Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Have I told you that you are extremely annoying?

I do this thing called bunking. I do it for the first two terms of school and cram in the last term. :laugh: Do it if you think it'll work for you.
    Answer this question for me:

what is 20% of 10,000.

What is 34% of that answer?

Now say there was interest on the final answer of 17.5% , after four years, how much interest would you totally deduct/of all accumilated years?

=/ i am stuck on it lol, i know pathetic = me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a will a way)
    what is an IIRC - is that a maths prodigy award?
    No.

"If I Recall Correctly".

JC is right - you are annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Answer this question for me:

what is 20% of 10,000.

What is 34% of that answer?

Now say there was interest on the final answer of 17.5% , after four years, how much interest would you totally deduct/of all accumilated years?

=/ i am stuck on it lol, i know pathetic = me
    = 2000.
    = 680
    = 680*1.175*1.175*1.175*1.175 - 680?

Haven't got a calculator handy but it would be something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Genius? :laugh: I wish Maths prodigy: not really a prodigy, but kinda good at it :p:
    Where were you in my stats exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    No.

"If I Recall Correctly".

JC is right - you are annoying.
    I apologise if i seem annoying, lol, i knew JC is superb at maths, but i thought he won an award

I am internet illeterate, had no idea what iirc mean

Nice of you to judge me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    = 2000.
    = 680
    = 680*1.175*1.175*1.175*1.175 - 680?

Haven't got a calculator handy but it would be something along those lines.
    wow, that is smart, thanks

so if it came up in the UKCAT, you'd just do 117.5% for four years, to work out the total cost, because you add 17.5 percent each year

but why minus this from 680?

ReputationRep:
    wow, that is smart, thanks

so if it came up in the UKCAT, you'd just do 117.5% for four years, to work out the total cost, because you add 17.5 percent each year

but why minus this from 680?
    680x(4x1.175) is the total amount including interest afterwards.
    680 is the original amount.
    You wanted the value of the interest? Was unsure about your wording in the first post tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    680x(4x1.175) is the total amount including interest afterwards.
    680 is the original amount.
    You wanted the value of the interest? Was unsure about your wording in the first post tbh
    yes

like the value of interest at the end of it all

so using your work, 680 x (1.15) x 4 = price after four years

minus that from 680 x 4

confused

is saying 680 x 1.15 x 4, the same as saying 680 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15

oh i see my mistake! you're right - 680 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15 = price at the end. but how much interest collectively was taken, in the past four years if you get me? so you add 15% to each cost, every year. so it's 100 pounds one year = 115 pounds the next. then you do 15% of that, and add that ammount, and so on. what i want to know is a quick way of doing it in the UKCAT to save time?

ty! great input btw

ReputationRep:
    w.e every one above is talking about, im pretty sure to work out interest over many years would be 680 x (1.175^4)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limesasquatch)
    w.e every one above is talking about, im pretty sure to work out interest over many years would be 680 x (1.175^4)
    Yep, minus the original £680 to find the interest gained. No idea why this is being discussed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Yup, finish college on Thursday, dead scary thought - I'm actually gonna need to go out and get a job for the next year... thats too adult... I'm 10 at heart ...maybe they saw this in my interview and so didn't give me a place lol

Erm exam wise - do the work, and if you miss stuff catch up ASAP. I missed loads of bio for my interview and its stuff i'm finding hard to answer now, you really want to get the A's first time round although I got an interview with AAABC (B in chem) Practice for ukcat, I only did two weeks worth on and off and got 632.5, possibly coulda done better if I'd done more work.

If you get an interview, its not as scary as you think, people I got were really nice and were there to get the best out of you (St. Andrews - no idea about everywhere else)

Don't be disheartened if you get four rejections. Its not great, particularly if you get one one day, then one the next and its game over. I just think of it as theres a reason behind everything, i wasnt meant to get in this year, so I'll just try again next year. (I say this, but i constantly have dark days where I hate medicine but get ove rit again lol)

I probably have other stuff that any rejectee will probably tell you, but I've realised im procrastinating yet again so better get back to the bio
    I had 1 interview, and at newcastle where they interview over 1000 people (out of 3000 applicants, so many more interviews given out than usual) and i new i did s***, and recieved my feedback, and i got 90% of the criterea borderline, which i think the interviewers were to nice to give me unsatisfactory. Anyways i was probably the candidate who performed the worst...

Just thought id moan some more...

ReputationRep:
    sure you do

any genius who says they don't work are 1% of cases telling the truth

maybe you are, but i will assume you work very hard to get to where you want to.
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7820469_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...2_168771_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2183072_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1507950_n.jpg

:yawn:

(Original post by sablarrr)
    Where were you in my stats exam?
    Most likely doing a Media exam :p:

ReputationRep:

Want to know my grades?

