Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    I remember in year 7 in school we got told to watch this woman giving birth in a biology lesson.
    Haha, did you ever watch "one born every minute" that was a lot more traumatic than any programme we've watched at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonnymous)
    i watch scrubbs,i know about medicine now being a doctor is sooo fun
    Oh dear, please don't tell me you want to be a doctor because of scrubs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviaaa)
    Haha, did you ever watch "one born every minute" that was a lot more traumatic than any programme we've watched at school.
    No. Lol. Some people had to go out because they felt sick, I just kept looking confused like "what a baby comes out of there" then "OMG there is a baby coming out of there that is awesome". For some reason I got :K: expressions.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, please don't tell me you want to be a doctor because of scrubs?
    40% of my reason

Dr Cox sold it to me

ReputationRep:
    No. Lol. Some people had to go out because they felt sick, I just kept looking confused like "what a baby comes out of there" then "OMG there is a baby coming out of there that is awesome". For some reason I got :K: expressions.

are there any programs on ilnesses, cures, the human body?

it's just, child birth is too narrow and specific to me, i want a broad range at this stage

ReputationRep:
    We started the A2 course this week. The teachers are taking it so seriously, we even have a test coming up...
    We've started Chemistry and Biology, they've said they're going to get about 1 or 2 modules out of the way but throw in a couple of fun lessons

Not happy I still have to go to Physics though, I'm definately dropping it Hate it with a passion.

ReputationRep:
    are there any programs on ilnesses, cures, the human body?

it's just, child birth is too narrow and specific to me, i want a broad range at this stage
    Junior Doctors was very good (you'll have to watch it on iplayer now). Also 24 hours in A & E, channel 4 at on Wednesdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpringNicht)
    We've started Chemistry and Biology, they've said they're going to get about 1 or 2 modules out of the way but throw in a couple of fun lessons

Not happy I still have to go to Physics though, I'm definately dropping it Hate it with a passion.
    We've started everything, and no sign of fun lessons! :/

Oh that's annoying, at least we don't have to go to the lessons we're dropping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpringNicht)

mee to, i've failed it at a/s

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. Well it's only a good sign as a doctor. Looks like we have a future obstetrician here.

ReputationRep:
    Junior Doctors was very good (you'll have to watch it on iplayer now). Also 24 hours in A & E, channel 4 at on Wednesdays.
    cheers for that i appreciate it

ps, what subjects are you taking on?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. Well it's only a good sign as a doctor. Looks like we have a future obstetrician here.
    could you tell me, if you're given a complex problem, how do you deal with it? like breaking it up ect?

i want to learn from you/assess you^^

ReputationRep:
    cheers for that i appreciate it

ps, what subjects are you taking on?
    Maths, bio and chem for A2. You?

ReputationRep:
    could you tell me, if you're given a complex problem, how do you deal with it? like breaking it up ect?

i want to learn from you/assess you^^
    Depends what the complex problem is?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking GP though I like the easy lifestyle. It's easier to balance family life and work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking GP though I like the easy lifestyle. It's easier to balance family life and work.
    Yes I was interested in paeds, or a GP as I definately want a family so I want a bit of flexability.

ReputationRep:
    So true. At this point the idea of being a GP seems so boring though lol, I bet after graduating and actually training, I'll change my mind.

I've always thought Psychiatry seems really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    mee to, i've failed it at a/s
    I don't know how I did, I wasn't feeling too confident but I came on TSR and it seemed other people had similar answers so hopefully!

Mainly dropping it because I have sat there all lesson thinking 'why the hell didn't i switch to german in the first week'

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was interested in paeds, or a GP as I definately want a family so I want a bit of flexability.

(Original post by oHellno)
    So true. At this point the idea of being a GP seems so boring though lol, I bet after graduating and actually training, I'll change my mind.

I've always thought Psychiatry seems really interesting.

i'm not mature enough to even handle the responsibility of a doctor/ a family

i don't want one atm, i'm just a kid

ReputationRep:
    hello! is there anybody whos a student in the college of medicine of edinburg? I am looking for somebody to tell me the first-hand information from the uni I am really nervous about my applying and I want support
    best regards!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.