Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    Wow, I think they want our PS draft in by July. I need to start thinking about that, but there's already so many things I need to be doing . I need to get more organised.
    I need to get mine in by wednesday, but I'm busy procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Thanks Where are you thinking of applying?
    St. Andrews definatly :love:, probably Aberdeen and possibly Cardiff and Queens Belfast but I'm not really sure. I really need to look into it more and actually go on open days but meh Where are you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    I need to get mine in by wednesday, but I'm busy procrastinating.
    Everyone on TSR is an expert in that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    St. Andrews definatly :love:, probably Aberdeen and possibly Cardiff and Queens Belfast but I'm not really sure. I really need to look into it more and actually go on open days but meh Where are you thinking of?
    You can ask me things on Queen's, I got quite a lot of info on them since virtually every medicine talk I've been to have been based on their admissions etc since they are the only med school in NI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    You can ask me things on Queen's, I got quite a lot of info on them since virtually every medicine talk I've been to have been based on their admissions etc since they are the only med school in NI.
    niceeeee! thanks do you know there resit policy is? I emailed them ages ago and they asked me to send them more info about every grade I've got for GCSE and AS (and Jan A level mods) and they never replied, I think they've forgotten about me :ashamed2: lol

ReputationRep:
    niceeeee! thanks do you know there resit policy is? I emailed them ages ago and they asked me to send them more info about every grade I've got for GCSE and AS (and Jan A level mods) and they never replied, I think they've forgotten about me :ashamed2: lol
    Oh dear seems I may fail at the first question. The powerpoint I have doesn't have anything on it and since we've alway had 'resit is not an option' drilled into us I didn't pay much attention to info on resits. There's just most stuff on their points ranking and the multiple mini interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find DA that difficult, but a lot of the time the answers are very, very similar are trying to work out which is right can be frustrating. QR isn't too bad imo. What book are you using? If it's the 600q one the QR in there is excessively hard, much harder than the practice tests.
    yeah i'm using the 600q book. i hope its easier than the practice ones...or i'm dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chat-G)
    yeah i'm using the 600q book. i hope its easier than the practice ones...or i'm dead.

how on earth do you do the abstract reasoning section? it seems impossibly hard

here's a site i use

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...-advice-5.html

as for the questions on the quantitative reasoning...i mean 30 seconds per questions, it takes me 15 to read the question, and how on earth do i answer it? most of them are twisted/require another 15 to decode!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    QR is the easiest, I just need to brush up on my mental arithmetic.
    it's basically the timing i'm struggling with. the actual maths isn't that difficult. the 600q book says that each question should be done in 30secs. i swear thats impossible for some questions!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chat-G)
    it's basically the timing i'm struggling with. the actual maths isn't that difficult. the 600q book says that each question should be done in 30secs. i swear thats impossible for some questions!!!

omg JINX

this is what i am finding for roughly about...ALL of them

there may be one or two obvious ones, but as soon as you hit q 3 4 5 6...it gets tricky.

how can anyone find this section easy in the time limit?what is your approach? do you use the calculator? if so, how on earth do you read, decode, understand, note down, then use the calc in 30 seconds?

i'm also using that, maybe we can work together

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of Aberdeen as well :five: I used to live there, and loved going to the beach. Um, possibly Sheffield if I get a kickass ukcat, Leeds, Manchester or HYMS. It all depends on the pesky ukcat though. Stupid thing.

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

I managed to get an AR question right!

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

I managed to get an AR question right!
    once you start getting a few right you'll start being able to find the patterns quicker and quicker

i think i'll be taking my 600UKCAT book with me to london so for the week i'm doing nothing i guess i can just work on that, although, some french teacher saw me reading lefigaro.fr and gave me some french work that i can do (which is far more interesting)... and i get distracted easily mmm
    :| and urgh, need to get my provisional licence sorted out for ID to take the test, how annoying ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    :| and urgh, need to get my provisional licence sorted out for ID to take the test, how annoying ¬¬
    I need to order my provisional, really can't be bothered right now, but it'll be good once I start learning. The main downside of Devon IMO is that you need a drivers licence to be able to go anywhere unless you want to pay ridiculous train/bus fares :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    once you start getting a few right you'll start being able to find the patterns quicker and quicker

i think i'll be taking my 600UKCAT book with me to london so for the week i'm doing nothing i guess i can just work on that, although, some french teacher saw me reading lefigaro.fr and gave me some french work that i can do (which is far more interesting)... and i get distracted easily mmm
    i agree, once you start getting some right you do see trends, but still, even though i am no expert on any sections, abstract is difficult to me.

=/ i can't find patterns! sometimes there is MORE than one?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwasfast)
    omg JINX

this is what i am finding for roughly about...ALL of them

there may be one or two obvious ones, but as soon as you hit q 3 4 5 6...it gets tricky.

how can anyone find this section easy in the time limit?what is your approach? do you use the calculator? if so, how on earth do you read, decode, understand, note down, then use the calc in 30 seconds?

i'm also using that, maybe we can work together
    Skim read it. Pick out key numbers and words.

ReputationRep:
    I need to order my provisional, really can't be bothered right now, but it'll be good once I start learning. The main downside of Devon IMO is that you need a drivers licence to be able to go anywhere unless you want to pay ridiculous train/bus fares :/
    i can't be bothered learning to drive... not that i could afford the insurance afterwards anyway i just stick with ridiculous bus fares ¬¬

(Original post by thatwasfast)
    i agree, once you start getting some right you do see trends, but still, even though i am no expert on any sections, abstract is difficult to me.

=/ i can't find patterns! sometimes there is MORE than one?!
    well i s'pose it's just about getting used to, because usually there are only certain things the patterns can refer to, it's just if you spot them... it's just the evil distractor shapes that they put in there which are annoying

ReputationRep:
    A tip: for verbal reasoning read the question, then the relevant part of the text, the next question, and its relevant text etc.

ReputationRep:
    ohh yea i m applying!!i already finished one AS and thinking about completing the rest next year and doing AL math and bio
    Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    Grr. Have you got any work experience lined up for the hols? I'm shadowing a consultant :awesome: Might try and get some GP w.exp if I can be bothered.

Thanks Where are you thinking of applying?
    I've hopefully got a week at Barts (almost certainly actually). I'm also hoping for a month at another hospital You? I'm trying to find out if I could do a day shadowing a GP, but I'll find out if that's possible on Wednesday.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.