Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahTM)
    *high fives*
    UCAS are asses. They keep suggesting I get to know people from medical courses... Thanks :'D
    I applied to Manchester, Leeds and Keele... I thought that I should put two back ups just in case what happened happened (rejections without interview :'D)
    If I get the grades, I'll apply to Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and maybe Liverpool... Or a London one :']
    what about you? :]

i may also get all rejections as i've done nothing so far -not my fault ! it's been heard to get

could you advise me about where you may have fallen?

^^ i really do hope you solidly make the grades and get the same year entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limesasquatch)
    I'm starting volunteering at a 'disabled school', I don't know the proper term for it sorry, but they are probably going to pay. Not that it's a bad thing because insight need the money in my gap year, but will it not look as good as volunteering on my app
    WEll you don't need to say "oh yeah I'm getting money for this" you could just say I've been working at such and such a place and what you've learnt from it. Tbh I'm not sure they'll care that much, cause it's all experience in the end its just a lucky bonus if you get paid lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im no superman)
    i'm a really shy person!

i won't survive in the nursing home
    Something like that might help build your confidence though? and if you're worried about not being able to survive in a nursing home, are you not worried about not being able to survive medicine? (not intended harshly, so sorry if it sounds that way)

ReputationRep:
    i'm a really shy person!

i won't survive in the nursing home
    How will you perform a rectal examination then. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    *high fives*
    UCAS are asses. They keep suggesting I get to know people from medical courses... Thanks :'D
    I applied to Manchester, Leeds and Keele... I thought that I should put two back ups just in case what happened happened (rejections without interview :'D)
    If I get the grades, I'll apply to Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and maybe Liverpool... Or a London one :']
    what about you? :]
    Ah cool I applied for St.A's, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee. My all time favourite is St.Andrews so definatly applying there, and probably Aberdeen again but not the other two. Think maybe Cardiff and Queens Belfast though not 100% sure yet. Reallllllllllllly hope I get the grades, I wouldn't actually knwo what to do if i didn't :/ fingers crossed for August! Your exams go alright? So much more pressure now that they're final :/

If you don't get the grades (hopefully you will though) are you going for either of your back up choices? Or would you try again?

ReputationRep:
    i may also get all rejections as i've done nothing so far -not my fault ! it's been heard to get

could you advise me about where you may have fallen?

^^ i really do hope you solidly make the grades and get the same year entry.
    Yeah, they are diffcult :']

To be honest, I fell down on my Personal statement... You need to put in a hell of a lot about responsibilities outside of college... But you should run it by someone who isn't from your college (if possible a doctor or other?) because my UCAS advisor said mine was fine, and it was, just not for medicine (I did get two biomed offers from it xD)

And thanks! I hope so too

ReputationRep:
    Oioi guys, may as well park my reapplicant ass onto this thread now

Hope all your AS exams have went well :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Guys anyone been to a Leeds open day? (if there's been one already?) And did anyone go to Sheffield yesterday?
    I'm going Friday first of my 4 open days in the space of like 4 weeks... quite excited!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they are diffcult :']

To be honest, I fell down on my Personal statement... You need to put in a hell of a lot about responsibilities outside of college... But you should run it by someone who isn't from your college (if possible a doctor or other?) because my UCAS advisor said mine was fine, and it was, just not for medicine (I did get two biomed offers from it xD)

And thanks! I hope so too
    i understand

May i ask, if i have volunteered teaching children on saturdays, and also at a charity shop, and played football for a club for a few years, will this suffice or are they looking for anything in paticular?

(i've done a year long group work project, and was a peer mentor for a month or two)?

=/ i just feel so confused, i am never sure what they exactly want , you know?

thank you, and best of luck with your app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)

Thanks where did you apply last year what was your application like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)

mixed , don't know how to feel, but blocked it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    Ah cool I applied for St.A's, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee. My all time favourite is St.Andrews so definatly applying there, and probably Aberdeen again but not the other two. Think maybe Cardiff and Queens Belfast though not 100% sure yet. Reallllllllllllly hope I get the grades, I wouldn't actually knwo what to do if i didn't :/ fingers crossed for August! Your exams go alright? So much more pressure now that they're final :/

If you don't get the grades (hopefully you will though) are you going for either of your back up choices? Or would you try again?
    Cool
    I hope you get the grades too! I'm dreading the results - and I still have 3 exams left :'D
    Agreed - it's the last shot :||
    My firm is 3A's for Biomed at Manchester so but they might let me drop a grade (they said at interview) and if you're in the top 5% they let you transfer... But if not, my insurance is ABB, and if I don't get that, I may kill myself :'D
    Graduate entry is even harder though, so a teensy bit scared ;]
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    i understand

May i ask, if i have volunteered teaching children on saturdays, and also at a charity shop, and played football for a club for a few years, will this suffice or are they looking for anything in paticular?

(i've done a year long group work project, and was a peer mentor for a month or two)?

