecting her. Mainly because she refuses to make me sandwiches. Modern women :rolleyes:
    Ahhh well, if she keeps getting rejected I understand the oHellNo part of it She refuses to make you sandwiches? Lol she would be dealt with in Pakistan haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Most of the time. If I do apply there it would be for other reasons of course
    By the way I can confirm this, approx 1:3 ratio of girls : boys, me and my friend went to the open day

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.