Physics : C
    Biology : B
    Chemistry: Hopeful for an A
    Maths: Borderline b/c

you're physics/maths report were great

you get full ums in chemistry anyway

plus, you'll probably do so in biology

therefore, i assume you work hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demesto)
    Hi, 2 questions: What sort of thing do you do for work experience the pharmacyand GP in general and how did you get such good work experience (the each week in a different department thing)
    In year 11, I think all schools do a work placement and I managed to get some at a pharmacy, it was during the summer and for most of the day the pharmacy was very quiet so we just watched the world cup, but I'm just going to talk about in my personal statement how pharmacy is vital in the NHS system and how pharmacists sometimes advise patients on minor illnesses.
    I managed to get three weeks work placement in a hospital during the summer again through school but this was only for people applying to things like medicine, ventinary science and dentistry. School pretty much sorted everything out for me again.
    I also got another week at a hospital as I've got a friend whos father doctor so he managed to get me another week at the hospital.
    I'm getting the work experience at the G.P by just writing letters really and chasing people up. I haven't started it so I cannot tell you much about it. Sorry.
    I don't think it is about quantity but more about quality. It doesn't really matter how much you have (obviously you need a decent amount) but you have to be able to write about it well. You have to state how it has helped you and what you have gained from it. I would keep like a notebook with you so when you are on your work-placement you can make notes and stuff.
    I'm also trying to get a job at either a care home/hospice which I will work on weekends it will kill two birds with one stone get me some money, and also show that I can perform in a caring role.
    I've left all my work experience and voluntary work to the last minute I would not recommend doing it. I'm going to be shattered after the summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    In year 11, I think all schools do a work placement and I managed to get some at a pharmacy, it was during the summer and for most of the day the pharmacy was very quiet so we just watched the world cup, but I'm just going to talk about in my personal statement how pharmacy is vital in the NHS system and how pharmacists sometimes advise patients on minor illnesses.
    I managed to get three weeks work placement in a hospital during the summer again through school but this was only for people applying to things like medicine, ventinary science and dentistry. School pretty much sorted everything out for me again.
    I also got another week at a hospital as I've got a friend whos father doctor so he managed to get me another week at the hospital.
    I'm getting the work experience at the G.P by just writing letters really and chasing people up. I haven't started it so I cannot tell you much about it. Sorry.
    I don't think it is about quantity but more about quality. It doesn't really matter how much you have (obviously you need a decent amount) but you have to be able to write about it well. You have to state how it has helped you and what you have gained from it. I would keep like a notebook with you so when you are on your work-placement you can make notes and stuff.
    I'm also trying to get a job at either a care home/hospice which I will work on weekends it will kill two birds with one stone get me some money, and also show that I can perform in a caring role.
    I've left all my work experience and voluntary work to the last minute I would not recommend doing it. I'm going to be shattered after the summer holidays.
    You sound vey committed, what year are you btw? I can't help but feel the vast majority of placements im looking for will be a waste of time. I guess you just have to pick out the little details from each one and exaggerate on your UCAS and interview. Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demesto)
    You sound vey committed, what year are you btw? I can't help but feel the vast majority of placements im looking for will be a waste of time. I guess you just have to pick out the little details from each one and exaggerate on your UCAS and interview. Good luck mate.
    Me committed. Nah! I've left everything to the last minute. I've been doing nothing all year. I'm in year 12, I will be applying in october this year which seems so close, I'm really worried about not getting in. Yeah just exaggerate stuff but not too much know your limits and don't risk anything if you know you are not very good at 'stretching the truth'. Thanks good luck to you too. What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone started UKCAT prep yet? I started this week now that exams are over and there's not much to do in free periods now. DA and AR are ridiculously hard

ReputationRep:
    Me committed. Nah! I've left everything to the last minute. I've been doing nothing all year. I'm in year 12, I will be applying in october this year which seems so close, I'm really worried about not getting in. Yeah just exaggerate stuff but not too much know your limits and don't risk anything if you know you are not very good at 'stretching the truth'. Thanks good luck to you too. What year are you in?
    year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Anyone started UKCAT prep yet? I started this week now that exams are over and there's not much to do in free periods now. DA and AR are ridiculously hard
    We've already started the A2 syllabus in most subjects, like in biology we are going to malham to study ecology and stuff. I hate ecology it's so boring. Human biology is the interesting stuff.

ReputationRep:
    We've already started the A2 syllabus in most subjects, like in biology we are going to malham to study ecology and stuff. I hate ecology it's so boring. Human biology is the interesting stuff.
    you've started A2 content?

i had to self-learn most of my A/S content getting new teachers i hope/just about to!

i'm purely focusing on medicine for the next two months, then going to move on to A2 prep.

=/ i waste my days cause i do bare all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.