=/ i just feel so confused, i am never sure what they exactly want , you know?

thank you, and best of luck with your app
    I think that's a lot of responsibility :'D
    Im sure that will be okay :]]

Just a warning: if your college offers EPQ DON'T DO IT! :|
    Waste of time that no medical courses accept just focus on your subjects ^^

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    I hope you get the grades too! I'm dreading the results - and I still have 3 exams left :'D
    Agreed - it's the last shot :||
    My firm is 3A's for Biomed at Manchester so but they might let me drop a grade (they said at interview) and if you're in the top 5% they let you transfer... But if not, my insurance is ABB, and if I don't get that, I may kill myself :'D
    Graduate entry is even harder though, so a teensy bit scared ;]
    What about you?
    Ah bummer :/ mine finished on Thursday, but I'm actually lost! I don't know what to do thats not revision! but I do love guilt free tv sessions lol I didn't go for any backups, I couldn't decide so I just didn't :P I figured I'd be happier with a year off than doing something I didn't want to do.

I would probably cry for a week if I didn't get the grades, literally lol Not wanting to sound harsh, but probably will, there are particular I'm not going to open my results around. I feel so bad when I'm disappointed with a B and then theres people around me who are getting D's and give you The Death Stare

Think I'd just keep trying to get into medicine, one way or another a consultant my dad saw told him to tell me that no matter what, just keep trying for it cause it is the best job in the world

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a lot of responsibility :'D
    Im sure that will be okay :]]

Just a warning: if your college offers EPQ DON'T DO IT! :|
    Waste of time that no medical courses accept just focus on your subjects ^^

:O i've taken the EPQ

could you tell me more?

I am interested in medicine, and would love to research on it. Most of my EPQ will be finished over the summer, and it will allow me to talk about it, should i be lucky enough to get an interview oppurtunity

But you've been there, done that, i'll take your advise, could you tell me more?(please)

ReputationRep:
    Ah bummer :/ mine finished on Thursday, but I'm actually lost! I don't know what to do thats not revision! but I do love guilt free tv sessions lol I didn't go for any backups, I couldn't decide so I just didn't :P I figured I'd be happier with a year off than doing something I didn't want to do.

I would probably cry for a week if I didn't get the grades, literally lol Not wanting to sound harsh, but probably will, there are particular I'm not going to open my results around. I feel so bad when I'm disappointed with a B and then theres people around me who are getting D's and give you The Death Stare

Think I'd just keep trying to get into medicine, one way or another a consultant my dad saw told him to tell me that no matter what, just keep trying for it cause it is the best job in the world
    I've been buying books from amazon like there's no tomorrow ;] roll on Friday
    Very brave xD I'm too much of a chicken
    I know... It's like 'noo!! I got a B! D:' and then people are like *go and crawl in a hold and die* stare :'D
    I will get in eventually. I will resort to bribery and prostitution. Not that it will get that far
    I loved my 2 weeks work exp. From then I knew what I wanted to do :']
    What alevels did you take?

ReputationRep:

could you tell me more?

I am interested in medicine, and would love to research on it. Most of my EPQ will be finished over the summer, and it will allow me to talk about it, should i be lucky enough to get an interview oppurtunity

But you've been there, done that, i'll take your advise, could you tell me more?(please)
    The EPQ is soooooooooooooooo much work, but tbh I think it's worth it Although they don't count it, it does add another element to your personal statement (but then again it takes up precious characters) and it gives you something else to talk about it in interview. I had to read an article and answer questions on it, and by luck it turned out that it was vaugely related to my EPQ which really helped

ReputationRep:

could you tell me more?

If you finish everything over the summer, it won't be too bad if you actually want to do it. But I aimed to do it over the summer and didn't. It distracted from my alevels, took so much of my time and I got to the point where I had a breakdown in a lesson because of the pressure I was under :|
    They have set questions to ask you for medicine interviews, and don't care about EPQ... My biomed interview was far more interested about asking me about a cure for cancer :'D

Anyway, I got an A* in mine, but nowhere cares. it didn't help me to get an interview and it didn't help me in my January exams :']

But if you think you can do it all in the summer, feel free

ReputationRep:
    I've been buying books from amazon like there's no tomorrow ;] roll on Friday
    Very brave xD I'm too much of a chicken
    I know... It's like 'noo!! I got a B! D:' and then people are like *go and crawl in a hold and die* stare :'D
    I will get in eventually. I will resort to bribery and prostitution. Not that it will get that far
    I loved my 2 weeks work exp. From then I knew what I wanted to do :']
    What alevels did you take?
    hahahaha well if thats what you need to do to get in....
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths, AS science in society (biggest mistake ever!) and EPQ and physics last year to top off the science geekness :dance: lol what ones did you take?

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha well if thats what you need to do to get in....
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths, AS science in society (biggest mistake ever!) and EPQ and physics last year to top off the science geekness :dance: lol what ones did you take?
    I would you know
    Ohmygod, how could you stand physics ;D
    Biology, Chemistry and Psychology :'D AS English Language :'D and EPQ also :P
    What did you do yours on? Mine was the biggest waste of time ever :'D

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.