Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Just keep on going! You'll be fine, I'm sure of it
    I feel like putting "*****es, let me in. You won't regret it. Kthanxbai" :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    I feel like putting "*****es, let me in. You won't regret it. Kthanxbai" :teehee:
    :mmm: It's true though

ReputationRep:
    They won't regret it but I think you will.

ReputationRep:
    Another day of hardcore BMAT and UKCAT prep.........not going well at all tbh....

Shadowing a doctor at Queen's Hospital next week

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find BMAT easier than UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    Another day of hardcore BMAT and UKCAT prep.........not going well at all tbh....

Shadowing a doctor at Queen's Hospital next week
    when are you doing it?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, quick question, today my teacher was handing out an info booklet to people thinking of applying for medicine containing details on how to prepare for bmat, write personal statement, etc...something i noticed was having to write an essay about a subject.....IS THIS TRUE???

I KNEW NOTHING about having to write some essay about a subject O_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChessMister)
    Does anyone else find BMAT easier than UKCAT?
    I find it the other way round, but they're both somewhat challenging with the time limits.

ReputationRep:
    when are you doing it?
    next week lol

P.S. sorry for teh triple post >_<

ReputationRep:
    I find it the other way round, but they're both somewhat challenging with the time limits.
    I've only done some loose revision, but the time constraints for BMAT section 1 aren't that bad, are they?

Are you doing the BMAT next week?

ReputationRep:
    I've only done some loose revision, but the time constraints for BMAT section 1 aren't that bad, are they?

Are you doing the BMAT next week?
    BMAT is in november, sorry i thought u were asking about my work experience, im doing that next week

ReputationRep:
    Guys, quick question, today my teacher was handing out an info booklet to people thinking of applying for medicine containing details on how to prepare for bmat, write personal statement, etc...something i noticed was having to write an essay about a subject.....IS THIS TRUE???

I KNEW NOTHING about having to write some essay about a subject O_O
    Yes; it's usually on some vague ethical topic, indicated by a statement you have to analyse, and I think you are given three options. The marks are for content and quality of writing.

ReputationRep:
    BMAT is in november, sorry i thought u were asking about my work experience, im doing that next week
    ahh; bit early to be practicing for BMAT then, is it not? Surely you'll run out of materials?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    :mmm: It's true though
    :lol:

(Original post by Limitless)
    They won't regret it but I think you will.
    I'll slip in some dosh, as an incentive This will obviously show my enthusiasm, perseverance and motivation to study medicine.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

I'll slip in some dosh, as an incentive This will obviously show my enthusiasm, perseverance and motivation to study medicine.
    I can't write my personal statement everytime I start it sound so cheesy.

ReputationRep:
    hii. im thinking of applying to medicine for university, but i was wondering, if i do extended project, would it help me increase my chances into getting in? is it helpful or is it a waste of time?? thank uuu!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless)
    I can't write my personal statement everytime I start it sound so cheesy.
    Join the club. I sound really contrived and bleh. O medicine, y u no easy to get into?!

(Original post by LaMsterr)
    hii. im thinking of applying to medicine for university, but i was wondering, if i do extended project, would it help me increase my chances into getting in? is it helpful or is it a waste of time?? thank uuu!! xx
    If you do one related to medicine, and reflect upon it well in your personal statement (saying what you learnt from it etc.), then yeah But AFAIK, most unis aren't that bothered about it. I think oxbridge may look favourably upon it but I'm not sure. SO if you want to do it, then go for it. But it's not that important.

ReputationRep:
    Yes; it's usually on some vague ethical topic, indicated by a statement you have to analyse, and I think you are given three options. The marks are for content and quality of writing.
    What?!?!? is this in an exam or something? who gives u the three topics?

Only essay i was aware of was section 3 of the BMAT

ahh; bit early to be practicing for BMAT then, is it not? Surely you'll run out of materials?
    I'm revising UKCAT more atm since i have that in 2 months, and at the same time thought i'd start the BMAT as well, i'll just keep practising using the same material over and over again, and get the hang of all the critical thinking questions, as that's my main weakness. Never too early to start

Best to prepare early for such hard exams...

ReputationRep:
    What?!?!? is this in an exam or something? who gives u the three topics?

Only essay i was aware of was section 3 of the BMAT
    The three topics he is talking about is on the section 3 of the BMAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nator)
    The three topics he is talking about is on the section 3 of the BMAT
    Ahh okay good, i can relax, i really dont like unpleasant surprises :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.