Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socalgyal)
    I'm picking my A level options, so far i have decided on maths, biology,chemistry but its the last option im confused on, its between psychology, geography, and physics, i would really appreciate some advice
    I'd go for what you enjoy / what you think you'd get a good A / A* in.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, a thread full of people sitting the UKCAT soon... someone buy my book off me! Anyone interested?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbo12)
    what does everybody think bout the fees? I'm a 2011 applicant. would it stop you from applying?
    not from undergraduate medicine, although my backup plan before the tuition fee rise was going to be to get an undergraduate degree and then do GEM, although with all of the cuts, i'm unsure whether i'd be able to afford all of that, never mind the competition for GEM. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Ooh, a thread full of people sitting the UKCAT soon... someone buy my book off me! Anyone interested?
    I just got one off Amazon last week for £5.99

ReputationRep:
    what does everybody think bout the fees? I'm a 2011 applicant. would it stop you from applying?
    I work in mcdonalds- $$$. Not a problem for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    Ah but I did not mention anything about musical instruments :') that must've been it
    I don't have anything sporty or musical, although I do enjoy playing snooker as a past time - not sure if that'd count for anything. It does help me de-stress a lot on Fridays / Weekends though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    I just got one off Amazon last week for £5.99
    Wow, bargain

Ermmm well anyone actually interested, I'll do the UKCAT book and the interview book (both the ISC Medical ones - which are the best ones!) for £25 for the two? The interview book cost me £25 on it's own :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socalgyal)
    I'm picking my A level options, so far i have decided on maths, biology,chemistry but its the last option im confused on, its between psychology, geography, and physics, i would really appreciate some advice
    Play to what you believe your strengths are. I do psychology AQA A specification, so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Ah but I did not mention anything about musical instruments :') that must've been it
    Haha that musta been it! Don't know how I got an interview for St. Andrew - though in my interview the woman said to me "so you've had quite a bit of experience" and i was sat there thinking ermm yeh ok - compare to laods of people ive seen on here mines not alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Wow, bargain

Ermmm well anyone actually interested, I'll do the UKCAT book and the interview book (both the ISC Medical ones - which are the best ones!) for £25 for the two? The interview book cost me £25 on it's own :')
    I would be interested, but my school has both of them in the library - I'm looking for the PS one really, it seems really good from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    whoops messed up quotes from before Wont put me off cause hopefully I'll be able to pay it off if i ever become a doctor

Anyone know whats going on with the Scottish fees? are they going up much? (for english applicants)

ReputationRep:
    Hi there basically im doing my a levels currently and i aint got gsces at all im not fresh either meaning im not an international studemt im a hime student but the thing is that i stayed abroad for 5 years done my secondary education there and those certificates arent recognised here at all !! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishag6)
    Hi there basically im doing my a levels currently and i aint got gsces at all im not fresh either meaning im not an international studemt im a hime student but the thing is that i stayed abroad for 5 years done my secondary education there and those certificates arent recognised here at all !! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
    take a year out before or after a levels

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone knows that you've got to be able to play at least 4 instruments to grade 8 standard with your eyes closed and using only your feet to get into medical school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stegosaurus)
    Well everyone knows that you've got to be able to play at least 4 instruments to grade 8 standard with your eyes closed and using only your feet to get into medical school
    I'm afraid you've been misinformed. Due to the increase in competition using your feet to play the instruments is now considered mediocre, it's all about the telekinesis if you want a decent chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)
    I'm afraid you've been misinformed. Due to the increase in competition using your feet to play the instruments is now considered mediocre, it's all about the telekinesis if you want a decent chance.
    Of course, even if you can do that, if you don't have A-level maths, you may as well just give up all hope of being a doctor.

Seriously, where did that whole thing even start? -______-

ReputationRep:
    People mention something once on TSR when it's not true.
    People think it's true.
    People follow advice.
    Advice incorrect at the time becomes the norm
    Standards raised and now advice is correct.
    More incorrect advice given.

It's a horrifying circle.

Did I mention you need to be able to perform live open heart surgery in interviews now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VaVe)
    Did I mention you need to be able to perform live open heart surgery in interviews now?
    I hope this doesn't need to be done whilst playing four instruments at grade eight level with your feet :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    I hope this doesn't need to be done whilst playing four instruments at grade eight level with your feet :eek:
    That's where the telekineses comes in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normandy114)
    It depends; if you managed to catch the snitch and hoop the quaffle for a try, then hit for six and collect £200 on the 'Go' square during your UKCAT, then you only have to do one instrument.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.