The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
Original post by Straight up G
:facepalm:

Just....:erm:
Original post by Nator
But can't you see your actions? I thought you were just here, as a normal candidate, to seek some help, but this repetitive "Do Question 12 etc." is really cheap, you have a new question every second, and the world does not revolve around you, remember it. I agree with G here, you clearly can't see the effects of your actions, but really to be on the receiving end of one is absolute ridicule, coupled with the creation of back to back accounts.

:s-smilie: Nator?

I'm only getting assitance with one-off questions that, after i have honestly thought about, can logically not see a way foward. No-one is obliged to answer, i just want to learn from you guys, who are better thinkers than i am, so that i may improve my own self.

back2back accounts is the result of a moderator abusing his power, banning my original account, meaning all my subsequent accounts are getting banned.

Oh well, i know it was a power abuse, i can't re-tell my story/have told people. i'm just here to get down and to stop procrastinating...
Original post by down with zionism
PS - impossible to complete without having done W/E or voluntary...if i do a months nursing home, i'll be good enough to write 70% of my PS, leaving around 30% just to the W/E.

Lol good luck with a PS focused on just voluntary/work experience.

You guys have been doing so much BMAT stuff :emo:
Original post by oHellno
Lol good luck with a PS focused on just voluntary/work experience.

i've done no care/hospital/nursing participation, am looking to do it soon though - the hospital may have to wait a while.

originally, i was writing a ps with no w/e or voluntary.

The BMAT prep is hot air atm, it's some here and there, it's hit and miss. most questions i can't do anyway
You guys have been doing so much BMAT stuff :emo:

look at edits
Reply 5104
The best thing you can do with this **** is to just ignore him completely and not respond to his posts. Might make him realise that he's not wanted here. :smile:

look at edits

I think you might have missed my point, never mind.
Guys, does anyone find UKCAT harder than BMAT without revising either of them?

I haven't done UKCAT revision, but it took me half an hour to do 4 questions, I still only got two right.

I haven't done BMAT, but I did Section 1 and Section 2 of the Spec in half an hour as well, and I got pretty high marks.

Am I just awkward? Also, on UKCAT, I understand it's adjusted every year, but roughly, what are the grade boundaries like? Nator told me some for BMAT (roughly), anyone knows a similar estimate of the UKCAT ones?
Reply 5107
:s-smilie: Nator?

I'm only getting assitance with one-off questions that, after i have honestly thought about, can logically not see a way foward. No-one is obliged to answer, i just want to learn from you guys, who are better thinkers than i am, so that i may improve my own self.

back2back accounts is the result of a moderator abusing his power, banning my original account, meaning all my subsequent accounts are getting banned.

Oh well, i know it was a power abuse, i can't re-tell my story/have told people. i'm just here to get down and to stop procrastinating...

Yes?

One-off questions seem like a good half of the paper...But there is a way to deal with such dilemmas, and such bombardment of questions is not the way to do it.

But why is this moderator banning you constantly? They can't just abuse their power because they don't like you, they must have some sort of viable reason. Think about it.
Original post by Beska
The best thing you can do with this **** is to just ignore him completely and not respond to his posts. Might make him realise that he's not wanted here. :smile:

i'm giving you a pos rep, in the realisation we can all have mature discussions, and not have to go as low as swearing. i've read your posts, and your story, and have been inspired by your succesful re-application
Original post by Beska

It's not that. I don't like shutting people out, I'm sure you don't either. What is irritating however, his spamming, being impatient and overly sucking up, as he (she, as he thinks of himself), is doing.

sixthformer, for ****s sake, just stop spamming and repeatedly quoting.
Original post by Nator
Yes?

One-off questions seem like a good half of the paper...But there is a way to deal with such dilemmas, and such bombardment of questions is not the way to do it.

But why is this moderator banning you constantly? They can't just abuse their power because they don't like you, they must have some sort of viable reason. Think about it.

i made a thread, ONE thread, about israel's massacere of 2009, and got banned...

if you look back, i've asked around 10 questions , spanning several papers.

there are ALOT i can't do

12/27 = 5/9 for S2
Reply 5111

I haven't done UKCAT revision, but it took me half an hour to do 4 questions, I still only got two right.

I haven't done BMAT, but I did Section 1 and Section 2 of the Spec in half an hour as well, and I got pretty high marks.

Am I just awkward? Also, on UKCAT, I understand it's adjusted every year, but roughly, what are the grade boundaries like? Nator told me some for BMAT (roughly), anyone knows a similar estimate of the UKCAT ones?

Haha exactly! At last someone who has the same problem as me! :biggrin:

And good stuff same here! And no you are fine, and afraid there is no definite ones for UKCAT, they alternate everywhere depending on the performance of the best/worst candidates in the country, needless to say it would be impossible to predict a certain mark needed to get a good grade. Hope this helped :tongue:
It's not that. I don't like shutting people out, I'm sure you don't either. What is irritating however, his spamming, being impatient and overly sucking up, as he (she, as he thinks of himself), is doing.

sixthformer, for ****s sake, just stop spamming and repeatedly quoting.

=/ i really don't want a productive and useful forum to turn like this , because of me.

i reserve my right to be here, and allow you to ignore me, if you feel in anyway i am disturbing you.
I find both the bmat/ukcat hard

the bmat = more of being able to manipulate , the ukcat more of speed, and quick , logical thinking
Reply 5114
It's not that. I don't like shutting people out, I'm sure you don't either.

There are only so many allowances you can make for somebody. I am a patient person but some immature applicant who constantly bypasses IP bans to post the same questions over and over again is a little too far. Sixthformer is ridiculously incompetent and unable to do even the most basic of research, and I am convinced that by even posting in the same thread as him reduces my IQ. He's not going to stop what he's doing - in fact, he has declared "war" on TSR or some kiddy crap - so the best we can do is just ignore him and hope he goes away. Like a mosquito bite.
Reply 5115
i made a thread, ONE thread, about israel's massacere of 2009, and got banned...

if you look back, i've asked around 10 questions , spanning several papers.

there are ALOT i can't do

12/27 = 5/9 for S2

Well there you go, a thread on a highly controversial topic, needless to say must have had something insulting to get banned...

And that's good.
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Do it tomorrow, think of not applying as physically throwing money away!

I've not got an issue with money though, the main motivation right now is the realisation how little time there is left :s-smilie:
Reply 5117
Original post by Beska
There are only so many allowances you can make for somebody. I am a patient person but some immature applicant who constantly bypasses IP bans to post the same questions over and over again is a little too far. Sixthformer is ridiculously incompetent and unable to do even the most basic of research, and I am convinced that by even posting in the same thread as him reduces my IQ. He's not going to stop what he's doing - in fact, he has declared "war" on TSR or some kiddy crap - so the best we can do is just ignore him and hope he goes away. Like a mosquito bite.

Well this is one mosquito bite which will become a scar...
Original post by Nator
Haha exactly! At last someone who has the same problem as me! :biggrin:

And good stuff same here! And no you are fine, and afraid there is no definite ones for UKCAT, they alternate everywhere depending on the performance of the best/worst candidates in the country, needless to say it would be impossible to predict a certain mark needed to get a good grade. Hope this helped :tongue:

Thank god, I was thinking that I'd missed the point or something.

Yeah, it did, thanks man. Guess I'll have to get cracking with the UKCAT then...

Many people find the UKCAT harder than the first two sections of the BMAT due to the fact the UKCAT is a more in depth version of section 1 of the BMAT and section 2 simply tests scientific knowledge at a basic level.

UKCAT does not have grade boundaries however most uni's prefer you to have total marks over 2400.

Latest

Trending

Trending